Y/n's Letter

Dear Katsuki,

I'm sorry, but tonight I will be breaking the promise I made to you. I don't know if I'll ever have the chance or guts to tell you up close that I am in love with you and I'm sorry that I'm telling you this through a letter. There is no way to express my sadness and disappointment in myself for leaving without telling you beforehand and I'm never forgiving myself, because you are the best thing that ever happened to me. My time with you has been the happiest I've ever been and I ever will be. I want you to know it's not your fault I left and don't you DARE, not even for a second, blame yourself. I didn't leave because of you, but for you. Because I care about you too much to let you come in harm's way for me, which is why I decided to follow my mother. I hope that one day, you will be able to forgive me for this.

I want you to know that our last day meant more to me than you could ever know. I love you. I promise to come back to you. And I hope I won't ever break this promise. Please don't hate me for this. If anyone asks, tell them I'm with my father, I don't want anybody worrying over me. You are the only person I'm leaving a letter to, because you deserve to know. Don't blame anybody else but me. This is all my fault and I apologize for all of it. Take your anger out on me, I've left all my stuff behind so you could burn it or throw it away. They're yours to choose. I'm sorry for hurting you, I hope one day you can try and understand why I had to do this.

I love you,

Y/n