Discovered

Rita skeeter wanted to get a good scoop on a teacher for the newspaper. The student loves hadn't turned out to be what the readers wanted, so she was set on discovering else. She decided that discovering something scandalous about the teachers would be the most newsworthy thing. So she stalked out each of the teacher's classrooms to find a scoop. It was the final classroom she was going to stake out she found it. You and Severus had been going out for three months and none knew. You were the new young quidditch teacher and had a meeting in his office to talk and spend time with each other. Rita looked through the keyhole of the potion closet she was in, her eyes glued to the hole.

She watched as Severus got up from his seat and kissed you gently. He hugged you close. "I love you" he said and smiled. "I hope you had an okay day."

"I did Severus" you said. "Did you"

Severus shrugged. "They are all excited for the second trial" he said.

"Who isn't?" you said.

"I'm sure we could stay" Severus whispered.

"Would they miss us?" you ask.

Severus shrugged and sat down again. "We will see" he said.

You sat down opposite side of his desk and your hands held Severus from across the table.

"When should we tell people?" you ask.

"We should keep it private" Severus said. "We don't want students making a big deal out of it"

"Yeah your right" you said

You kissed over the table.

Rita wanted to take a picture however she didn't have her camera. Next time. She thought.

"We had better go to the feast" you said.

Severus nodded and together you walked out.

Rita sneaked out of her hiding place and sneaked back up to her caravan where she started to write her article and got to a point that she needed images. 

The next morning she walked over to you she smiled. You were teaching a lesson and looked at her confused. Setting the students off you go to her.

"Yes?" you asked.

"What is your relationship with Severus Snape?" she asked.

"Um what?" you asked confused.

"Severus, dark hair, gorgeous face" she smirked. "The one you snog in his classroom"

You went red.

"So is that a yes to an interview?"

"No" you hissed. "get out of here. I'm teaching"

"Are you sure you don't want to give a statement?" Rita asked again, taking her quill and paper.

"I said no" you hissed and walked away

"Suits you" Rita said and walked back to where she was staying.

At the end of the day, you went down to the dungeons and met with Severus. He sat at his desk marking and smiled when he saw you.

"That interfering bitch" you said and drew up a chair and smacking your head on the table.

"Yes darling?"

"that woman, Rita skeeter. She knows about us and I'm not sure why"

Severus frowned. "It will be okay" he said. "I highly doubt people would believe her". He came up and hugged you. "hm?"

You nodded and he lifted your chin and kissed you, his hand went to your hair and he gently stroked it while kissing you.

You heard a flash and you turned around. It was Rita. She had been hiding in the cupboard.

"Thank you very much" she said. "What an age gap, 36 and 22"

Severus glared at Rita. His hand was still on your chin.

"This may make the front page" she said. "Fingers crossed." She left the room and you rested your head onto Severus' chest. You groaned.

"It will be fine" he said raising your chin. He was very angry, "I will talk to Dumbledore. How dare she invade our privacy"

Dumbledore could do nothing so the next day a picture of you and Severus was on the front page.

You stated at it. Severus smirked slightly. "You look very beautiful in this" he said.

"Yeah" you murmured. "She zoomed didn't she"

"Very much so".

With a wish of his wand, Severus cut the picture out and pocketed it.

You smirked at him.

The front page stated "Romance at Hogwarts, not just with the students" You kept reading as it said. "(y/n) is the new young and attractive Quidich teacher who has fallen head over heels for the 10 years her senior Severus Snape. When asked for a statement she refused but she sure looks happy in this photo. Taken the day of the second trial of the Triwizard Tournament they suggested to stay behind, but doing what may you think? Well for this writer it is obvious."

You put it down and flung it at the table sighing. 

It went around the school and people laughed and teased you. However there wasn't much of an outcry, parents either complained slightly or rolled their eyes, seeing it as another of Rita's silly games.