Chapter 5

"There's no way in Hell you didn't cheat!" I say disappointed at my loss.

"Don't be such a sore loser, idiot" He puts his hands behind his head to support it as he closes his eyes. "You know," He starts saying. I look at him, he seems deep in thought so I decide to keep my rude comment to myself and let him speak.

"We never talked about what woud happen if I win, because you were so sure about my loss." So that's why he is so deep in thought? I won't give him this pleasure.

"And what is it that you want, oh lord explosion?" I roll my eyes, almost keeping my chuckles to myself. He seems to really be enjoying himself right now. He looks away, his hands leaving the position they were in before, only to land next to his sides and then inside of his large pockets. "I want you to sit next to me, in class, for the whole year." He closes his eyes again. It seems too simple, I don't buy it.

"And why is that?" I ask him as I stop walking to turn around and look at him. He notices my body language and he stops walking as well, but he doesn't turn around. "I don't like people. And if there's some stupid bastard annoying me all year, I'd rather it be someone who..." My brows are furrowed. Someone who what you dip shit?

"Is so bad at video games." He starts laughing. He is actually laughing. "Man, you really suck at video games." His eyes are not so narrowed, once again.

"Considering I haven't gone to an arcade in over a year I, myself, believe I played really well." I cross my arms in front of my chest and humph.

"You can call your 'lack of skills' however you want, dumbass, it is still you who lost." He smirks, his hand gestures making his point across loud and clear.

"Oh, screw you pomeranian." I am the one looking to the side now. I actually had never been to an arcade before today, so I just thought I could use my quirk to win but I guess I was wrong.

"Oi, don't go there, idiot." He clicks his tongue. "However you please, oh lord explosion." We look at each other and chuckle. Sitting next to this dip shit might not be so bad, after all.
-
I got home about an hour later. Not sooner had I taken a step inside my aunt was already smirking my way.

"So...how did your date go, sweetheart? You had fun?" Nemuri is asking questions. Of course she is, I got out of the house for the first time in a long time.

"For your information, it was not a date. It was a challenge. And I completely failed." I get out of my shoes and put on my slippers to go to the kitchen, where my aunt is sitting on the dining table with a newspaper and a coffee mug. "Why did you fail, pumpkin?"

"Aunt, no, I've told you, you're actually supposed to sit on the chairs, not on the table."I say rolling my eyes as I sigh.

"Do not be sarcastic to me, young lady." She points at me with her index finger, of the hand that was holding the newspaper, with a stern look.

"Meh. You're getting there." I open the fridge to grab some milk.

"Damn, I really thought I had it this time!" She scoffs, earning a chuckle from me as I'm reaching for a bowl. Why do we have such tall cupboards?

"Hey, don't think you got away with it. Tell me about your date." I look at her with the box of cereal in my hand and I sigh.

"It was NOT a date. We just hang out, okay?" I exclaim as I take my bowl and sit right next to her, who finally sat down on a chair.

"Was it only the two of you?" She presses.

"Yes, but..." She cuts me off.

"Did he decide where you were going?"

"Technically, yes but..." It's no use. She will keep cutting me off until I let her say her piece.

"Did he pay for the both of you?" I don't answer her this time. "Well...?" I've never told Nemuri about going out before, let alone with a guy. She is patiently waiting for my answer.

I recall our not date. I actually didn't pay for the tokens, at the beginning. He ran faster than me and then gave me my tokens...

"He actually did...But that has nothing to do with it being a date!" I try to defend myself. "Alright. Then tell me what it was." She puts her arm on the table, resting her head on her palm while looking at me intensely.

"It was a bet. We hang out because I made a bet that I could beat him at anything and he decided 'anything' was the arcade." I put my head in between of my hands on the table.

"But you've never been to an arcade before..." She starts connecting the dots.
"I know that." My voice comes out all muffled because of my arms being under my mouth. "But he couldn't know, it would have been instant game over for me." I lift my head up to look at her.

"You look kind of flustered..." She smirks.
"Well, auntie, if I look like it, then most certainly I am." I sigh once more as I finish my cereal.

"What did you bet on?" She sounds kind of worried. "If I won I told him he'd be my sidekick for a year but-"
"You didn't win. That's why you failed the challenge. What did it cost you?" And now she seems...angry? Man, is this woman bipolar.

I get up and put the now empty bowl in the sink and turn around to put my hands on it as I'm looking at my aunt. "He just wants us to...sit next to each other? I don't know, it seemed kind of weird..."

Namuri smiled at my words, but I could tell, she would not about to say what was on her mind. "Last question, then you can go finish your homework." The smile is still visible but I can see she is being precautious.

"Alright, go ahead." I give her the green light and she grabs it, not wasting any time.

"What is the boy's name?"

Oh that's an easy one. "Katsuki Bakugou"
Her smile faulters a bit but it's quickly recovered. But not quick enough so I couldn't notice.