Pregnancy - Part 2

Warning: description of pregnancy (if I get this wrong I am sorry)

You were scrolling through your phone when suddenly you felt a contraction. You started to panic, you looked over at Severus who sat drinking coffee and then looked down, panicking slightly.

"Sev?" you ask shakily.

"Yes?" he asked, looking up from his paper and immediately understood. Placing his coffee and paper down he came over to you, picking up a book which he had been reading religiously about how to guide a person through a pregnancy. "Relax" he said, his eyes flitting over the pages again. You nodded, worry in your eyes as Severus placed down his book and went to the door. "I will be back with Madam Pomfrey" he said, his voice slightly shaking in worry.

You nodded and felt contractions again, you were not in active labor yet, but you could feel that it was close. You picked up your water, drinking it, worried that it would start while Severus was gone.

The contractions got worse and you whined in pain, closing your eyes. The door opened and you heard the voices of a worried Severus and a calm Madam Pomfrey.

"Will she be okay?" Severus asked, going to your side and holding onto your shoulder.

"Yes Severus" Poppy said, "Right (y/n)" she said, "How bad are the contractions?"

"Bad" you murmured, wincing in pain which made Severus grip your shoulder tighter.

"Severus, do you have any towels?" Poppy asked.

Severus nodded, not wanting to let go of you but forced himself away to get towels and some other things.

"(y/n) you are doing great" Poppy said. "Tell me if your body starts wanting to push"

"Yeah" you murmured, squeezing the bedclothes and breathing quickly.

"(y/n)?" Poppy asked. "Slow your breathing. In and out, in and out"

You slowed your breathing as best as you could.

"Now you should get up, walk around" Poppy ordered. "If it feels good of course"

You nodded, your head spinning slightly as you forced yourself out of bed and up, leaning into Severus who had brought back the towels. Poppy walked with you as you went around the room a little. When contractions came you leaned into Severus.

After a short while of walking, you sat back down, Severus hand laced in yours. The pain was slowly getting worse and you squeezed Severus' hand hard, trying not to think about the pain.

"Would you like painkillers?" Poppy asked.

You nodded slightly, feeling an even worse contraction. Your stomach churned and you felt like throwing up.

Poppy nodded, taking out of her bag some powder and put it into the water, handing it to you. "It works like an epidural" she explained as you drank it and sighed, leaning into Severus and feeling another contraction, making you whine.

"Severus" Poppy snapped quietly. Severus looked at Poppy, confused. "Encourage her" she mouthed.

"Oh" Severus said. "Um, you are doing great love" he murmured, stroking your back.

You chuckled and shook your head.

"I am serious" Severus said.

"I know" you murmured, wincing again and starting to breathe heavier. "I think I want to push" you murmured.

"Okay (y/n)" Poppy said, "lay down" you nodded, biting your lip and but feeling slightly better, the epidural kicking in. Poppy placed down towels and checked your cervix, it was mostly dilated and she got ready to encourage you to push. Severus meanwhile was sitting beside you, his fingers laced in yours, letting you squeeze his hand when it got bad.

"You are doing great" Severus whispered, seeing Poppy mouth to say something again. Severus had no idea what to say, he had never gone through this before and was lost for words, not wanting to do something wrong when you were in so much pain. "I love you so much"

"I love you too Sev" you murmured, wincing again.

"Severus" Poppy said, handing him a cool compress, put it on her head. Severus nodded, placing the cool compress onto your head and stroking your hair slightly.

"(y/n) just imagine the contractions are helping the baby come out" Poppy called as you felt nausea again.

You nodded, "I can't wait to hold her" Severus whispered, kissing your ear. "You are doing so well love, I am proud of you"

Poppy smiled at Severus' words and replaced the towels.

"Just think (y/n)" Severus said, "We will have our own little baby girl to teach and guide"

You nodded, trying to think about the future, you, Severus and your child.

"I feel like I should push" you said, wincing, squeezing Severus' hand and closing your eyes slightly.

"Right Severus" Poppy ordered, "Hold one of her legs like so" Severus raised his eyebrows confused but did what Poppy said, unsure as he looked back at you, his worry overcoming him.

"(y/n) push" she called, "one, two, three, four. Breathe (y/n), you are doing great"

You tried to breathe and push, closing your eyes and gripping the bedclothes slightly. Severus looked from you to Poppy and back, worried that you were in too much pain.

"How is she doing Poppy?" Severus asked, worried.

"the crown of the head is close to appear" Poppy said, but turned back her focus on you.

"Right (y/n) push, one, two, three, four. Breathe, five, six, seven. Oh perfect" she said, "you are doing beautifully, right there in her head" Poppy said. "Slow your breathing (y/n)" she called.

You breathed slower, looking up at the roof. Severus stroked your leg, not wanting to let go of you until it was over. "Slowly push now (y/n)" she called. You did as Poppy said, trying your best to fight the strong contraction urges. "You are doing great (y/n)" she said.

After a while of pushing slowly, the baby crowned, and Poppy made sure that the cord was not wrapped around her neck. Severus looked down and he both felt worried and happy, looking back up at you he felt the same, just wanting to make sure you both were okay as Poppy coached you through the next part of the pregnancy.

"(y/n) you are almost there" Poppy called, "you are doing great, just keep breathing."

You looked up at the ceiling again, pushing and letting the baby out fully, immediately Poppy took it and wrapped her in blankets, cleaning off the liquid which was on her and handing it up to you. The little child started to cry and you held her, not believing that you had done that.

Severus sidled to your side and looked down at his and your child. "She is so beautiful" he whispered, kissing your cheek and then sitting down to stroke the child's head. "Well done love"

You grinned, and sighed, happy it was over as Poppy cut the cord and smiled at you both, the happy couple with their baby girl. Severus had tears in his eyes but tried to push them away, he was so proud of you. The baby stopped crying and you cooed at it, as you passed it slowly to Severus who held it in his arms, staring down at the child. His heartbeat, holding something as small and beautiful made him shudder. He could not fully believe it but yet here he was, a child. Severus had always thought we would never have someone to call his lover, thinking he would be alone forever, yet here he was, with his lover beside him and his child in his hands.

Severus held it for a few minutes before Poppy took her to be medically checked. While this happened Severus stroked your hair and kissed your cheek, overjoyed that this had happened.

Poppy gave back the baby and left, leaving you three in the chambers to relax. Severus cleaned the bed with a spell and moved you to the couch so you could eat something and drink. Severus meanwhile placed the baby down in the little cot he had made and sighed, sitting next to her. "You have made me the happiest man in the world little Eileen" he murmured, pushing the mobile slightly and letting the stars move above her.

You walked back in, seeing Severus leaning over the cot and looking down at Eileen with love. You smiled, you had worries that Severus might be unsure about a child and turn away, yet here he was, his heart melted as he cooed at the child. Life would be good.