Betty pt. 2

“Wait, wait, what?” Betty said while waving her hand “you want me to move in with you?”

“Well not exactly” she then gave me a face as if saying go on “it would be like shared custody, if you need a long break from your family you could come to my place, but if you want to be at home then you could be at home”

She nodded at my idea and continued to make her adorable thinking face that made me want to smother her in cuddles like the cinnamon roll she is.

“So what do you think, do you think we might be able to convince your parents?” I asked.

“If we catch them on a good day maybe” she sighed running her hands through her hair “we might have to wait a while after I get back home, they will be so livid when I get back unharmed claiming I ran away”

“Everything will be fine baby, we were able to solve a murder who says we won’t be able to manipulate parents”

She giggled, I soon decided to stay mainly because I spent a week at least without my girlfriend. We both we’re able to fit on the cot, she just slept on top of me as I held her. I was looking around the dimly lit bunker and noticed a little closet like thing that contained food and an electric portable oven top, she was not kidding when she said she was staying here for a while. On the small table in the middle of the bunker there was a bunch of what looked like school papers, I assumed that Betty asked the reachers for assignments early. My attention was soon brought to the wall closest to the cot, there were a bunch of photos of us over the years, most consisting of me and her sometimes me, her and Archie. I sighed and wondered how long Betty has been going down here all by herself. My thoughts were soon stopped by my drowsiness.

It’s been a few days since Betty has come back home, her parents still claim she was kidnapped, to worried about their reputation if word got out about her running away. I was just at Pop’s surrounded by coffee cups, papers, and my laptop, typing away all the issues in my life. Then I got a text from Betty saying it was time, I knew what she meant in the vague text. I quickly packed all of my things and paid at the register. I sped walked, well more like ran to the Cooper house, I quickly got up the steps to the house and pushed on the doorbell button. It was answered by Betty thankfully, she ushered me inside and I followed slipping my trashed converses off at the door and placed my old leather satchel on one of the coat hooks not even bothering with my sherpa jacket. I follow her into the dinning room where both of her parents are sitting down at the table.

“So Betty, why have you asked us to be here exactly?” Hal asked, glaring at me every so often.

“Well to put it bluntly, my living situation, you both know I ran away, and it was for a reason, not so I could get attention” she explained, still sitting up as I decided to sit in the chair next to where Betty was standing.

“What do you mean by this Elizabeth?” Alice asked.

“Betty, mom, it’s Betty, it feels like the only ones who accepted this was dad and Polly” she sighed pinching the bridge of her nose with her index finger and thumb “and I mean is that I am done with all of the forcing me to become a person I am not, and don’t pull the ‘we want you to be successful’ crap, what I decide to do with my life is my decision and not yours, for years I have been forced to be friends with Archie, which actually wasn’t bad because I met Jug and Archie is a good idiot, but still, then you decided how I decorated my own room, you both know I hate pink. It’s just starting to get overwhelming okay? And sometimes to defuse I leave and go somewhere else alone, now Juggie found where I’ve been going and he doesn't like the idea of me being alone in these situations, so” she took a deep breath, after all this was life changing, her parents would basically be agreeing to her moving in with me and my dad “he offered instead of going to that place I could be at his, that way I was safer and you know where I am” she completed.

Her mom looked like she was going to kill someone, while her dad looked well unreadable, that kinda scared me. I honestly didn’t know who to be scared of the most when it came to the Cooper family.

“Okay” those words surprised me when they came out of Hal’s mouth.

“Wait really?” Betty asked, smiling at her father.

“Yeah I’m okay with it, if it comes down to your mental health then I guess so”

Alice’s nostrils flared as she heard these words, it looked like she was debating on who to kill first, me or her husband.

“What no! Hal this boy lives on the southside of all places, we are sending our daughter to the worst place possible, not only that but in a trailer with two men!”

“Mrs. Cooper, honestly my father works late so he won’t be around a lot, and Betty will tell you, I am extremely respectful of her space” I explained feeling slightly insulted that she would insinuate such a thing.

“He is telling the truth mom”

“Alice, I’d rather this be the situation than our daughter running away without a word to us, if this is what Betty wants then so be it”

Me and Betty smiled at his words. In the end Betty was able to come to my trailer when she needed, as long as I knew beforehand so I could take her with me after school, there was no “defileing”, I made sure Betty was doing her school work, and that she was comfortable. That wasn’t really an issue, after all we both were always comfortable around each other. In the end all three parents were fine with it, dad claims that he has never seen me happier since mom left, I guess he’s right.