Chapter 16

"You two haven't been attending your afternoon classes properly. Why is that?" Sensei says, fixing up some papers on his desk.

"We...uh...I-" Bakugou cuts off my pathetic attempt of an excuse.

"She's been having trouble with her quirk and I'm trying to help" He looks Aizawa in the eye and he just sighs.

"What kind of trouble?" He looks in between us trying to figure out the truth. I look at Katsuki and he nods, brushing his arm on mine gently.

I explain everything to Aizawa, leaving the cuddling and last night's dream out. He seems to understand the situation, but is still at a loss for words. He nods and stares at me for a minute. 

"Was the support course of any help?" He asks. He has probably already thought of 13 different ways to help me.

"A pink haired girl gave me a USB stick. I have to stick it in my mouth and think of what I want to be rid of. I haven't tried it yet, because we are at school" I say honestly.

"Try it now" Aizawa encourages me. I take the device out of my bag and put it in my mouth. It doesn't taste so bad. I recall the memory of telling Midoriya about my attempt and the pain that accompanies it isn't very joyful. I fall on my knees and cry out. Katsuki falls right after me to hold me, in case I pass out, while Aizawa is just watching. I try hard to think of the memory without shedding any tears. I am almost successful. A tear falls down and the pain suddenly stops. I look at Katsuki and he gives me a soft smile.

"I think it worked" I sob and stand up with his aid. I look at Aizawa and he sighs.

"I believe that you feel emotional pain which turns to physical pain. You take the person's emotional pain, along with the memory. You already have the memory yourself but you don't have the emotions. My theory is that the emotion turns to physical pain once it gets to your body, that's why it hurts you so much"

I nod at his explanation. It makes sense. But, did it really hurt Izuku this badly?

"It could also be mutliplied. It's just theory. I will search more into it, if you'd like" 

"Thank you, Sensei" I bow.

We leave school and we both go the same way. I stare at him and he stares back, clicking his tongue.

"What?" He growls

"Oh nothing. Just wondering why you're going this way?" I smile a little, at the thought of him taking me home.

"We don't know if this device will work correctly, yet. I am coming with you to make sure nothing happens to you" He looks to the side "I'm not doing this because I care, you've just entrusted me with this" He glares at the ground.

"Don't worry, I know you don't" A sad smile is plastered on my lips. I knew that already, but why does it hurt so much to hear it out loud?

-

After dinner he decided to stay over tonight, too. Nemuri wasn't really fond of the idea but she allowed it anyway. We're lying on my bed now. His hands are wrapped around my waist and my back is facing him. This is weird. Being with him like this, all the time. It's fucking killing me. His stupid cologne in my room and his precence here. I am getting too used to him being around all the time. But I can't help it. I need him to be here, I feel...safe. My thoughts are consumed by the slumber I soon drift away to.

I am back in the metallic room. There is a couch this time and my mother is sitting on it. I greet her and sit down with her. She offers me some tea. 

"How was school, honey?" I take the cup of tea in my hands and take a sip. 

"Same old, same old" I smile at her. This isn't even my mother. She is a fragment of my imagination, built just how I thought she would be. Except for her eyes. Her eyes are a perfecr shade of purple, occasionally turning pink for a couple of seconds. This could be my only chance of ever seeing her again. Even if I have imagined her, I have so many questions to ask her.

"Ask away, darling" She chuckles "What is it that you want to know?"

"Everything. My birth, for starters. You and dad. Your life in general. I want to know everything"

"Fair enough" She takes a sip of her tea and the storytelling begins.

"I was young, 19, to be exact, when I met your father and had you. I was charmed by him and he had taken an interesting in me. As it was normal, we had sex. Good sex, too"

"Gross" I chuckle and she does the same.

"When he learnt I was pregnant, he was ashamed. He was a hero and it would be irresponsible of him to leave the 19 year old  girl carrying his baby all alone. I was too young, I couldn't handle a baby. But he said it was the right thing to do and so, we made a deal. I would give you to him as soon as you were born in exchange for my identity to be kept hidden."

I look at her puzzled. Was she in trouble with the law?

"And so, my little apple pie, you were born" She tucks some hair behind my  ear. "Your father didn't keep his promise, did he? He gave you away to his sister. That was really pathetic of him"

"He sends me postcards on my birthday" I shrug and she nods her head. Silence overtakes the room. My mind, flooded by the thoughts, lets my lips move on their own.

"Why did you need your identity to be a secret, mom?" The word mom feels funny when I say it out loud. I must really give my brain some credit, for giving me a mother, even if it's just for two nights.

"I thought that was obvious, honey. Sorry for not making it clear before" A smirk takes over her delicate futures as she takes another sip of her now almost finished tea.

"I am a villain, darling"