Getting over it

Severus looked over at you. You were so perfect in every way. You were talking with Remus at the dinner table and he sighed. He would never have a chance with you. You and he were friends but he didn't want a friend, he wanted someone to fill the hole that Lilly left all those years ago.  He knew he was lost in his emotions, keeping on going back to Lilly's memory as some kind of pain relief. He sighed. You smiled and looked back at your food. Severus observed you and your actions, you were so beautiful. You noticed he was looking and you smiled at him. "Hey Severus" you said.

He nodded at you and you grinned. Your smile was so beautiful and radiant. He watched you flick your hair out of your face as you smiled at him, time seemed to stand still as he looked into your beautiful eyes. He quickly looked away, not wanting to seem creepy. He forked some food and ate a piece. He looked back at you in the corner of his eyes. You were focusing on the food. He admired you out of the corner of his eye, he couldn't take his eyes off you and your seemingly glowing face. Severus built up his courage and turned to you fully. "(y/n)" he muttered.

"Hey" you said turning to him.

"I wondered if you would accompany me for drinks in my quarters" he sputtered out. 

"Oh of course" you said, you tucked some strands of your shimmering hair behind your ear. Severus had never noticed your golden Bajoran earrings which he had never seen before. There was a small ear cuff at the top of your ear which a chain hung. It was attacked to a golden stud at the bottom of your ear. Hanging from the stud was a circle based pyramid which hung from its bottom. "So what drinks are you thinking off?" you ask, snapping Severus out of his staring. "Water? Amortentia?" you giggled at your joke. Severus chuckled slightly. "I was thinking firewhiskey" Severus said. "But if you wish to drink Amortentia I can provide it." You grinned. "I think fire whiskey would suffice" you said. You brought some food to your lips. "and after eights?"

"What are they?" Severus asked.

"Oh they are the best muggle chocolate-mint thing ever!" you exclaimed. "I will get some from my room and met you down there" you said. "Let me finish my plate though". 

"Of course" Severus drawled. He slightly smiled at your excitement. Excited to be with him? He smiled wider. Someone was excited to spend time with him for the first time since Lilly. He took of a drink of his pumpkin juice and made a list of what he needed to do before you arrive. 

You meanwhile had finished your plate and got up. "I will meet you at the dungeons" you said and patted his shoulder. Severus watched you leave and got up, leaving himself. He got to his quarters and quickly tied his rooms. There where clothes on the floor which had hadn't been bothered to put away and random bottles of calming and happiness potions on the floor and the counters which stacked into his store cupboard with his wand. With his wand he also cleaned the floor and took the cobwebs off his walls he hadn't dealt with. All his rooms now cleaned he went over to the cupboard and took out firewhiskey. He placed the glasses and whiskey on the table and sat on the sofa. He heard a soft knock and he slowly walked over the door and opened i to you standing with your hands behind your back, a grin on your face. Your happiness was annoying yet intrigued him, wanting to see it everyday. "Come in" he said, opening it for you to come in.  You sat down and put the after eight mints on the table. Severus sat opposite next to you and poured two drinks. You took some and sipped. You had never had fire whiskey before and you coughed at its strength. "Are you okay?" Severus asked immediately, worry filling his eyes. "Oh yeah" you smile. "I have never had this before and I was surprised at his strength. Thanks for your worry" Severus frowned "Your welcome" me muttered. 

You sat and drank for a little time until you picked the chocolates up. "So tell me what are these?" Severus asked. 

"It's mint which is wrapped in dark chocolate" you said simply. Severus raised his eyebrows as you opened the packet and handed him a square thin chocolate slice. Severus sniffed it and nibbled the edge. "Don't worry Sev" you said "It's not poison" Severus took a larger bite this time. He nodded and ate the rest of the square.