Ill

I am ill 😔 the covid vaccine got me cold, aching and very unwell. I'm going to write a snape x reader to take my mind off it. I know the covid vaccine can give flu symptoms but you should still take it when offered as it will pass

You woke shivering and cold, your fingers immediately clutched the duvet and you pulled it around you, leaving Severus without a cover. He woke and moaned in annoyance with the loss of the warmth shivering in the cold of the dungeon. "Give me back my side of the blanket" he demanded sleepily. You gave a groan in response and Severus rolled his eyes. "Groan to you too Ms" he said, pulling at the blanket.

"Get your own blanket" you huffed. "I am freezing"

Severus rolled his eyes, getting up from the bed. Your teeth were chattering and you held the blanket close.

"What's wrong?" Severus asked.

"I'm cold" you moaned.

"Yes and I am too" Severus retorted.

"I am also aching everywhere and I feel sick" you moaned. "My eyes hurt"

Severus put down the blanket and put his hand to your brow. He tutted. "You are very warm darling" he cooed. you made a noise and Severus stroked your hair. "We need to find out what this mystery bug is hm?" you nodded as Severus got up and walked away. He came back with a long cotton bud. "open your mouth love" he cooed and tentatively you opened it. Severus put it in your mouth and swiped the back of your throat. He placed the cotton bud in a glass container with a liquid inside, letting it rest for a moment the liquid slowly turned a shade of light blue. Severus hummed and got up, picking up a book and squinting at it. "My darling has come down with a case of magicae-corruptionem" he hummed.

"What is that?" you asked, looking over at Severus.

"You made a spell wrong" Severus said simply. "So the magic bounced back on you, unfortunately, giving you flu symptoms. Unfortunately, it is a waiting game as there is no cure."

"Oh dear" you murmured.

"It will pass and it is non-contagious" he said, kissing your hot forehead "I cannot catch it which means I can look after you. Would you like that?"

You nodded and Severus smiled wide. "I am so glad" Severus said, kissing you again gently and picking up the glass container and put it on the side. "Would you like a drink?" he called.

"Water" you answered.

Severus placed a cool glass of water next to you and you took a small sip. "I will be back soon, I need to inform madam Pomfrey and Dumbledore"

You nodded and laid back, your eyes stung and your body ached. You took a swig of water and shivered, pulling the warm blanket further around you. You got up, you were dizzy and you stumbled but found your feet. Walking toward a cupboard you got out your teddy. You stared down at it and hugged it close, getting back into bed and lying on it, sighing.

You heard a noise and Madam Pomfrey, Dumbledore and Snape came back in. You sighed as Madam Pomfrey took your temperature and took the same reading as Snape did. "You were right, Severus" she said. "magicae-corruptionem"

You sighed and laid back on the bed. "I am sorry Dumbledore" you said quietly.

"It is quite alright (y/n)" he said. "Just rest and get better" he turned to Severus. "I trust you can look after her" Dumbledore said.

"Of course headmaster" Severus said, looking down at you adoringly.

"Then me and Madam Pomfrey will take our leave" Dumbledore said, walking out of the room.