Chapter 20: Origin(Part 1)

I know you have been waiting to know more about y/n's quirk. Without further ado, here it is. Y/n's quirk: Origin

Also, if anybody is confused, the memories are written in italics. Everything will be explained if you continue reading<3

Little spoiler/tip for you: don't believe a word that comes out of Lily's mouth, even if it is y/n's origin story;)

-----

"Darling, this might take some time. Do you have anywhere you need to be?" My mother asks me. I shake my head.

"Not that I know of. Can you please continue?" I plead with my eyes. My prayers have been heard. I can finally know, I didn't even have to tell her about Memory Fudge for her to know. This could be my imagination playing tricks on me, but I couldn't care less right now. Real or fake, today I'm learning the truth.

"It all started when I met your father. None knew about the other. We met at a bar and one thing led to another and you were born. By the time I had you, he had already learnt about my true identity. He claimed that he could not be with some evil-doer. And so, a deal was made. I gave birth to you and he said he would raise you to become the greatest hero. I didn't want to have an abortion. I was young and scared, which made me agree with his plan" She chuckles.

So my father knew. And he insisted that I was born. Hm.

"When he saw the quirk you manifested, at the age of four, he went nuts. I don't believe you remember, you were little. He tried to contact me when he understood what was happening. You see, I thought it was a trick, using you to lure me in and throw me in jail, so I didn't fall for it. I should have believed it, but I didn't. I asked someone bad for protection, in case they came after me. Everyone knew him as "The Boss". Do you know anything about Yakuza?" Her irises glow pink when she looks at me. I shake my head and let her continue.

"They used to be criminal organizations, but now there aren't many of them. Anyway, the Boss took me in, taught me everything I know. I would sometimes babysit another person he had taken in, Kai. Such fun times" She laughs a little and clears her throat.

"Anyways, as I was saying, I didn't fall for your father's trick. But it wasn't a trick. Everything that has happened to you is my fault" She sighs and looks away.

"Your quirk is Memorization. You-"

"Memory Fudge" I cut her off. "I call it Memory Fudge" She chuckles at my words and ruffles my hair a bit.

"Did it reemerge?" Her eyes have a spark of interest in them, as if I told her that her favourite band is reuniting for one last concert in her hometown.

"Just a couple of months ago. And I don't remember having it before, neither Wind Manipulation. They both manifested over 7 months ago" I fidget with my fingers and look at her.

"Alright. This is hard" She sighs "I'll just say it, okay?" She smiles and I nod, her smile is somehow creepy and reassuring at the same time.

"Your father didn't like Memoriza...Memory Fudge. He asked a friend of his, a scientist, to make something that would suppress your quirk and give you a new one, his quirk"

I knew my father could manipulate the air, even if I never saw him do it when we still lived together.

"His friend did it, but he made a tiny mistake, that I believe cost you both of your quirks?" I nod my head.

"They were triggered when I tried to...do something bad. First came the Air Manipulation and Memory Fudge followed around a week or two later" She nods her head.

"Do you know what Memory Fudge does?"

"No, not really. I know I can steal peoples' memories but once I do it I feel pain. I told my teacher about it and he thinks that the emotional pain multiplies and turns to physical pain. I believe I can also give memories back and edit them. Though, t's just a theory, I haven't ever actually tried it" I look down.

"Would you like me to tell you?" She smiles in sympathy. She knows how they came back, I just know it. It was a post traumatic reaction. But no memory of before has come back to me.

"When you touch someone you can see their memories, it is easier when the other person is off guard"

Katsuki. At the roof, when I was asleep. I could see his memories, because he was calm.

"If your will is stronger than that of the other person, you can change a memory without their consent, but that happens only if you want it to happen"

I was able to change Izuku's memory when I really consentrated and he didn't know what I was doing.

"As for the pain, try taking these" She pulls a packet of pills out of her pocket and sets it on my lap." These will help with the pain and they will also hold the memory for you, so if you want to remember something you can do it by putting the pill which is holding the specific memory in your mouth, but don't swallow it, or the pain will come back. These are enough to last you about 12 memories"

"Thanks" Silence falls over us until I speak up again "Is your quirk like mine?" I ask her, holding the pills in my palm.

"No, you took after your grandma and I took after mine. You see, my side of the family is weird. We had our own organization, unfortunately, my parents were caught in one of the raids and we dissolved. My quirk is Dreaming. I can invade peoples' dreams, if I've touched them once. I held you when you were born, hence I am here. However, it takes a lot of power and it tired all the parties involved, which is why I give you this tea, it helps with the fatigue" I nod, taken aback by her honesty.

"I can also put someone in deep slumber if I touch them"She grabs both of my hands, holding them tightly. "Both of our quirks are amazing, y/n. Your father didn't want to accept it. He hated your quirk so much that he changed it and then left you when things didn't work out the way he wanted them to. But not me, I am not abandoning you again"

I hug her tightly and she hugs me back. My eyes fill with tears. I have a mother, and she is alive. I never knew anything, because of him. It is all my father's fault.

"Darling, I have a proposition for you" Her words bring me back from my thoughts.

"You see, right now, I am involved with the League of Villains"

The ones responsible for the USJ Attack? She is associated with them?

"Would you like to join us?" My eyes widen. She must realize as she tries to calm me.

"You don't have to answer right away. Would you like to meet tomorrow too? You can give me an answer whenever you are ready"

I hug her again and a tear rolls down my face.

"Thank you, mom"