Music part 1

Where is Severus? You thought, walking around your quarters. You had to cancel your lesson due to most of your class being off due to a fight which has occurred the day before, making many of the students unable to learn.

You shrugged, Severus was most likely in his study so you decided to quickly pop home to get some extra clothes which you had forgotten.

Grabbing your purse and some flu power you went to the three broomsticks then disapirated to spinner's end. Taking out your keys you unlocked the door only to be struck with Cello music. You raised your eyebrows, was Severus home? Or had someone broke in, passing the magical protection spells to play cello music?

You closed the door and followed the music up the stairs and toward the back bedroom. You put your ear to the door, listening to the music before slowly opening it to see Severus, holding a cello in his hand, staring out of the large window, over the streets of the town. In front of him stood a music stand and he was entranced by the music, so much so he did not hear you open the door.

You stood, listening on the doorway, in shock

You stood, listening on the doorway, in shock. You had no idea Severus played the cello and this well. He was moving to the music he was playing, the sad melody washing through the room like a wave.

The music soon came to end and you sighed, Severus heard it, turning suddenly. "(y/n)" he gasped, putting the cello down, at that moment he was fearful, he had no idea what to say.

"Severus" you answered. "I had no idea you played the cello" you moved toward him and he stood, going to put it away. "No" you murmured, stopping him. "Don't stop now I am here"

"I'm not very good" he said. "Waste of time really, I don't know why I do it"

"Please Severus, play something for me" you said.

"Seriously (y/n)" he said. "I am not very good at the cello, you would dislike the discordant melodies I would create"

"I loved what I heard" you said. "It didn't sound like discordant melodies"

"Yes but-" Severus started.

"No buts" you said. "I want to hear you play, please" you pleaded.

"Fine" he said, huffing. "Do not say I didn't warn you"

Severus started to play the music, it washed through the room. He played the notes perfectly, swaying with them. His eyes shut and he breathed slowly, entrapped by the music.

(This cellist is one of the best and his playing makes me cry)

A slight smile appeared on Severus' face as he hit the high notes, and as he swayed his hair moved in front of his face, but Severus didn't seem to notice as his eyes were closed, playing the piece of music by memory. His fingers perfectly hit every note, his fingers slightly quivering as he shaped the note, taking care to lovingly caress each part of the instrument. His bow movement was smooth and careful, playing at the perfect angle he moved his arm back and forward, shaping each note with slight and considered movements.