Tell Me

Thank you @hogwarts_mu for another request!

You had sprained your ankle and now you were trying to walk it off. It was silly how you got it, tripping over the sofa and laying in a pile on the floor. You had decided that it was not important enough to go to Severus or the medical wing, letting it heal on its own, however, it did not get better, time had passed and you had finished teaching, however, your ankle was still warm and swollen and it hurt to put weight on it.

You sighed, trying to ignore it and instead, walking as best you could to your quarters which were unfortunately down many stairs. You took it slow, feigning that you were looking for misbehaving students.

You managed to get back to your quarters and collapsed onto the sofa, your ankle aches badly and it was still red and swollen. Frowning you pulled your trousers down, you were sure that it would get better.

You looked around when you heard the door open and watched as Severus walked into the room. "Good evening," he said, stroking your head as he went past toward the kitchen

"Evening Severus," you said, watching as he made some hot water for some drinks.

"I was thinking of having a walk through the forest" Severus said. You slightly frowned, your ankle still hurting, however you felt bad, you knew if Severus wanted a walk it was because he had a bad day.

"Of course, sounds wonderful" you said, trying your best to pull yourself together.

Severus looked around at you, hearing something in your voice that was slightly wavering, however, he could not read your mind, and not being good at reading faces he took you at your word.

Together you went out into the cool night and you tried to keep up with Severus and his fast pace which you could usually do, until today, half limping after him but acting like everything was okay. Severus looked back at you, frowning as you hobbled after him, trying to keep a smile on your face.

"Why did you stop?" you asked, stopping next to him. Severus looked you over, frowning. "I am fine" you said.

"I will take your word for it" Severus said, unbelieving and together you started to walk again, however, you had caught your ankle in a root and you fell. You laid on the ground and started to sob, not only was the ankle you got caught was the bad one, but you were letting out everything you had bundled in.

Immediately Severus was at your side, pulling up your cloak to see your swollen ankle.

"It is fine Severus" you said, trying to calm your tears of frustration and pain.

"You should have told me (y/n)" he muttered, taking a potion out of his pocket and cooling your ankle. He rubbed your ankle gently and picked you up, walking toward the castle again.

"I can walk" you mumbled, still trying to hold onto the pretence that you were okay.

"You are in no state to do so" Severus said, keeping you in his arms. You rested your head against Severus' chest, your tears were stopping and you sniffed gently. You felt pathetic as Severus carried you to your quarters and laid you down on the bed.

Severus went away but came back with a few things. "There is n ot cure for sprained ankles in magic" Severus muttered as he worked. "You must rest your foot, do you understand?"

"Yes" you said, watching as Severus put more cooling ointment onto your ankle and propped it up.

"Which means no work until you can walk properly" Severus said. You started to protest but Severus shushed you. "You can do marking but no more" Severus ordered.

You nodded, defeated slightly as Severus kissed your head and moved the things off the bed and to the side. Severus got into bed and pulled you to him, kissing your cheek gently. "Rest darling" he murmured, "and you will be better soon"