Prom Night

It’s the last prom ever and me and Betty were going together, that was a major surprise on my part. I never thought that I of all people would be going with Betty fucking Cooper, the most beautiful girl on this damned planet. I actually didn’t pick her up, and before you say “OH MY GOD! This guy is an idiot!” let me explain. You see, Veronica wanted to make Betty’s dress a surprise, she wanted to “blow me out of this world” with her superior fashion skills. At this point I was standing by the drink and food station waiting on Betty and Veronica to show up, and boy Veronica wasn’t kidding. The situation was almost so cliche it was sickening.

   I was staring at my cup full of, probably spiked, punch, hands in my pockets of the borrowed suit. I hear sudden silence after the opening of the gym door and I look up to see a smirking Veronica and Betty. Oh my god Betty was beautiful, she was an angel on this poisoned planet. I looked at her and everything stopped and people disappeared, if I already wasn’t in love with her I definitely was now. Her dress was a gentle white with an indication of pink, soft sparkles made beautiful patterns of flowers on the skirt. Her makeup was natural, her lips a soft pink, and her hair was in a braided bun. I was in such a trance that I didn’t even notice Archie next to me, calling my name. I stopped staring when he waved his hand in front of my face.

   “I’m sorry, what was that Arch?” I said after I cleared my throat.

   “I said the girls look nice don’t they?” He said with a frown of concern on his face.

   “More than nice Arch, more than nice” I placed my gaze back on my girlfriend.

   “I think you're only talking about Betty there” He said and walked to Veronica.

   I sped walked to Betty, desperate just to be around her. I stopped a few feet away from her, she looked back at me and smiled. I sighed and shook my head.

   “Veronica wasn’t kidding” I said walking closer to her, afraid that if I blink I’ll lose her.

   “I guess not” Betty laughed

   “Care to dance?” I said when I heard a song come on.

   “I would love to Juggie”

   She grabbed my hand and led me to the dance floor, I put my hands on her waist and she placed hers around my neck.

   “Just so you know I have no idea how to dance”

   “Oh Juggie, I guess I’ll lead then” she laughed

   That night was one of the best of my life, other than our wedding night and when our son was born. I couldn’t even forget it if I tried. Betty Cooper(Jones) my own personal angel.