Music part 2

You went out with Severus to buy a piano, he preferred to go to a muggle shop rather than a wizards one which meant you and him went on a small evening trip to London, having no other evening lessons.

Apparently, Severus had a certain piano in his mind he was hesitant to buy due to worry of it being seen by you, however, he pushed that out of his mind as together you walked into a small music shop. Severus had his eyes on a Dietmann 182 baby grand piano which would fit well both at Spinner's end and also in your quarters. He had seen good reviews on it, so he went in determined to buy it.

You both came out of the shop with the piano, you had agreed for it to be carried out to the deliveries entrance of the shop and then your 'van' pick it up, in reality, you and Severus disaperated with it, it was tricky, it being such a big thing, however, it came back to the room in one piece.

Severus smirked at the piano, snuggled one side of the room. You sat next to him, looking at it.

"Could you teach me?" you suddenly asked.

"Teach you what?" he asked.

"How to play the piano"

"If you wish, but you must promise you will be a good girl" he said. "I do not like tomfoolery in my classroom"

"Of course professor" you said, standing and sitting on the seat. Severus shifted behind you and took your two hands, placing them on the keyboard.

"The white notes are whole notes, and the black ones are sharps and flats" he said. "Depending on the key signature and markings you will play these black notes." He pressed down on your finger, playing a black note. "That was a G# or a A♭" he said.

Severus breathed gently on your beck, his chest pressed against your back. His fingers were laced in yours and he kissed your temple gently.

"So what is each note labelled as?" you asked.

"Good question" he said, he pressed one note. "That is a C, middle C because it is in the middle of the piano" he pressed the next one. "D, E, F, G and then to A, B and C again."

Severus let go of one hand and pulled his wand, a piece of music appeared in front of you.

"Tinkle Twinkle little star" you murmured, you recognised the name.

Severus pointed at the first at the little squiggle on the 5 lines. "Treble clef" he said. "And then that is the time signature" he said, pointing at the little 4/4 next to the treble clef. "There is a little rhyme I used to use to know what note is what" Severus said, "The bar line note goes, Every Gryffindor Bores Daily Festivities and the spaces is FACE"

"Oh?" you asked, looking back at him.

"So what is the first note?" he asked.

You looked at the music, unsure. "It is under the line" you said.

"Silly girl, count down" Severus said. "and it is called a stave, not a line"

"Oh" you mumbled, you let go of Severus' hand and counted down. "Um, this is E?" you asked, pointing at the bottom stave.

"Yes, very good" he praised.

"D" you mumbled, "C"

"It is a C" he said. "Now, do you remember where a C was?" he asked.

You pressed the middle of the piano and Severus nodded in approval.

"So, you can play the first two notes" he said.

You nodded and pressed C twice.

"What about the second notes?" he asked.

You counted up the staves until you got to the note in question. "G" you murmured.

"and G on the piano?" he asked.

You counted up and pressed G, he gave a smile, kissing your ear. "You are doing well" he said, stroking your hand. "Now put them together" he said.

You pressed the C but accidentally hit the F when going up. Severus shook his head and pressed the right note. "You missed it" he pointed out.

"I did" you murmured.

"No matter" he said. "Try again"

You did it again and you got it right, leading to Severus to kiss your ear again.

You and Severus carried on figuring out the notes and playing them until you got to the end of the music. Severus smirked, stroking your hand gently. "Now, put it all together"

You hummed and started to play it slowly, you got a note wrong and Severus tutted, pressing the right one and making you start again. It took you four times to get it right but in the end you did and you felt great. Severus smiled, taking your waist and kissing your neck. "Very good" he said. "Wonderful girl. Tomorrow I can teach you another, more tricky piece of music, however, you have some homework"

"Do I?" you asked, looking back at him. "No fair"

Severus chuckled. "All I want you to do is get to know the notes and the sheet music." he said. "Is that too much to ask for?"

"No" you said.

"Good" he said, "Now up, our lesson is over, daddy needs to practise his piece for your concert"

You grinned, giving him a kiss and getting up. "Uh Uh" he said. "No spoilers, out you go"

"Please?" you pouted.

"No, go and do some marking or go for a walk" he ordered.

You sighed and Severus smirked. "Fine" you murmured, picking up your wand and leaving the room.