Chapter 29

"What do you need, L/n?" Todoroki looks at me, questioning what I could possibly need from him. "Say, how soon can you book me a flight to London?"

He gasps at my weird request but nods his head anyway. "I'll see what I can do"

"Thank you, Todoroki-kun"
-
"The first years of the hero course! It's class A" President Mic's voice echoes through the stadium, introducing our class. We all stand in line, waiting for the first event to be announced. I try to drown out my classmates' voices. I push my thoughts at the back of my mind. I'll come back to this after the Festival.

"You will do fine, sweetie, don't worry" My aunt's voice startles me. I nod my head and continue focusing as she walks up to the stage. "And now, the Athlete's Oath!" She announces as the crowd cheers as Midnight will be our ref. "From Class 1-A, Katsuki Bakugou!"

Everybody gasps in surprise, including me. How the fuck did Katsuki earn this? Where does he even find the time to study so much that he will now stand on stage?! I thought him and I were on the same leve, but it turns out I'm wrong. I haven't been studying much lately, but apparently he has busted his ass off. That's hot.

He walks up the stairs, seemingly ignoring the student body's comments. 

"I WILL BE THE NUMBER ONE! I'M GONNA TAKE THE FIRST PLACE! MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT!" He yells loudly. People start booing him and make rude comments about him and our class as a whole. Some could mistake his cockiness as over-confidence, but I know better. He's trying to psych himself up, saying he can't lose. He approaches me, standing right next to me and I grab his hand in mine, trying to reassure him that he indeed can do this. He returns the gesture with a squeeze and a soft smile plasters accross my face.

"Without any delay, let's get the first event started!" Midnight yells and then starts explaining. The first event is an obstacle course. The course is a four kilometer lap around the entire stadium. "As long as you don't go off course, everything is fair game" She concludes and starts the countdown.

I need to stay in the front places, but not the first one. I don't want to stand out but I don't want to stay behind, either. The race begins and I decide to use my quirk early. I don'twant to exhaust myself, as it's still only the first event. I need to store my power.

The moment my legs are on the outside part of the stadium, I start floating carefully towards the front. From above, I see Todoroki use his ice to leave the rest of us behind. I chuckle to myself. Knowing our class, nobody is staying behind just yet.

"I ain't lettting you get ahead so easily half and half" Katsuki yells, using his explosions to stay in the air. I decide to help him a bit, pushing him forward just a teeny little bit so he can reach him easier. He doesn't seem to notice the boost I gave him as he doesn't give me a look or anything. Most people come to a hault, the ones who passed Todoroki's ice, as they see some huge green robots. Katsuki and I have talked about this, these are the faux villains from the entrance exam. I sit back and relax, letting a couple people pass the robots till I fly above them and continue with the race.

"The current leaders of the pack are overwhelmingly from class A" President Mic states through the speakers. The next obstacle is a cliff, with ropes tied from one side to another. I float my way from rock to rock to reach the other side but still stay behind the leading two, Todoroki and Bakugou. I realized that the number of the students passing on to the next event was never mentioned. It's better if I stay in the front for now. And I do so, running behind the duo and into the third obstacle, the minefield. I jump lightly here and there, making bombs explode right after I pass them.

I keep running close to the two boys, catching a glimpse of their heated conversation. "Your war of declarationn back at the prep room," Katsuki smirks, "Was to the wrong person, Icy Hot", He states, referring to the scene back in the preparation room, right before the beginning of the festival. Katsuki must be pissed, everyone keeps overlooking him. Todoroki declared war to Izuku, not him. And with my erasing Izuku and Uraraka's memory of our little makeout session, his anger is justified.

The boys stop arguing once they notice a plate of metal flying above their heads. I soon realize that the one driving it is Izuku. He could get badly injured if that thing crushed with him on top of it. I blow some air out of my mouth

Shenbui lend me your power.

I must have asked the wrong god, as Izuku flaps down right in the middle of the leading boys, but luckily I manage to control his fall, reaching my hand out and twisting it, making Izuku fall on his back and do a couple of back-flips until he stands up and starts running again. I really need Todoroki to get me this ticket.

I end up taking fifth place on the race without so much more than a drop of sweat falling of my forehead. I take a big gulp of water when I see Todoroki approaching me with a white envelope in his hand.

"L/n-san" He states, once he is in ear range. "I found you a ticket, but...The plane leaves in an hour. I'm afraid that if you go, you will miss the rest of the Sports Festival" Todoroki explains.

"That is a chance I'm willing to take. Thank you, Todoroki-kun" I say, taking the envelope in my hands. "I owe you one" He nods at my words, as if he's holding onto my promise. I nod back at him as I run back to the prep room. A hand grabs my wirst pulling me back. "Where the fuck are you going, Y/n?" Katsuki tells me, letting go of my wrist.

"No more secrets, Katsuki. It's time to reveal the truth" He visibly cringes at my words. "What are you talking about, idiot? The next event will start in less than 15 minutes!"

I take a deep breath, preparing for the words that are about to come out of my lips.

"I'm going to see my father" Katsuki's eyes flash with an emotion I can't recognize.

"Go, I'll cover for you" I shot him a thankful nod and he returns it. I turn around to leave but he grabs my hand. "Be careful, okay?"

I nod at his words, squeezing his hand a little, until his touch is gone and I'm picking up my stuff to go to the airport.

-----

Sorry for not updating on schedule guys. I'm on vacation and I don't have my laptop with me. Chile, next chapter is Y/n's origin part 2- the real one this time hehehe. See you next week bebes<3