Chapter 27

"JUST FIFTY MINUTES?!" I hear Izuku's voice loudly. It came from somewhere outside of the cafeteria. I thank the lunch lady for the apple and run towards where I heard his voice from.

I open the door to the break room, where teachers usually spend their free periods and see Izuku and Toshinori sitting opposite of each other, on the couches. They both turn to face me slowly. It's amusing really. I enter and close the door behind me, standing on the wall. I take a bite of my apple and put my cocky-game face on.

"You know, you should talk a little quieter. People can hear you all the way to the cafeteria". the color drains from both of their faces. "Just kidding" I remark, trying to clam them. I jump on the couch next to Izuku. "So, what is this secret meeting about?" Both of them look at me as if I'm crazy.

"I know he's your successor, Toshinori-sama, you can speak freely" I move my hand in between the three of us. Toshinori nods nad continues.

"My time limit's getting shorter by the day" The number 1 hero confesses, hanging his head down, "I can barely maintain muscle form for an hour" He continues. This must be really tough on him. I already knew that his limit was shorter, but not this short. "Izuku," Toshinori says, making his successor to bob his head up.

"You still can't regulate one for all, can you?" Izuku shakes his heads and starts babbling. My brain drifts away, as I get up to throw my trash away and sit back down. Katsuki sure is feisty today. I want him to do well at the festival. He was born to be a hero, no matter how bad his attitude can get, he is amazing.

"I want you to tell the world 'I AM HERE!', yound Midoriya. And I want you, Y/n, to help him with that" Toshinori states. Izuku and I nod and leave after a short while to go get ready for the festival.

"What did he say at the end? I kind of zoned out" I chuckle and Izuku is quick to explain. "Basically, he wants me to be the new symbol of peace and he thinks I need your help to do it. Not that I don't think it, too. Your power is amazing and could really help me, but I don't mean to undermine you, because you are not my sidecick or anything and-"

"Relax, Izuku-chan. I get it. You didn't offend me, so don't worry about it, okay?" Izuku apoligizes and smiles. We part ways once we reach the classroom.

I sit down and Katsuki scoffs. I sigh and turn my head to look at him. "Yes?" He scoffs again. "Really? You left me to go hang with fucking Deku?" I turn my head behind him and Izuku waves. I wave back and look at Katsuki. "You're referring to Izuku?" I ask him confused.

"First name basis too" He mutters under his breath.

"You may not like it, but Izuku is a good friend of mine, okay? Being nice for a change won't kill you, you know" I mumble the last part and roll my eyes. Katsuki doesn't bother me again for the rest of the classes. However, he still waits for me after the final bell rings, to go get changed for the festival.

"WHAT'S GOING ON?!" Uraraka shouts, just before leaving our classroom. I turn my head, only to see a swarm of kids, just outside our class. What's the commotion about?

"What are they here for?" Mineta exclaims, scared. How did he even manage to get in U.A. in the first place?

"They're scoping out the competition, perv. We're the kids who survived a villain attack, it makes sense they'd want a look before the sports festival" Katsuki rolls his eyes, lightly grabbing my hand to take me with him while he makes space for us to move. "No point, though. Step aside, shitheads" I look at him in shock. Partly because he didn't yell at them, mostly because he's holding my hand, even if we kind of had a fight just a couple of hours ago.

A purple haired boy starts talking about how many of the kids in other classes didn't make it into the hero course and that there would be some changes in classes, depending on the festival's results. Katsuki just stares at him blankly, my hand still in his.

"Hey! I'm from class 1-B, next door! I wanted to find out more about you guys, but all I'm seeing is this arrogant bastard!" A guy shouts. I look at Katsuki, waiting for an outburst, a reaction, something. But again, he does nothing.

"Wait, jerk!" Kirishima yells at Katsuki, "Thanks to you we've got a whole mob of haters now!". Katsuki squeezes my hand a bit. It must have stung him, even Kiri thinks the same as the rest of them. Katsuki turns her head towards the rest of the class, his eyes narrowed and a vain is popping out of his neck. Here is the outburst...

"I don't give a crap" His voice sounds calm, cold, as if he actually doesn't care. But his slightly sweaty hand against mine can convince me otherwise.

"WHAT!" The whole class starts complaining, muttering,some even growling. However, Katsuki's facade doesn't fade. "I'm heading for the top" He continues, "Why should I care?" He scoffs, tugging at my hand as he continues walking. I follow behind him, not sure how I'm supposed to react. 

"To the top...He's not wrong"

"Don't let him fool you! He just earned us all these enemies!"

Our classmates' voices turn to whispers until they fade completely. I'm not sure what to do now. All of them saw us holding hands. Well, they saw Katsuki grab my hand and me letting him do it, but still. Now what?

"Hey, Katsuki?" He groans softly as a response, as he takes us to our classes prep room. "Why did you do that?"

"Do what?" He seems kind of angry. But that doesn't scare me. "That. What was that outburst?"

"One of those guys was checking you out" He mutters under his breath, with gritted teeth. So that's why he yelled at them. And why he held my hand. I smile softly, a blush visible on my cheeks. I look away making sure he doesn't see my reaction.

He tries taking his hand away from mine, but he doesn't finish his action, as my hand hold his tighter, caressing the top of it with my thumb. We stay silent and just for a moment, I have the chance to appreciate him. In the short amount of time we've known each other, he's saved me multiple times, without even letting me ask for his help.

And so, I look up into his eyes, letting my free hand rest on the side of his face as I plant a kiss on his lips, not missing the rosy color on his cheeks, right before closing my eyes.

-----

I FORGOT TO PRESS PUBLISH GWSRHEWR HERE'S A BISCUIT DO I HAVE YOUR FORGIVENESS?🍪