Chapter 12

TW: In this chapter there will be mentions of suicide. If you have any problems with that skip over to the end.

Toshinori hugged me until my tears dried. "What happened, y/n?" 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to d-do this..." I look in his eyes  "Would it be okay if I didn't attend my afternoon classes?"

"I'll explain to Mr. Aizawa. And I'll have young Midoriya bring your bag. Do you need me to take you home?" His eyes always soften when he's around me. It could be that I always looked up  him. He always has had a soft spot for me, especially after he found me...I am really grateful for this man.

"No it's okay. Βut...could you maybe...not tell my aunt?" He nods in understanding and lets go of me.

"Whatever happened, I'm sure you'll get through it. You are really brave, y/n. Remember, you've been through worse, you can do this" His encouraging words bring a smile to my lips. After many apologies and thank-yous I leave the school building from the main entrance. I chuckle to myself. It might be the third, maybe fourth time I leave this building through the front door, like normal people do.

I waste no time flying home and go straight to my bed. I close my eyes and all I see is what I did to Izuku this morning. I open my eyes and change my position. I fall asleep but the same memory replays in my head. I feel unable to open my eyes. A sharp pain shoots all over my body.

I tried to kill myself. I tried to kill myself. I tried to kill myself. I tried to kill myself.

My eyes shoot open and I can hear myself scream. I need to be rid of this. Do I store the memory somewhere? Should I try taking it away from myself? How do I do this? How do I stop this pain?

Without thinking it through I grab my phone from my nightstand. The line rings three times until it picks up.

"What do you want, baka?" Bakugou's voice echoes through my already full head. He scoffs.

"C-can you...come over? Please?" I bring my thumb between my lips and chew on my nail. I hear a faint groan from the other side of the line and then a sigh.

"I'll be there in 15 minutes" The call ends and I throw the phone on the mat next to my bed. Why did I do that? Of all people, why did I call Katsuki Bakugou?

Because of your stupid feelings for him. My conciousness reminds me and I try to have a chat with her until he arrives. But she didn't let it happen. Such a cruel world that we live in.

The doorbell rings less than 10 minutes later. I rush downstairs and open the door. Bakugou is standing on the other side with his hands in his pockets. He opens his mouth to say something but his voice never comes out, as my arms wrapping around him caught him off guard. He doesn't waste any time in hugging me back.

"What happened, teddy bear?" His voice comes out soft, laced with a hint of concern. He walks inside and closes the door with his leg. We stand there in silence for some time. I pull away and use my sleeves to remove my tears from my cheeks.

"I'm sorry I called you, I didn't know what to do and you were the first one to pop in my mind and so I called you and then-" He cuts me off, putting his hands on both sides of my face and slightly moving my head to look up and match his gaze. 

"Just tell me what happened nice and slowly, okay?" I nod my head, looking anywhere but his eyes. I try to regain my composure but immediately fail. "My room is this way" I turn around and go up the stairs with him following me. We get in my room and we sit on my bed. I bring my legs close to my chest and hug them. It's time to tell him the truth.

"I tried something when I was 13" I look at him to make sure he's listening.

"What something?" His eyes seem apologetic.

"I tried killing myself. I was quirkless till then. When I woke up in the hospital room two days later, the doctor told me that there was something there. It was small, but it was there. He told me I wasn't quirkless but he couldn't figure out what my quirk was. I found out for myself six months later, but there is something else..." He nods, taking all the information in, letting me continue.

"I...I found out myself. I couldn't understand what was happening, but I knew it wasn't normal. I developed another quirk. I call it 'Memory Fudge'. I believe it lets me see other people's memories and maybe change them"

"Have you ever used it?"

"A couple of times, yes, but only one of them was intentional" He nods again.

"Have you ever used it...on me?" My gaze meets his.

"Once or twice but I swear it wasn't on purpose. We were on the roof and I was asleep, it just got activated on its own" I rumble about it until he puts his hand on mine.

"It doesn't really matter", he pauses for a second, collecting his thoughts. "Do you know how do you do it, though?"

"I think it happens when I touch other people" I expected his hand to move from mine, but it never did, instead he interwined our fingers together. A small smile overtakes my features.

"What is the problem?"

"In the morning, I told Izuku about my atempt and he didn't take it well. I could see he was in pain so I tried to take the memory away. It worked because he doesn't remember me ever telling him but...I think there are side effects when I use it. I was a mess the whole day. I came back home to sleep it off but every time I try to close my eyes the memory resurfaces on my brain and I feel...pain"

I look up at him and he is looking on the floor, probably processing everything I told him. A couple of minutes pass by until he finally looks at me again.

"Can you bare it till the morning?" He asks me and I shake my head. "I'll try to" A sob escapes my lips, "I-I can't control it, Katsuki" The tears start rolling down once again. Why am I so weak?

His arm wraps around me while his other hand is still interwined with mine. He tries to shush my sobs by whispering in my ear.

"Hey, it's okay. You will learn, I could help you. But right now, we must restrict the side effects. First thing in the morning, you and I are going to the support course. We will ask the teacher there to make something to store up feelings or thoughts, mental states in general" I nod and then look in his eyes. I don't really know how to explain this, but his arms seem so right when they are around me. I feel...safe.

"Thank you, Katsuki" I look in his eyes and all I can see is worry. "Do you wanna sleep?" I avert my eyes from his.

"This might seem weird, but can you stay with me, while I sleep? Last time, on the roof, I felt...  peaceful with you there. Does that make any sense, at all? I chuckle. He tucks some hair behind my ear without giving me a response.

He lies on my bed and I do the same. We sit there in silence. I close my eyes, not really being able to sleep. He notices and scoots closer to me, putting his arm around my waist. The peaceful feeling returns once his palm makes contact with my skin.

"Don't make this weird, idiot, it's just to help you sleep. Nothing more" He mumbles and I snuggle in his chest, feeling his warmth radiate through my body.

_____

Hey guys! I edited some stuff on the first chapter because I realised I was getting ahead of myself with the story line lol. Expect drama in the next chapters. The rest of the story, actually. Good reading<3