Chapter 33

"Hey, aunt, I'm gonna go train some more for the day!" I shout, putting my shoes on. "Need help?" Nemuri shouts back and points towards her keycard. I take it "I'm good! Bye!" I close the door behind me and make my way to Ground Omega. Katsuki and I have done some combat training together so I know most of his moves already, but that feels like a century ago.

I reach the door and see Katsuki waiting there, holding his U.A. track suit under his arm. "What's with that?" I grin.  He looks at me up and down. "Shut up, you're wearing it already", he mutters and lets me go in first. We close the door behind us and look around. We have the whole grounds to ourselves.

I start on my streches. I don' want to pull a muscle. My eyes trail to the emptiness around us, until I see him taking off his shirt. "Katsuki, what are you-"

"I'm not gonna get my clothes dirty, that's why I brought the fucking suit" My features soften, I know it had only been a couple of days, but I still missed him. But I am not admiting that out loud. To anybody. Ever.

"Smart move, considering I'll drag your ass to the ground" I smirk and he starts streching too.

-----

A smile formed on his lips, without him meaning to. She just has that trait. She makes him smile all the fucking time. And it's so fucking frustrating. Somehow, he always lets his guard down when he's around her. And he hates it. He hates it so much. Why did it have to be her? Why did it have to be anyone, really? He is not the type of person to have nor show feelings towards anyone. Ever. So how did she become the exception?

"That is if you can even get your hands on my ass" He mutters annoyed. She annoys the shit out of him, and yet he still can't hate her. Hell, he can't even dislike her. And how could he?

"So," She dismisses his 'ass' comment, "Are we gonna fight or what?"

He doesn't want to fight her, not right now at least. Fighting is at the far end of his mind. All he wants, is to ask her how it all went, if she has any new information. At first, when Icy Hot told him she left he was mad, but the anger soon faded and worry kicked in. He doesn't want to feel worry. And especially not for her. He knows she can handle herself, so why does he still wonder if she needs him? It's clear as day she doesn't. And yet he wants her, no, he needs her to need him.

"Bring it on" He smirks. He is Katsuki Bakugou, he would never back away from a challenge after all, would he?

He doesn't give her much time to process or get into her fighting stance. Instead, he immediatelly lunges in, throwing a right hook to her stomach. Since she has no time to react, she  coughs, using her quirk as defense. She sends a large wave of air towards him, making him take a few steps back. The wave doesn't stop and yet she is already moving, appearing to his left and then his right, then left again. He is left with an image of dust, before he falls to the ground.

"What the fuck happened in London?" He groans as he gets up, ready to fight her. He realizes, London wasn't just her trying to find her dad, it was her wanting to learn from him. Of course, how did he not see that sooner?

"Not much, really. My dad is hiding from my mom, he has an office in the sewers of the city. Oh, the airport was nice" She says, her voice dripping of sarcasm.

"Did he teach you anything else?" He looks her in the eye now. "You'll just have to wait and see, Katsuki" She smirks and begins her attack with a left side kick. He quickly dodges and counters, sending an explosion her way. Forced to back away, she blows air right into his face. His eyes hurt, he cannot open them.

He tries to hear the sounds, pick up the vibrations, anything that could help him position her. He thinks. She will come from above. He blasts an explosion right on top of his head and hears her grunt and fall to the ground. He opens his eyes to see her steading herself, almost sitting down. She must have taken some damage from that blast, but she should be fine. Hopefully.

He sends out a blast and she dodges it and counters. They keep going, until the door opens. They both get ready to use their quirks, knock whoever it is out. Their bodies, suddenly feel hollow, as if their quirks are not there anymore. They look at each other in shock. "Do you feel it too?" Y/n asks him. He nods. She seems scared. A figure walks in, it is no other than Aizawa. Realization hits them.

"What are you doing here? It's 11 in the fucking night. Go home, get some sleep" Their quirks are back. They look at each other again, as if to check that they both got it.

"We are just training" Y/n takes a step forward, "We haven't done anything wrong" She crosses her arms in front of her chest.

"For fuck's sake...I don't care what you were doing just stop doing it. I was waken up for this", he mutters to himself, "Just leave" He points toward the door and they both run out quickly, not daring say another word.

They keep running and they break out in laughs. They stop running once they reach the big tree, just outside the school building. They both sit down, still laughing. In this moment, Katsuki can feel everything. He can feel the air, the ground, the happiness. The love. Forr once in his life, he doesn't have to think.

He looks at her and their laughs die down. They keep staring at each other, daring the other to make the first move. He glances down to her lips and just like that, he does it. He doesn't feel nervous or worried. He feels relaxed, excited.

Their lips move in sync, their tongues fighting for dominance. He puts his hands on her waist, helping her move on his lap, never breaking their kiss. They keep kissing, until they run out of breath. After they have a moment to breathe, her lips find his, each time easier than the last.

He positions his forehead to match hers and they both breathe heavily. She looks at his swollen lips as he looks at her heated cheeks. They both look like a mess. And yet not one feels like it. She feels just like he does, happy, carefree. There is not a single thing that could ruin their moment.

He looks in her eyes, letting his lips on hers, once more, before he wraps his arms around her, hugging her. He slides down, until they are both laying, him on the ground and her on him. She puts one hand around his neck and one on his hair, softly playing with it.

-----

I look up at him. He seems so calm. I don't think I've ever seen him this calm. His thumb runs circles on my back. I can hear his hearbeat, gradually slowing down.

"You okay?" He asks, breaking our silence. I nod my head and then realize he can't see it. "Yes, I'm just thinking" He is looking up at the stars.

"About?" 

"Everything, nothing, I don't know" I sigh. He hasn't asked me yet and I know he is dying to know about London. "My father was...decent. He taught me a couple of techniques, but that's pretty much it. We didn't talk much, just about my mom, really. He didn't ask about my personal life. All he said was that he would make contact once it is safe again" 

My voice breaks. Was it not safe for the past 3 years? Why did he leave in the first place? And why didn't he take me with him? "Things could have been so much different if he hadn't left me" Tear fall down my eyes uncontrollably, soaking his shirt. He puts his hand on my head, caressing it, trying to comfort me, but the tears won't stop.

He doesn't say anything. He doesn't have to. This is just fine. Letting me sob in his arms is perfectly fine. Holding me, is exactly what I need right now and he knows it. I finally stop and we lay down, facing one another for what I assume is more than just a couple of minutes. But I don't mind at all.