Chapter 4

We got out of the classroom and made our way towards the  front doors to leave the U.A. building. Neither of us is talking. Bakugou doesn't make a sound while we're walking around in the empty hallways so I decide to break the ice.

"So... You go to the arcade often?" Phew, I didn't stutter. It's going to be fine. "Only when I want to get out of the house, which is often". He doesn't look at me, he is facing the other way. His hands are hidden in his large pockets. "Suffocating parents?" I ask him sympathizing, my tone softening. I mean home is okay, my aunt is really kind and I really love her but it's not the same as having two parents. Or at least I think so, it's not like I've experienced both. Even when father used to live with me he would be out of the house most of the time.  

"Tch. Let's not talk about my family problems". He doesn't seem delighted by my mentioning his family situation and so I don't press him on it. Now I don't have an opening for a conversation.

Damn you, you angry pomeranian.

"What about you? Are your parents suffocating you, or whatever?" His once angry voice is now much calmer, but it holds so much sadness, I just feel it. Things must be really hard for him at home.

"I...uh, I don't have parents?" I question. I look up towards himand he turns his head to look at me, as well. His staring eyes are slightly less narrowed and his lips are just forming a straight thin line, not a single word escapes them. He probably wants me to elaborate. I keep my gaze down and decide to continue, "My father abandoned me and my...mom, well, I never really had the chance to meet her. She died while giving birth to me" I tighten my fists and close my eyes.

My body shuts my brain down, entering the autopilot mode, almost ready to take me to the darkest corner of my mind, but his steady, almost sad voice keeps me from going there and brings me back to our conversation. My tears stand back and never leave my eyes as I'm listening to his voice. I can feel how calm he is. "My mom is always angry at me. I don't know why. Her temper is really short." He decided to share. That's progress, I guess. I chuckle at his words. We need to lighten up the atmosphere, somehow. He looks at me in confusion. "HUH?! Why are you laughing?!" His voice is now back to its normal, loud, obnoxious tone.

"You're one to talk about short temper." The ghost of a smirk is displayed on my lips as I start laughing. "WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!" And...he's back to normal! There went my 7 minutes in Heaven.

"Nothing. Don't worry about it" I smile at him and put my hand on his shoulder. I feel him stiffen at my touch so I quickly let go. He must not really like physical affection, I respect that. In the slight moment I held on to his shoulder I got one of these visions, a memory of his. But I was not thinking about it, memory fudge was not on my mind. I didn't intend to use it, especially on him, if he could sense it, he'd probably kill me, and I agreed with myself that we will be living for now.

It's a small boy, around 8 maybe. He had the same ash blond hair as Bakugo so I can only assume it was him. He seemed angry. But his eyes, they were really bright. He was smiling.

From the information Mina has given me, this boy doesn't smile. Something must have happened that made him this way, this moody and angry and...cold. And I am determined to figure out what that is. I quickly shake my head, I can not let my guard down right now, he is observant, he could figure it out and I can't let this happen. 

We keep walking in silence, a comfortable one this time. Soon enough, we see the arcade in front of us. "You should prepare yourself" Bakugo says, smirking. I look to the side where he is standing with a puzzled expression on my face. "Because you're getting your ass beaten" He is looking at me now.

I mirror his smirk. "You wish you could beat my ass" I cross my hands in front of my chest. He clicks his tongue in dissaproval of my kinky comment. "Let's lay some ground rules." He faces to the side again, his jawline staring right at my soul. I would let that jawline cut me in a thousand pieces and... I look away, making an effort to erase my sinister thoughts off my brain.

"Okay." is all can I manage to say.

"We can't use our quirks. And you can't distract me in any way to make me lose." He looks behind me and blinks, his eyes locking in mine. 'Any problem with that?" He takes a step towards me.

"I don't need cheap tactics neither my quirk to win."  I turn my head to look at him. We're too close for my liking so I decide to take a step back to create more distance between us. I look at him with a smile and start running towards the cashier to get my tokens.

"THAT'S BASICALLY CHEATING" He shouts amused at my anctics as he starts running to catch up to me. "IT WASN'T IN YOUR STUPID RULES" I shout back, loud enough for him to hear me as I giggle. He's okay for company, he'll become my sidekick in two hours and I'm happy it's him I picked a fight with. He's not fragile like those middle schoolers, who would cry at any and every insult I threw their way. He is a challenge that I'm ready to clear. Let the games begin.