Chapter 25

I got out of the shower and Katsuki went in after me. I wear the clothes laying on his bed. I've wronged him, these sweatpants are too comfortable not to wear, even if they don't look it. I walk down the stairs, running a hand through my still dump hair.

"Do you need any help?" I ask once I see Mitsuki's back.

"Can you stir this while I set the table, dear?"

"I can set the table, if you'd like" I send her a smile and she returns it.

"The plates are in the second cabinet to your left"

I find the plates, followed by the cutlery and glasses, setting the table for four.

"You know, Y/n" Mitsuki says, still stirring the pot. "This is the first time in forever that Katsuki brought someone home, let alone a girl. And a pretty one, at that"

I look at her in confusion, as she stares into the pot in front of her, a ghost of a smile on her lips.

"I'm really happy about this. You see, Katsuki and I usually don't get along. His father is too timid to talk back to either of us. Katsuki inherited my temper" She chuckles and takes the pot off the oven.

"The thing is, he is a nice boy, Y/n" A sigh leaves her lips, once she turns around to look at me. "He may have outbursts sometimes, he is quite a handful, that I know. Just, please, promise me you'll keep him happy, and on the good road?"

I nod my head, not knowing what to say. That must have taken guts to say, especially to a person who is a complete stranger.

"Sorry for being late, everyone" A man comes into view closing the front door, "Work ran late"

"Hey honey" Mitsuki greets him with a hug. I smile politely only assuming this is Katsuki's dad. "Y/n, this is my husband, Misaru. Misaru, this is Katsuki's friend, Y/n" Shortly after the greetings are over, Katsuki rushes down the stairs with his angry look on his face.

"Katsuki, what happened?" His mother asks him. He just scoffs before answering "Shitty hair invited the whole class to the movies"

"Shitty...hair? WHY ARE YOU CALLING SOMEONE LIKE THAT?" Mitsuki seems to be confused and angry at her son's manners. She smacks his head and he just frowns, rubbing the spot. I look at her knowingly. Silence falls on the table, which now is filled with food. The ice needs to be broken.

"I'll go if you go" I state as I take a bite of my chicken.

"What?" Katsuki yells, turning his head to look at me, his veins popping out of his head.

"It sounds boring, but at least we can make fun of the movie" I suggest. He silently agrees with a nod and continues eating.

His parents look at each other, then me, then back at each other as if they've seen a ghost. Do they think he is untameable? I chuckle, not being able to hold it in as I look at their expressions. The climate around the table soon changes and the four of us eat together in peace. Not once again does Katsuki whine or yell. He stays quiet and talks whenever he is asked a question, leaving his parents in shock still.

-

After dinner Katsuki walked me home. He said it was just because his mom told him to, but I don't believe that for a second.

"I like her. She's very nice" I say, looking at the open road in front of me.

"That's just because you were over" He kicks a pebble off the sidewalk and in a bush, grunting in the process.

"Maybe it's just because you get on her nerves" A chuckle escapes my lips and I see him looking at me, his eyes narrowed and his lips forming a straight line.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Another grunting sound comes out of his mouth. I observe him for a bit, before answering. His hands are tucked away in his large pockets, his hair is still kind of dump, from the shower he took right before dinner.

He is a nice boy, Y/n

Mitsuki's words run through my mind. He really is a nice boy.

"Hey, Katsuki?" I take a glance at him and look back in front of me, careful not to trip. A 'tsk' sound is heard from him in response, acknowledging my call.

"Thanks" I smile softly. The moon is really pretty tonight.

"For what?" He clicks his tongue on the roof of his mouth.

"For everything" I turn to the side so I can look at him, seeing as we reached my house. I grab his shirt lightly, pulling him close to me. His reaction to my hug is not what I expected. Instead of pulling away and screaming, his arms, almost immediately wrapped around me. I can feel his hot breath on my hair, his muscular arms wrapped tightly around me, but not so tight that I can'r breathe.

"If I had to, I'd do it all over again" He whispers, probably hoping I wouldn't hear.

-----

Katsuki was laying on his bed, thinking about the events of the evening. The bouncy ball bouncing like crazy from his fingers to the ceiling and back again. What in the holy fuck?! bong. Y/n was at his house. bong. And they had dinner. bong. With his parents. bong. Like a fucking date! Why the fuck would that old hag do this? bong. It's not like any of them knows I like her, do they?

"Katsuki?" His mother's soft voice put him out of his trance and stopped him from throwing the ball onto the ceiling again. 

"What?" He sighed, turning his head to look at her. It's not like he hated her, hell, that is the woman who gave him his life, he loved her. He just didn't know how to express himself, which led to most of their fights. And both of their tempers didn't make it any easier to hold a normal conversation.

"Y/n is an incredible young lady" He just stared at her, not knowing how to answer. "Your father and I both believe that" The woman's eyes turned soft at her son's image. His feet were almost hanging from his bed. He had grown up, she was pretty sure he didn't need her anymore, especially in the love department. But that didn't stop her from meddling. She wanted to be a part of his life, to understand him. And most importantly, to let him know she was always there if he ever needed her.

"You would tell us if you liked someone, right?" Her soft voice caught him off guard. He sat up and looked her straight in the eye and that was all his mother needed to know. Her son was finally in love. She smiled.

"I would like for her to come to dinner next week too, she is lovely. She can bring her parents too, if she'd like" Mitsuki turned around, closing the door behind her, once she left her son's room.

The blonde boy sighed in frustration, scrathing his sculp with both of his hands like crazy 

"She doesn't have parents" He mumbled angrily and fell once again on the soft mattress, hitting the ball with more force than before.