Don't go

You had decided to leave Hogwarts and Severus. Everything had got too much, Severus becoming distant and angry with you. He had snapped at you a lot about random things you had not done, had not been coming back until late because of meetings and had not been talking at all. You thought it was best to leave, it was obvious that he needed space from you and needed time to be alone with himself without you getting in the way and annoying him.

Slinging your bag around your shoulder, you crept out of the bedroom and opened the door, looking up and down the empty hallway before stepping out of the room. Before you could start moving you felt an arm around your waist.

"Where are you going dearest?" Severus asked, his voice full of hidden warning. You could not reply as he pulled you back into the room and locked it behind you. "You aren't leaving"

"But I must" you murmured. "I am just getting in your way"

Severus' forehead furrowed and he looked at you, confused.

"You are short with me and shout at me for no reason" you mumbled, looking down at the stone floor. "I thought, if you are stressed then maybe I should get out of your way so you don't have someone in your way"

Severus' face dropped. "Don't" Severus said. You looked at Severus, confused. "I have failed you. I regret everything"

"You haven't" you murmured. "I understand what you are going through"

"It is no excuse" he muttered. Severus was angry at himself, without knowing it, he was pushing you away as he did to Lily. Slowly he brought his hand up and raised your chin. You could see the sadness in his eyes when you looked into them.

"If you wish for me to stay I will" you said, your hand moving to his which held your chin. Severus' eyes slightly changed and you nodded, dropping your bag on the floor.

Severus slightly smiled, he wondered why you forgave him so easily. Was it that you were in love with him completely? Severus felt awful for using your love and not giving anything back, he had no idea what true love felt and had never known how to give back or check his emotions before talking to you.

"I am sorry for trying to leave without explanation" you mumbled, cutting the silence which had been created.

Severus frowned. "It is understandable why you would wish to leave" he said. "I should be the one who should apologise for treating you harshly" he sighed, withdrawing his hand and walking into the room further. "How can I" he cut short, his heart slightly beating in worry.

"What?" you asked

"How can I make everything up to you" Severus said, pulling himself slightly together.

You thought for a second. "Understanding that I love you and you don't need to make any walls between us" Severus nodded slowly, he would try his best to stop the habit that he had created for the survival of himself. He knew that you would never hurt or betray him.

"I will" Severus said, his forehead relaxing.

You smiled, going over and pulling Severus into a tight hug. You were so glad that you both understood each other properly and that you did not need to leave.