Revenge

Thank you melina_151 for the suggestion 

You had managed to persuade Severus for you to come on a mission with him, to place the sword of Gryffindor so that Harry could find it. The mission went without a hitch and you both walked a good way away so you could disparate safely. The forest was dark and quiet, the only sounds being your and Severus' breathing, the snow which crunched under your feet and the sounds of animals. It may have been peaceful, however, the forest felt wrong, like something was watching you and Severus and that feeling was only growing. Severus seemed to have also noticed, while his left arm stayed in your arm, his right hand dipped into his pocket, taking out his wand just in case.

Suddenly there was a bang of red light which hit you and you fell on the snowy ground. Immediately Severus put his wand up, casting a spell toward the way it came and protectively standing beside your half-conscious body, his eyes narrowed and cast a spell, lighting the whole area in a bright glow, around him stood a group of snatchers, Severus grimaced and watched the group as they came forward, their own wands raised.

Severus stupefied one, knocking him down, he blocked a spell that came to his right and with one mutter he cast a fire, it was in the shape of a Chimaera and soon overtook the entire group of snatchers, however, Severus was not done, casting a spell of protection onto you, he controlled the fiendfire toward a snatchers camp and watched as the entire camp burnt to the ground, Severus melding the fire to his will. When everything was destroyed he snapped his fingers and the fire disappeared, the sound of the raging fire replaced by the silent forest again and of snow dripping from the trees.

Severus returned to you, kneeling down next to you in a knocked out state and after checking your pulse he picked you up, dispiriting from the forest, leaving destruction behind.

Severus appeared outside Spinner's end and walked into the house, being careful to not drop you or hit your head against the door frame as he carried you through the house and upstairs onto your bed. Severus checked your skin for any marks and came to the conclusion that you had been hit with a spell that would have an effect like stupefy. Severus tucked you under the blankets and watched you for a little while, your eyes were closed but you looked cold. Severus frowned, going over to the fire and lighting it, letting it fill the room with orange light and warmth. Severus kissed your head and went downstairs to make some tea for himself and a drink for you when you woke up, he listened out for you as he did it, regretting leaving you alone for a moment, you would be confused and dazed when you woke up.

Severus took some food out of the cupboards and grabbed a book from the side, taking it all up to the room which you laid soundlessly in the bed. Severus frowned at you, unsure how long it would take for you to wake up. Placing one drink beside you he sat in a chair and began to read and sip his own tea, waiting for you to wake up. Severus was slightly worried that Voldermort would hear of a fire in Dean forest and send death eaters investigating, however, Severus did not think the dark lord would be too interested in the lives of basic bounty hunters whose only job was to find muggle-borns.

Severus looked over the edge of the book to see you still laying on the bed, however, you seemed to be sleeping rather than knocked out. Severus placed down the book, took a sip of his now cold tea and checked on you, he was right, you had fallen asleep as soon as you gained consciousness. Severus slipped into the bed and pulled you slightly to himself, he was glad you were safe, he would do anything to look after you, killing a group of snatchers was nothing compared to the lengths he would go. He closed his eyes, pressing his face into your neck and falling asleep.