Chapter 24

I wake up. My head feels heavy. I groan and sit up, only to realize I'm not in my bed. I quickly get up and look around.

"Good morning, dumbass" I turn to where the voice came from, the familiar ash blonde boy standing under the door frame holding a glass of water.

"How did I get here?" He comes closer and gives me the water and some sort of pill. I look up at him and he just looks away mumbling "Painkillers".

I nod my head and take the pill, downing the water quickly. I look at him again, too tired to repeat my question. He seems to catch on after I stare at him long enough, since he holds his hand out.

"Just see for yourself, moron" He looks away again, a small blush overtakes his cheeks but he tries to hide it. I take his palm in mine and try to focus on him.

As the memories of last night rewind I stop at the one in front of the building I was in last night with the League of  Villains.  Katsuki is appears running from the corner. He stops and positions himself as if he's ready to blast the whole damn place up. Just as he is about to open the door, someone else does it for him. Dabi, a guy I met last night, is the one who opened the door, with a completely wasted me holding onto him and laughing my ass off. Dabi's eyes sparkle with a glint of amusement.

"And who might you be?" Dabi smirks at Katsuki who just growls.

"I'm here for her. Hand her over" He is in no mood to play, that I can tell.

"You're the pomeranian, right? She went on and on about you. Said some stuff about your quirk. Show me yours and I'll show you mine?" By now, Katsuki is fuming.

"Just give me the girl" His stern voice seems like holding all of his anger behind, but it could burst out at any moment.

"Relax, dude" Dabi chuckles "I'm just taking her home" He gestures with the hand that's not around me. Katsuki takes a step forward, small sparkles lighting up and in seconds there is a huge explosion. I run into it so I can see what exactly happened and I see Katsuki run to my side, while Dabi is coughing and I'm just laughing.

"Shut up dumbass, it's not even funny" He says while with a swift move he puts me on his back and starts running.

I open my eyes, not letting go of Katsuki's hand. He looks at me, silently questioning why I won't let go.

"Thanks" I smile softly.

"That was nothing" He pauses for a second, realizing that he is smiling too. "How did you even turn your location on?" His features change to their normal, more narrowed tones.

"Oh...I don't know. I must have done it by accident I guess" I chuckle.

"Do you remember how you ended up there?" He crosses his hands over his chest, but his body language doesn't change his previous movements. He can change stances all he wants, it's his eyes that I'm reading.

"I actually went with my mom, she showed up after you left last night. I couldn't say no or complain about it because-"

"Hey, I get it" He clicks his tongue on the roof of his mouth, porducing a 'tsk' sound. He turns his gaze on me, a fire already lit in his eyes "You're fine now, right?" I gulp and nod. "That's all that matters. I'm not discussing this again".

A chill runs down my spine. What's up with him? Why does he always act nice and then cold? 

"Neither am I" I challenge him.

"You should call your aunt, by the way" He crosses his arms over his chest, looking at me as if he's waiting for me to figure something out.

I NEVER TOLD NEMURI!

"DID YOU CONTACT HER?" I grab him by the shirt and he pries my hand off him, holding it in his. He gives me a smirk.

"I mean, I could have. But lackily for you, I just left her a text saying a friend called you in the middle of the night and you had to go" I slap his chest with my other hand.

"You could have started with that" I click my tongue at the roof of my mouth. Katsuki looks at me, as if he's proud. "Shut up" I tell him and he just chuckles.

Without saying another word he turns on his heel and walks to the door. "Where are you going?" I stand up as fast as I can and follow behind him like a lost puppy.

"The festival is just around the corner, I think we should train" He nods towards the backyard and I follow silently, thinking of ways I can bring him down at least once.

-

"I'm almost impressed" Katsuki tells me as he chugs down his water bottle.

"I have that effect on people" He smiles at me and extends his hand to help me up from my sitting position on the grass. I take it and stand up right next to him. We head inside, talking about our techniques.

"Katsuki?" A female voice shouts from the kitchen. From his scoff, I can tell it must be his mom. "And...Y/n, is it?" She gives me a bright smile. I hear Katsuki's mumbles and decide to not pay attention. His mother extends her hand and I shake it.

"Yes, and you must be Mrs Bakugou?" I give her a polite smile. She must think I'm crazy, all sweaty and red. 

She chuckles "Please, call me Mitsuki, I am not that old"

"Mom, stop. We're going upstairs"

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Y/n, dear, are you staying for dinner?" Mitsuki asks me, dismissing her son's complains. How many hours have we been practicing for?

Now, let's think about it; Nemuri  must be worried, but I don't wanna be rude. Getting on Katsuki's nerves is a plus too. We reach his room and he sits on his bed, resting his head in between of his palms.

-----

"You don't have to stay if you don't want to" Katsuki says distracting the h/c haired girl from her thoughts. 

His words didn't show it, but his eyes definitely would, which is why he hid them in the first place. Little did she know how much he wanted her to stay. It was like she had put a spell on him.

"Don't worry about being impolite-" His next words never left his mouth, because the girl's voice stopped them.

"I want to stay, though" His head perked up. "Can you point me to the bathroom? I don't want to stink during dinner" She gave him a cheeky smile and that was the moment he knew, he was madly in love with her.

-----

Sorry for not updating for so long, I kind of lost my motivation. But now I'm back:) Also , I made a playlist for this book while trying to find my motivation, really helped. Here's the link babes<3

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/17fQPG49JD9N4ckXsKeetV?si=0408ce4cb89d428b