100 years - Stay

"I want to stay here" you mumbled. "I love New Zealand and I am sure you will too"

"Of course love" Severus said. "I will send a note to McGonigal, he kissed you genty. "This is the start of our new chapter together."

You grinned and left him to change while making some food for him and you. You were so happy to have Severus back. You hoped that the sea air would help his mental health. Severus left the bathroom, his hair still wet and sat down. 

You told him about the community of wizards here and how easy it was to live as a wizard and work. Severus smiled. He was glad he wasn't going back to Hogwarts, two many bad memories were tied to that place and being on the other side of the world and with you, he felt safe.

"What are you thinking about?" you asked suddenly.

"How lucky I am to have you and to live with you here" Severus murmured.

"I am glad too." you said and held his hand. "The memories are a lifetime away and you can start again. 

Severus smiled and relaxed, his mask falling from his heart. He felt happy, truly happy. His eyes looked to the window. He could see the sea through the trees, bright and shining. He breathed happily and looked back at you, a small twinkle in his eyes. 

You both retired together, making potions, spells and just living. Severus became much more open and caring, you would find Severus doing little romantic things and looking after you properly, his attention never leaving you. One of his new favourite things to do with you was watching movies. Some he didn't understand but he still watched it with you, you snuggled into his back while he fed you little snacks and stole little kisses. This Severus was healed and knew he was loved.