Chapter 37

"Again" Aizawa says clapping his hands for me to begin the obstacle course again. I've done it four times already, each one lasted around thirty minutes. I chug my water bottle down and take a deep breath. Again we go.

This is a 6 mile course, filled with obstacles from climbing to crawling to jumping. It is extremely tiring and extremely beneficial as Aizawa says. Compared to this, the entrance exam most people complained about must have been a piece of cake.

I run up the hill, avoiding the attacks by the robots. I heard some of these were in the exam too. I keep running as fast as I can when I reach the rocky end, which I have to climb all the way up. I climb until I reach the top, where Shoto is waiting for me. This is new.

"You wanna train too?" I ask as I help myself stand. My hands feel sore but I push the feeling down. There is no time right now. "Aizawa asked me to be here so I came" We both nod as a signal that our fight began.

He doesn't waste a second, immediately running towards me. I jump up, going around him. I kick him on the leg and he falls down. He uses his arm to make me fall and he stands back up on his feet as I do the same. We circle each other, both focused, both wanting to win. "Anything I should know?" I ask glaring in his eyes. "No quirks allowed" I smirk and keep low making my move.

I run under him and and grab his legs, lifting him. I let him down as  I can't hold him any longer and he loses his balance. In this second I find an opening and punch him in the stomach. In an impossible speed he puts his hand in front of my fist, stopping me. He lifts me from my arm and throws me down. I fall and can't get up for a good second.

The platform of the hill moves slightly and starts going down, towards the grounf. Shoto extends his arm and lifts me up.

"Are you hurt?" He asks me and I can see it in his eyes, he is actually worried. I shake my head "No, just tired". He nods and we get down the platform. Aizawa tells us what our mistakes in the fight were and after that he dismisses us.

"I've been training too much" I whine on our way back to the dorms. I need to take a shower. 

"Want me to walk you to your dorm?" He asks me and I can't help but smile. He is too kind. "That's fine" We part ways once the elevator leaves him on his floor and I continue my way up. I drag my feet to my dorm, too exhausted to even take my shoes off as I fall flat on my bed. I groan and I hear the bathroom door open. 

My body goes into survival mode without my brain's consent and I'm quick on my feet, facing the bathroom. My face falls once I realize it is my mother.

"Miss me, hon?" She asks me and I try to pass off as if I've relaxed. I'm not letting my guard off for a second with her. She cannot be trusted. "What do you need dear mother?" I say, my voice dripping with sarcasm. 

"Can't I just come say hi to my daughter whom I've missed?" She tilts her head to the side. "Not when you've abandonded her in a club and haven't said a word to her ever since" How did she even manage to come inside of U.A? I thought this place was safe. If this school, which is one of the most secure buildings in the whole country can't hold her off, then no place can. Nowhere is safe.

"I was called away for business I didn't have time to call you. But, I didn't come empty handed" A wicked smile forms on her lips. "You and I, we go on a mission together. Tonight. What do you say?"

I think of her offer and for a split second, I let myself imagine. Her and I, on a mission, together. We could have fun, I could gain intel, but the most important of all, I could spend time with my mother. I hate her for the way she is treating me, because I know. She is here now only because she needs my help. And I hate myself, because I know that and I am still going to agree, just to get her attention, try to bond with her. I hate myself, because I have let my guard down. I hate myself, because, "Yes. I'll come with you"

She smiles, satisfaction all over her face, knowing she has succeed. She made me cave. "I'll come when it's time. Wear your costume, you will need it" She giggles, waving her hands in excitement. "This is going to be so much fun!" She exclaims and in a blink of an eye, she is gone.

I look around me, realization settling in. I just agreed to go on a mission with the bad guys.

-----

I haven't seen Y/n since the day she cried herself to sleep in my arms in an empty classroom. That was over a week ago. Could she be embarrassed? I have given her space, but I don't know if it's what she needs right now. I've come to the point where I'm asking Todoroki for help. The half and half bastard has spent a lot of time with her. He told me Aizawa has them working together, which means that she has been training. I just wish that training was to happen with me.

God, I'm pathetic. All I do is think about her and I can't even be mad about it because I fucking like it. I feel weak.

I throw another punch, letting my anger out and forcing Kirishima back. "Baku-bro, relax. Are you trying to kill the punching bag?" He says and readjusts his position holding the punching bag still for me. I click my tongue and stop my workout to glare at him. "You and it both, shitty-hair" I mumble under my breath. I don't know if he actually heard me or not and even if he did, he doesn't seem to acknowledge it.

I continue, throwing punch after punch until my arms feel sore. I grab my water bottle and chug it down. I check my phone. No new messages, no missed calls. It's as if she's avoiding me. I shake my head and take my towel off the bench. 

Seeing her in class won't cut it anymore. She doesn't seem as happy. She seems more serious. No. She is focused. But she's too focused. She doesn't even talk to anyone except for that fucker, Todoroki anymore. It's as if she has been building a world of her own, a world that doesn't have me in it and I hate the idea of that.

Kirishima makes a joke but I don't even hear it. I'm too angry to hear anything around me right now. "Baku-bro, what happened?" He asks and I just click my tongue, fast pacing out of the gym and towards the dorms.

Fuck her stupid space. I want in. I miss her and I want to see her.

If she won't find me, I guess I'll have to find her.