Protecting you against another co-worker

Warning: creepy Lockheart trying to kiss you without consent (and pinning you to a wall)

Severus returned to early late, unlike most days had no detentions to do. He expected to see you there but your chair was empty, he raised his eyebrows, as he expected to see you but understood he was early. Severus sat around, eating slowly so that you would join him at the table however you did not show up. At this point, Minerva had sat and so Severus shuffled seats to sit next to her.

"Do you know where (y/n) is tonight?" he asked.

"I am not sure Severus" she answered, taking a bite of food.

Severus looked worried, you were never late for dinner, even if you had detentions to do.

"I think I saw her going into Gilderoy's office" Flitwick piped up. Severus immediately stood, jealousy flashing in his eyes. "I am sure it was only to-'' Flitwick started. Severus had already walked to the door, closing it behind him and striding toward Lockheart's office, he saw the way he looked at you, a look of lust and passion which Severus could not bear. Lockheart also shot jealous looks at him when Severus kissed you and hugged you. Severus' eyes narrowed as he passed students, not caring about the dress code violation or the fact they were making sparks, he had a bone to pick with a certain blonde-haired wizard.

Severus got to the classroom and opened the door, striding into the empty classroom. He went up the stairs to the office and knocked three sharp knocks. He gained no reply from this as he opened the door to find none there. Severus' eyes narrowed even further as he strode out, slamming the door behind him, this was worse, this meant you may be at his quarters. Severus worried that you may be cheating on him or he was taking advantage of you. Severus walked quicker, almost at a jog down the corridor and up the stairs to Lockheart's private quarters, his breath increasing as he reached the door. He put his ear to the door and heard faint talking which made him even angrier and paranoid.

Severus had no idea what to do. One part of him wanted to storm into the room, muttering curses at Lockhart but at the same time he trusted you to be sensible, but what if he was trying to hurt you? Severus could tell his motives were to get into your pants.

Severus breathed and opened the door to see you pinned to the wall, Lockheart kissing your neck, you were trying to push him off. Severus stared at the scene in front of him, immediately he strode toward Lockheart and pulled Lockheart off you and punched him in the face. Lockheart fell to the floor, dazed and confused. Severus' looked at you as you started to cry. Severus immediately stopped being angry, quickly he went up to you and pulled you into his arms. "I got you" he whispered. Severus held you while staring down at Lockheart who stared up at Severus.

"Well, she was asking for it" Lockheart said from the floor, Severus growled, letting you go and picked him up by the scruff of the neck.

"I assure you" Severus hissed. "That if this was not a school then I would personally remove your lying tongue" Lockheart stared at Severus, his eyes wide. "But for now be rest assured if you ever go near to my (y/n) again you will have to answer to me, and I do not give second chances" he let go of him and whipped his hand on his cloak, disgusted he had to touch Lockheart.

"Come on (y/n), let us leave this cretin in his strange smelling room" he hissed, pulling you toward the door. You nodded, grabbing his hand and leaning into Severus. Together you got back to your shared quarters and Severus sat you down, wanting answers.

"What happened?" he asked.

"He invited me to talk about the defence against the dark arts syllabus in his quarters" you murmured (as you are the secondary DADA teacher). "I said okay and we sat down, he poured wine and I tried to talk about the syllabus, believe me, Severus but Lockheart kept interpreting me with random and personal questions. I then said that I would leave if he wasn't taking this seriously, got up and he pushed me against a wall. I-I am so glad you came when you did, I was very scared" Tears started to form again and Severus held you gently, not saying anything but just holding you. "Are you angry at me?" you finally asked, you were worried Severus would forever hate you for this and even break up. You were being truthful with your story but you knew what Severus was like.

"Not at all" Severus murmured. "I am angry at that scoundrel Lockheart" You sighed into him, clutching at his robes.

"Can we report it?" you asked.

"Of course" Severus said, taking your hand and kissing your head. "Dumbledore?"

"Yeah" you answered, squeezing his hand.

Together you went to see Dumbledore and you reported the issue. Dumbledore was very worried and Severus held your hand and stroked it gently through it all, you felt tears prick in your eyes again but you were determined to report him. Dumbledore agreed to an action against him and thanked you for reporting it. You nodded and Severus pulled you into a warm hug, stroking your back gently. Dumbledore watched you and him, he was pleased that finally, Severus found someone he could look after and put all of the passion he had tried to crush. Severus let go and found your hand again, he squeezed it gently. "Do you wish to go?" he asked.

"Yeah" you answered.

Severus led you out and together you walked back to the dungeons with him, your hands laced in yours. There were no students around anymore, it was late and you passed silently through the halls with him until you reached the dungeons and you flumped into bed.

"You should eat darling" he whispered, putting his hand on your back.

"I wish to lay on this bed until the morning" you answered.

"Come on dear" he said. "You haven't had any food since 1:23 pm" You moaned and Severus sat down, lacing his hands under your stomach and pulling you up onto his lap. "Eat for me please daring"

You sighed, pulling away from Severus. He watched you with his dark eyes as you walked toward the kitchen and took a breakfast biscuit and ate it slowly. "Better?" you asked.

Severus rolled his eyes and got under the covers. You joined him, still eating the biscuit. "Keep those crumbs out of the bed" Severus exclaimed.

"Yes dear" you answered, finishing it and getting into bed.

"What do you wish for?" he asked. "I can give you space or I can hug you"

"Hug me please" you answered. Severus hugged you close to him, gently kissing your neck. You shivered and Severus let go. "It's fine" you murmured. Severus nodded and hugged you close to him, kissing your back instead. "Tomorrow is a new day and you can try to put today behind you" he said, stroking your back.

You nodded and sighed, feeling Severus's warm arms enveloping you. He cared so much for your wellbeing and you found it wonderful that he didn't blame you or push you away but instead listened to what you had to say and accepted your word. You loved Severus for that.