Christmas Worries

From the love actually, scene with gift wrap but its Snape and he is getting the necklace for you but not wanting you to see it.

You were in Diagon Alley. Christmas was in the air. Mistletoe and lights crisscrossed the alley between shops and you smelt cinnamon and gingerbread in the air. You held onto Severus' arm as you gently strolled down the street, enjoying the moment as other people rushed around trying to quicky buy things they needed. 

"Now Severus" you said letting go. "Go get some Christmas snacks and other things on the list. I will buy presents for the staff" you thrust the list towards him. He took it and examined it thoughtfully. He looked up and you had vanished into the crowd.  He folded the list and pocketed it, walking towards sweet and food shop, walking in the sweet-smelling candy hit his nose. He crincked it and picked up the things on the list. He had never liked Christmas but now he had someone to share it with, he wanted to at least try to share in the festivities and have some fun with you, seeing as you loved Christmas. 

Severus paid for the things and walked out into the chilly street again. He up and down it for you, his height allowing him to scan the heads, seeing as you are smaller than him. As he was scanning the street he noticed something glinting in the shop window. He walked towards it. It was a beautiful necklace. It was a small green stone which was held in place with a golden snake which encircled the stone. The snake's tail was wrapped to create where the golden chain was laced into it. There was two tiny purple stone for the snake's eyes which looked down. Severus quickly went into the shop. It was the perfect gift so you. 

"That necklace there." Severus said, pointing at it with his wand. "How much is it?"

"It's 270 galleons" the shopkeep said. 

"Um alright" Severus said, checking his pockets. "I'll have it"

"Lovely" the shopkeep said. "Would you like it gift-wrapped sir?"

"Uh yes go on then" Severus murmured. He kept his eyes on the window out into the street, making sure he didn't spot you buying the gift.

"Lovely" he said. He took the beautiful necklace off the stand and brung out a gold box. "Let me just pop it in the box" 

"Look" Severus said. "Could we be quite quick"

"Certainly sir. Ready in the flashes of flashes"

Severus drummed his fingers on the counter. His heart was beating fast. Was this what it was like when you buy presents? He frowned he kind of liked this feeling of excitement.

"There" The shopkeeper said. He had tied a bow onto the box.

"Thats great" Severus said, pulling out a bag of coins.

"Not quite finnished" The shopkeep said. Severus frowned, putting away his coins he crossed his arms in impatience. The shopkeep took out a large bag. "Oh I don't need a bag. I can just put it in my pocket" Severus said 

"Oh this isn't a bag sir" 

"Oh really?" Severus asked, raising his eyebrows

"This is so much more than a bag" the shopkeep said. Severus rolled his eyes and watched as the shopkeep put the box in the bag. "ooh". He started to pour candies and sweets into the bag with a ladle with flair of the wrist.

"Could we be quite quick please?" he asked with panic. He saw you outside looking for him.

"Prontissimo!" he shopkeeper said. He reached down and brought out a range of herbs and started to put some in, rosemary, lavender, basil. He smelt the balls of hands which he had crushed them with and then leaned down again. He brought up a brown stick and smelt it.

"What's that?" Severus asked impatiently 

"Its a cinnamon stick sir"

He watched you as you walked away, looking into shop windows as you looked for Severus. He looked away and tapped his foot. "Actually I really can't wait" he said

"You wouldn't regret this sir"

"Want to bet?" he asked

"Tis but a work of a moment!" the shopkeeper declared, tying the top of the bag closed. 

Severus looked around and spotted you again. 

"There we go!" the shopkeep said. "Almost finished"

"Almost finished?" Severus questioned annoyed, his fingers drummed faster as he tried to look away from the window. "What else is there going to be? Are you going to dip in Butterbeer? Cover it ice cream?"

"Oh no sir" the shopkeep said grinning "We are going to pop it in the Christmas box!"

"But I don't want a Christmas box!" he said. You had started to walk towards the shop, spotting him at the counter

"But you said you wanted it gift wrapped"

"I did but-""This is the final flourish"

"Can I just pay?" Severus asked 

"All we need now is a sprig of Holly"

"Oh god" Severus moaned "No, no, no, no, no bloody holly"

"But sir?" He grabbed the box threw the coins on the counter, tucked it in his extended pocket and turned around. He smiled slightly while you raised your eyebrow. "This is a bit posh isn't it"

"What is?" Severus asked.

"The shop" you grinned. "Oh never mind". You took his hand and together you walked out of the shop into the street. "Did you get everything on the list?" you asked.

"Of course" Severus said. You walked with him further down the street.

"Are you alright?" you ask. "you seem flustered."

"I'm fine" Severus said.

You nodded and together went back to Hogwarts.