Chapter 34

I open the door to Nemuri's dorm and she looks at me from the couch. Her arms are crossed over her chest. The TV is playing silently on the background.

"Where were you? You didn't take your phone with you and it's the middle of the night!" Nemuri says, looking very tired and annoyed. She rubs her pointer and middle finger on her temple.

Well, fuck.

"I was training with Katsuki. And then Aizawa came and forced us out. Here's your key." I walk closer to her and put the cardkey on the coffee table in front of her. "What happened after that?" The tiredness and annoyance leave her face and are replaced with excitement and interest at the sound of Katsuki's name. I've told her things about him before. She may not have liked the idea of him and I at first, but after a while she accepted it.

"We layed unter the stars and we talked" I tell her, leaving out the whole kissing part. "What did you talk about?" She pats the empty space next to her and I sit down. "Well, words were definetely said" She rolls her eyes at my sarcasm and indicates for me to continue.

"We talked about everything and nothing really. From school to quirks and any topic in between" She nods her head in understanding. "And this is why you get home at 2 in the morning? I love you, kid, but I'm not buying this shit" She looks me up and down, her eyes lingering on my swollen lips.

Double fuck.

"We, uh...we may have also kissed, once? Maybe twice. But nothing more happened!" I look at her shyly, feeling my cheeks getting warm and her eyes suddenly brighten. "How was it? Actually...nevermind, your lips can answer that" She gives me a lipbalm and I quickly grab it, putting some on my lips. The embarrassment I'm feeling right now. "You are very lucky it's a Friday night" I nod my head.

I mean, I know I'm not in trouble. She would have been chill if I had told her I would stay out late, but my dumbass forgot the fucking phone. I get in the shower and let the hot water fall on my skin. I put my thumb on my lips, the sensation of him coming back. I smile wide to myself.

-----

The week couldn't have gone by any faster. They would probably move in the dorms on Sunday. His parents had already agreed to Mr. Aizawa's request, wanting him out of the house soon.

Just because he likes to break shit when he is angry. And who doesn't?

The blond boy gets up from bed and groans. He grabs his phone and makes his way to the bathroom.  He couldn't sleep, he was thinking about her until dawn. How could a girl so annoying have gotten under his skin like that? At first she was just the annoying girl with the good quirk. But in such a short time, she became so much more.

As he's brushing his teeth, his phone vibrates in his pocket. He grabs it quickly and luckily, it was a message from the girl that had been on his mind all this time.

meet me at our spot tomorrow
i wanna show you something <3

Unintentionally, he smiled. That tree, on U.A's grounds, the one at the entrance of the building, the one under which they laid together the night before. They declared it as their spot last night. He doesn't remember how they did that, exactly, and he doesn't really care. He was too busy staring at her to care about such a small detail. Besides, he could always ask her.

He put the toothbrush in its place and his expression darkened. He wouldn't see her until tomorrow. What was he supposed to do now?

"Don't worry. It's just a day, anyway. You're seeing her tomorrow, right?" An unknown voice said from behind him. He turned around as fast as his reflexes would allow him to and sent a blast towards the voice. "Wow, chill" The feminine voice said with a laugh. It reminds him of her laugh...

There's no fucking way.

"Won't you even greet me? She wasn't lying when she said you have no manners and a quick temper" He could see her now. Her hair was white and long, held in a tight high ponytail. Even tied, it would reach her waist. She wore a purple short body suit. Her eyes were big, with a purple glee in them. She was exactly what Y/n had said she'd be.

"What the fuck do you want?" He gritted through his teeth, completely ready to blast her out of his house. How dare she set foot in his fucking home? How did she even find his home..?

"She doesn't like me much, does she? Damn, I really thought I was growing on her. We can work on that later. But for now, there are some things you and I need to discuss. Go on, tell your mom you're going out for a few" He glared at her and she challenged him, "Or would you like me to tell her?"

Still glaring at her, he went backwards, opening the door "I'm going out! I'll be back soon!" He yelled and his mother responded with another yell. He closed the door and the woman before him smiled.

"After you" she said, indicating towards his window. After muttering a string of curses, he jumped out of the window of the first floor. She jumped right after him, landing next to him.

"I think we're way past being nice" He said and a devious smirk grew on her lips, "Whatever you wish" She didn't give him any time to react as she grabbed him by the sides and jumped up.

He thought about blasting her and escaping. But then he thought he should know what they were up against first and so, he let Lily take him, his thoughts constantly drifting to Y/n.

-----

I look at my phone once again, the last message I got from Katsuki yesterday displayed on the screen.

11am. don't be late.

It's almost ten minutes after eleven. Where the fuck is he? I was thinking about him too much last night, so much, that I couldn't sleep. I ended up making him a playlist. I smile to myself. Just the thought of listening to this together makes me happy.

The morning wind cuts my fantasy in half. It's really cold, but we are still pretty early in March. I close my eyes, focusing on the atmosphere around me. The wind turns to a slightly less colder breeze.

Satisfied with myself, I open my eyes only to see him running towards me, his hood covering his hair, but drifting back from the breeze. "Hey, what happened-"

He cuts me off, grabbing my arm and forcing me to jog with him. "It's not safe here. Let's go inside" I don't know what's going on, but I follow him anyway. We get inside the building and in our classroom, surprised it's not locked. He lets his back fall on the wall, letting a sigh fall of his lips.

"Katsuki, what's happening?" I wait for his answer, but it never comes. He finally opens his eyes and for the first time ever, I see fear in them.

"Your mom came by my house yesterday" My heart skips a beat, knowing exactly why he seems so afraid. She visited him, which means she must know something. Realization hits me. She knows where he lives.

"We had a chat" His eyes stare deeply in mine "She wants you to go back to the bar and become one of them" He stands up and takes a step towards me. "She said she was being nice all this time, giving you space. She has grown impatient" He puts his hand on the side of my face, stroking my cheek with his thumb. I gulp. "Y/n, our time is running out. We need to do something and we need to do it fast, before they make their move"

"There's not enough time. I'm not ready, Katsuki" I put my hand on top of his. 

"Then, we have to train harder" I search his eyes and I catch a spark, determination in them. "I am not letting her take you away from me"