Chapter 14

I accidentally posted chapter 15 before 14 so if you read it, it could have been confusing. Sorry for my stupidity<3

-

"W-WHAT?!" I scream, taking a step back. Bakugou takes a step forward at the same time, rendering me unable to get out of his arms. If some ghost was seeing this and he was deaf it could look like we are walsing.

"You said that you were able to sleep when I was with you, right?" I nod and gulp. Is he for real? Is he actually suggesting that he stays here? 

"The whole night?" My voice is almost breaking. Is he really willing to do this?

"As long as you need me to be here" He reassures me and pats me on the head. 

After many exhausting arguments with Bakugou the front door of the house opens.

"I'm so sorry pumpkin, the meeting took longer than expected and I-" She pauses, once she sees Bakugou and I sitting on the couch watching TV.

"I didn't realize we had company" She crosses her arms over her chest.

"Miss Midnight" Bakugou stands up to bow then sits back down next to me.

"Young Bakugou!" She is taken aback by the politeness. Every time she has ever seen him in class he is always screaming at someone or being disrespectful. Seeing him like this must have shocked her. "Y/n, a word?" She regains her composure and walks out to the patio. I look at Bakugou apologetically as I am getting up and he just nods.

"Are you absolutely mental?! What is he doing here, at 10 in the night?!" Her crazy hand gestures make it hard to concentrate on her words.

"When I told you to make friends I...That wasn't what I meant!" Nemuri is pissed. 

"I know, auntie. But...I had a problem and he came over to help me solve it. I was thinking he would stay over, because we haven't found a solution yet" I fidget with my fingers. I knew it was a gamble, bringing him here, but I didn't expect her to react like this. "Look, whether you like it or not, he is my friend. And I needed his help" I need to convince her.

She stares at me for a minute and starts yelling again "When you have a problem, YOU CALL ME! Not your friend, not your boyfriend, not Toshinori, but ME!" Why is she being so hysterical?

"DON'T YOU GET IT? HE KNOWS ABOUT IT AND HE HASN'T MADE ME FEEL BAD. HE ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT ME!" Tears fill my eyes and the lamps start swaying around. She notices the change in the atmosphere and tries to calm me down, but she fails miserably. "KATSUKI IS A GREAT PERSON! IN FACT, I THINK I MIGHT LIKE HIM! "

"Y/n, calm down, please. I am sorry" She puts her hands in front of her in defense. A mug that was sitting on the coffee table falls and breaks.

"BUT HOW COULD YOU KNOW? YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT MY HAPPINESS!" The windows and the front door open, making a loud thud once they hit the walls.

"Sweety, please I didn't mean to-" I cut her off.

"YOU ARE STUCK WITH ME, BECAUSE OF MY FATHER'S INCOMPETENCE! YOU DIDN'T EVEN WANT ME HERE, DID YOU?" The tears keep falling down and the wind is becoming uncontrolable. I fall down on my knees and look at my hands.

"Auntie...I can't control it" She looks at my tear filled eyes and she seems full of regret for what she is about to do.

Bakugou's POV

I hear yelling from outside the house and decide to check up on y/n.

"Is everything oka-"

"BAKUGOU, HOLD YOUR BREATH!" Midnight yells and cuts a slit in her costume, activating her quirk.

The scene in front of me doesn't look good. The wind is blowing uncontrolably. I look at y/n, fallen on her knees. Did she... lose control?

I quickly put my arm in front of me and hold my breath. Midnight is using her quirk on y/n to calm her down? She looks me in the eye and I see her tear stained cheeks. Once the fog reaches up to her, her eyes close and she passes out. Within seconds, I am sitting down and her head falls on my lap. The fog is swayed by the wind and just like that it stops. I put my arms around her and pick her up, standing up myself in the process. I look at Midnight and she sighs in relief.

"Get her inside"

I nod and get inside, walking up to her room, to put her to bed. What did I just witness?

-

Midnight sits on the chair across from me and puts two cups on the table, pouring tea in both of them. She takes one and holds it close to her mouth, sighing before taking a sip. I look at her without talking.

She chuckles "You must have a lot of questions. Since you had to witness that, I have no choice but explain the situation to you"

"Does that happen a lot?" I put my hands on my thighs, impatient for answers.

"That was the third time in the last 5 months" She pauses for a minute, trying to figure out her next words. "Y/n told me that you know about her... attempt"

I nod a little. Does she know about Memory Fudge?

"I don't know how much she has told you or why, but you must know that she doesn't do that a lot. Opening up, I mean. She was always kind of shy and didn't have many friends. She doesn't tell me much, either"

So she doesn't know.

"Y/n is a special kid. I believe you know about her father leaving, right?"

Once again, I nod my head. She might give me more information that what y/n has given me.

"Then you know that her past is dark. It is much darker than you or anyone could ever imagine. I will not give you the details, you are too young to know about that such pure evil even exists. She doesn't know either. Everything is not what it seems, keep that in mind" She looks around and then looks me in the eye.

"She sees something in you. I don't know what it is, but she sees it. You better treat her right, you know. I will not hesitate to beat you up, minor or not. She is traumatized. So, please, treat her right"

I nod, once again, taking in the information. She told me about her father. But what about her mother?

"And her mother? She's told me she never met her" Midnight flinches at the mention of y/n's mother. What the fuck happened  between them?

"That is correct" She clears her throat. "She died on the way to the hospital and the doctors performed surgery on her to get y/n out of her dead body. It's really sad, what happened to her. I didn't know her well, but my brother was really devastaded with the incident"

Hm.

"Thank you for the information, Sensei. I will go upstairs to check on y/n"

I hear a sigh, "I will allow it just this once" I look at her in question. 

"You can stay for the night, young Bakugou. But only this time"