Chapter 30: Origin (Part 2)

I get off the plane, setting my feet on the ground. I look at the building in front of me, which has a huge sign on top of it, reading "London City Airport". I get my luggage from the terminal and soon, I am outside. In the city London. I look at the card postal in my palm, squeezing it harder. He sent it to me for my birthday this year. He better not have moved, or this will all be for nothing.

I just lost a huge opportunity, I left the sports festival as soon as Todoroki got me the ticket. A return ticket. I leave around 5 in the morning so I can be back for my afternoon classes, without missing the whole day. Todoroki will cover for me, saying I was feeling sick. I already talked to Mr. Aizawa so he can tell my aunt. He probably told her long after I boarded the plane, which is why I turned off my phone. I cannot be distracted from my mission.

I look at the piece of paper once again. 

8, Silver Lane street, SW52 3VM

I made a route on how to get there during the flight. Thankfully, I made all the right turns, leading right up to his doorstep. I take a deep breath. Before I even have the chance to ring the doorbell, the door opens. It is the moment of truth.

On the other side of the door stands a tall man. His hair is gray, with a couple of white hairs, his glasses are on the bridge of his nose. His eyebrows are a couple of shades darker than his hair. He has a gray blazer in one hand and the doorknob on the other. He appears to be puzzled.

"Dad?" I ask, my voice shaking. "I was not expecting company", he states simply, opening the door wider and taking a few steps back, letting me in. I walk in and he closes the door behind me. He throws his stuff on the table by the door and directs me to what appears to be the living room.

I sit down on the couch. "Would you like anything from the kitchen? It is a long flight, from Japan to London, after all", his voice has changed. He has changed. It doesn't feel like this is the man who abandoned me. "Some water would be good"

"Would you like tea? I'm making us some tea" I observe the furniture  while I wait for him to come back. Soon, he turns up with tea, water and cookies.

"Unfortunately, I am not your father, Y/n" He confirms my theory and continues on with his monologue, "However, I do know him. I am his colleague and he let me stay here for a couple of weeks. As you have figured out by now, he is outside. He told me I should be expecting you soon. He will come back in an hour or two, I am not quite sure"

The dissapointment spread on my face. I made this whole fucking trip to see him and get answers and yet he is not here. "He did leave something, in case he weren't here when you came". He stands up and walks to the other side of the room, in which there is a dining table. I walk behind him and see him looking through some files until he finally pulls one up and hands it to me. I take it and observe it.

"I do not know what is inside. Forgive me, but I need to leave now. Feel free to stay as long as you need to" He leaves through the door, leaving me alone in the house. I quickly tear up the piece of paper, giving me access to the file. Inside it lies a handwritten letter and a compass. I take out the letter first.

Dear Y/n,

I am sorry I have not been there for you. I needed time. There are a lot of things you don't know and I need to tell you. But for that to happen, you must go to the Subway on the 6th Street. Once inside face to the west.

Good luck

Dad