Quiddich

(set when you both are at Hogwarts as students in 4th year)

You watched in the crowd of your house as your boyfriend Severus sat on his broom. You had never seen him as the type to be a quidditch player, however, Lucious pushed him to enter as a seeker which he got. You were so proud of him and loved seeing him looking a little confident as he sat astride his broom. Severus looked into the crowd slightly and you waved, hoping he would see you before the match started.

Madam Hooch read the rules and let the game begin. Immediately Severus zoomed upwards, affording himself a good view of the pitch to try and catch a glimpse of the golden ball. This didn't happen however as instead of the snitch coming toward him it was James Potter. Severus sneered, withdrawing slightly and going away from him, his eyes both looking for the snitch and trying to track where James was.

As Severus reached the corner of the pitch but was cut off by James who had appeared out of nowhere.

"Best to sit this one out Snivelly" James called. "you don't want to be completely humiliated by my superior skills and seeing as this is your first match, you wouldn't be able to do much. " he smirked.

Severus rolled his eyes and moved backwards, going back the way he came, James still following him, making Severus uneasy.

As the game went on you grew more worried, James kept on Severus' tale, taunting him which made Severus sometimes snap back an insult toward James.

"Sevvv" James called. "you are going to fall off your broom and embarrass yourself and also your pretty partner."

"Shut your trap Potter" Severus snapped, looking back at James and seeing the snitch behind him, a little away but still in reach. Quickly Severus exhilarated, making the crowd and James gasp as Severus went past James, the force knocking him to one side so he held on only by his legs wrapped around the broom.

"I'll get you Snape" James called, quickly clamouring back on and accelerating after Severus. The chase was fast, however, James' broom was quicker. Higher they went after the snitch until they were both in touching distance. This was when Severus felt a shove and he fell from his broom. Severus tried to grab for it, his fingers grazing the broom as he fell towards the ground. The last thing he saw was James' smirk before he felt the ground hit him.

"Severus" you screamed, watching the whole ordeal as James shoved Severus, making him fall at least 100 meters and there was still a sickening crunch of both Severus and the broom hitting the ground.

Quick as a flash you ran down the many stairs to the pitch and ran to Severus who lay out cold. "Severus" you murmured, in shock of what you had seen as the rest of the stadium cheered for the Gryffindor win.

Severus was quickly taken to the hospital wing but he was still knocked out when Madam Pomfrey looked over his wounds to discover he had a broken arm and he had bashed his head which made you worried for Severus and mad at James for causing Severus to fall.

You decided to stay with Severus until he woke up which took a while as Severus was completely out cold, although Madam Pomprey had sorted his head wound. While you sat next to Severus you spied Lily enter and you rolled your eyes as she walked up and sat down, looking at Severus then at you.

"James said he is sorry" Lily said.

You raised your eyebrows, annoyed. "Does he?" you ask

"He does" she said, "He said he only meant to scare Severus and that he just wanted to win"

"Couldn't he be brave enough to do it himself, instead of sending you?" you asked, crossing your arms.

"He is busy"

"Celebrating a cheated win know doubt" you muttered.

Lily looked at Severus and then back at you, "Don't shoot the messenger (y/n)" she huffed.

"Whatever" you said.

"James did say that this was part of a rivalry not bullying" Lily added, making you mad.

"Hell no" you said, "James started it from the very beginning. If you can't see this is straight-up bullying then you aren't looking hard enough"

Lily got up, shooting a glare at you. "James sees it as just a bit of fun" she said.

"It is not" you said.

Lily took another look at Severus and left, leaving you fuming. How dare she say it was a rivalry, Severus had done nothing to deserve the harassment. James was a rich pureblood who was so far up his own ass, meanwhile, Severus was a poor half-blood who deserved more.

You heard a couch and you whisked your head around to see Severus slowly opening his eyes and sitting up.

"Severus" you said in relief, hugging him tightly.

"(y/n)?" he asked, "Where am I?"

"The hospital wing" you explained.

"Potter" he muttered, yelping in pain as he tried to get out of the bed.

"You have a broken arm" you said.

Severus sneered, gritting his teeth slightly.

"You are finally awake I see" Madam Pomfrey said, pulling out her wand and healing the broken arm. "Now you be careful"

Severus nodded as you said thank you and you both left the hospital wing, walking toward the great hall and trying not to listen to people as they stared and laughed slightly at how Severus fell. You ran into a group of Slytherins who patted Severus on the back, all hating what James had done which made Severus feel better, knowing at least you and his house had his back.

You carried on to the great hall and you sat with him as he just stared blankly. "We could bring it up with Madam Hooch or Mcgonagall" you said, "To try and make it known of the cheating."

"None would care" Severus muttered. "There is no point, Potter has successfully embarrassed me in front of the school again" he turned away, seeing the Marauders and scowling, hating them even more. Lily was also sitting with them which made you annoyed, remembering what happened when Severus was still knocked out.

"We need to get at least some justice" you said, looking back at Severus. He however only shrugged and stood as the Marauders looked at him. "I'm not hungry" he said, quickly withdrawing as you went after him as you both escaped from the Marauders.

I really dislike the Marauders, they are interesting yes, however, I still don't like them. I also hate how people call their bullying to Snape a rivalry.... I also am not the biggest fan of Lily either, idk. Do you agree or disagree with me?