Period Troubles

You woke to yourself hot and flustered. You sighed, feeling wetness, not this, not now. You woke and sat up, lifting the covers slightly. Yes, it was that time of the month, the cramps had woken you so now you were in a bloody bed next to Severus. You felt embarrassed and shocked, not wishing for Severus to be bothered by period troubles.

"Severus?" you called. "Severus?"

He woke with a start and looked at you with his dark eyes. "What?" he asked.

"You need to get out of the bed" you mumbled.

"Why?" Severus asked, going for his wand.

"No, it's not like that" you mumbled. Severus looked at you confused. "I-I might have leaked on the bed"

"The dungeon is watertight" Severus said, confused. "There are no leaks"

"Um" you went red.

"I do not understand my love" Severus said, confused.

"Look, just get up from the bed" you moaned, pushing him slightly away from the large pool of blood.

"Darling, I do not understand" Severus said, sighing. "But fine" He got up and immediately you busied yourself getting the sheet off without Severus seeing the stain.

"(y/n) stop" Severus said.

"It's fine" you said, your heartbeat as you tried to hide it from Severus, too embarrassed for words.

"I said stop" Severus said. He pulled you back from behind, clasping his hands around your stomach. "Darling. I can do it" he said. "It is not a big deal"

"But it is" you moaned in worry.

"No it is not" Severus said. "Remember I had a mother who taught me how to look after you." Severus kissed your temple. You sighed and Severus let you down. You remembered how Severus told you his mother taught him how to look after his girlfriend to make him better than his father. He seemed unfazed as he dealt with the bedsheets, uttering a simple spell and the stain disappearing. "You see darling, all done. No need to get perturbed"

You nodded and got out of your pjs and walked toward the bathroom, taking out your choice of menstrual product and getting clean. Severus meanwhile had left the room, going toward the kitchen.

You left the bathroom sighing, you hated your periods so much and wished it already to be over. You noticed Severus was missing so you wondered out of the bedroom to see him in front of the counter. He gave you a smile and went back to busy himself with making hot chocolate.

"You didn't need to make hot chocolate" you mumbled, hugging him from behind.

"I wished for hot chocolate and I thought you would want some too" Severus explained.

"I thought you didn't like it?" you asked.

Severus shrugged and put some chilli powder into the mixture. "Do you need any painkillers?" he asked.

You nodded and Severus went over to a cupboard and took out a little vial and poured a small amount into your cup of hot chocolate. Severus also took out some snacks and handed you the bag of snacks. You smiled up at him as you settled back onto the now clean bed, Severus held you into him and stroked your hair while he sipped slowly his own hot chocolate which he had put whiskey in. You meanwhile sat peacefully eating the snacks and drinking the spiced hot chocolate. Severus watched you gently fall asleep on him and slowly he took the crisps and hot chocolate onto the side and fell asleep with you in his arms. He felt bad for you, he didn't understand how much you were in pain but felt very empathetic, not wanting to see you struggling or in pain. Severus stroked your hair gently, staying awake to make sure you didn't wake again before morning needing help. Slowly he put the blankets over you both, making sure you were warm and tucked in. He smiled weakly, his own tiredness washing over him and soon he fell asleep.

Over your period Severus made sure you were comfortable and happy, he looked after you and was always there when you woke and needed his tight and warm hugs. Severus hated to see you suffering and wished he could help further, even wanting it so he could take the pain for you. He made sure you ate and drank the right things and doted on you like his mother taught him to do, her words always going through his mind that he should look after his love, especially when she is on her period, for you are the only one she can properly talk to about it. Severus kept that to heart and wanted to be what his father wasn't for him to you.

When you finished your period Severus was glad that you were in less pain and that you were bleeding. Severus made sure that he wrote down when it started and ended so he would know when he should look out for your period and should give you extra things.

You found Severus's actions the best things he had done, he was so gentle and loving to you like he was on it himself and understood the pain. You found it adorable that he made sure to make you cups of hot chocolate and to always be a giver of hugs, even if students were around. You didn't know dread periods with your whole being, knowing that Severus would be there to look after you.