Line Without A Hook

This chapter is based off the song like Without a hook. I love this song so much!

Severus looked at you from across the room. You had got up from the bed and was getting dressed for the day. You were so distant from him, though you shared his bed it seemed like you were not there at all. Gone where the days that you kissed as you fell asleep or nuzzled into each other. Now you were distant and apart. Severus wondered if you sensed this break apart. You must do, you had needs and they were also not being met by a partner. Was all this his fault? Severus thought it over slowly, his head was telling him this was his fault, that he was the reason that you had become distant. He thought of Lily. She had left him for someone better and kinder. Would you? He knew he was a burden, an emotional wreck. He needed you to be his rock and his lover yet Severus felt himself hurting you in some way. 

His doubts clouded his mind as lay in bed, hunched over, his head in the pillow. You saw him and sighed. You had always been there to love and support Severus with everything he did, yet you felt like he pushed you away. You felt guilty by accepting him pushing you away. You were still in love with the man who laid on the bed in front of you but he didn't communicate his true feelings and emotions, even though you could sense what they might be. You would ask him over and over again. Then he would leave for the black lake to get away from you. He must like it when I am away you thought and sighed.

"Have you got lessons to teach soon?" you asked sadly.

Severus sighed and you frowned. It's like Severus wasn't even putting the effort in to talk to you. "I have a lesson to teach in second period," Severus said flatly.

"Then we can talk about it" you said and sat down on the bed. Severus stayed in the position he was in.

"What is there to talk about?" Severus asked

"Us"

Severus heart broke, he knew you were breaking up with him. He prepared for the worst and sank deeper into the cushion. 

"Severus look at me" you said.

Severus slowly got up from where he lay and stared at you fingers. He remembered how his fingers laced with yours all those years ago when you were both happy and Voldermort had not shown his face. You lifted his chin and looked into his eyes.

"What is going on?" you asked. 

"Nothing" he said, batting away your hand from his chin and getting up from the bed. You grabbed his wrist and pulled him back.

"You make me feel like a burden" you shouted, tears falling down your face. "I guess I just am"  you said weakly, taking your hand of Severus's wrist you wiped your tears away. "It's fine." you said. "Go if you wish. Go to the black lake." You whipped your eyes. "Do you like it when I am away?"

Severus stared at the crying woman in front of him. Slowly sitting back on the bed. "Was it something I said?" Severus asked. "To make you feel like your a burden"

"You are so distant" you whisper. "You never communicate, you don't seem to care about me, you have such a short temper" things fell out your mouth at speed and you started to cry again. "When I'm fast asleep I've seen this person watching me, saying is it worth it?"

Severus came closer to you and wiped one of your tears away. "If I could take it all back" he whispered. "I would pull you from the tide." This time it was his turn to lift your chin and looked into your eyes. "I feel like a line without a hook. I am a wreck without you, I need you here to stay" he took your cheek and you leaned into his touch, closing your eyes. "all my emotions feel like explosions when you are around" he whispered.

"But you found a way to kill the sound" you whispered.

"I had too" Severus whispered. "To protect you. I told you who I am"

"But that doesn't mean you hide your emotions and feelings from me" you whispered. "I am not your enemy. "

Severus face fell further and kissed you gently. The touch awoke your emotions for him and you kissed back, putting your hands to his hair. You started to cry again and felt the tears slip into your hair.

"I am sorry" he whispered against your lips. "I don't deserve you. Your a lady and I am just a line without a hook". Tears started to fall from Severus's eyes. They dripped onto your hand which had moved to the bed. "I am a burden to you" whispered.

You put your finger on his lip to shush him. "Don't say that" you whispered. "It hurts me to hear you say that." you sniffed. "It makes me feel like I am my own burden. It hurts me to see you so distant. There is something and there is nothing, there is nothing in between. And in my eyes, there is a tiny dancer watching over me, saying is it worth it?"

Severus put his forehead to yours and held it for a second. "I will change" he said suddenly. "I changed when I found you. I can change now" he took your face again and kissed you. "I am a wreck when I'm without you" he whispered again. "I need you here so stay"

"I will stay for you" you said. Severus smiled against your lips and kissed you once more. You clung to each other, the only sound was your beating hearts. Your fingers laced into his and he put it to his heart. "This heart beats for you" he whispered. 

"And mine beats for you" you answered, pulling his to yours.

Severus lay you down on the bed and kissed you again, the tips of his fingers running along your clothed form. He had craved you these past months, and so had you. He however still had doubts and halfheartedly drew away from you.

"I love you" you whispered. "Get it in your silly head" you put your hands on his head. "Read it"

"I promised I wouldn't" Severus started. 

"This is the only way to show you" you whispered. "I allow you to use legilmenccy on me." you poked him. "This one time". You cleared your mind and pushed your emotions to the front of your head.

Severus was unsure but put his head to yours, he put his fingers on your temples and looked into your eyes which where just cetmeters away from his. He read your mind, feeling your emotion and love for you. He also felt your sandess at the fact that you where so distant from him and that you missed his love and his body with yours. Severus kissed you and your noses touched, Severus moved his hands from his temples to his cheeks and held you into him.

"You love me" Severus whispered. "Truly." he grinned. "I love you so much" He kissed you again. Your lips moved together, you both getting back into the motions. Severus nibbled your bottom lip gently and explored your mouth with his tongue. It felt to unfamiliar yet familiar. It had been so long since you had been physical together and you both enjoyed every second of this. You let go of Severus and let out a contented sigh. 

"We should take more often" you said. You put your hands to his chest. 

"I will try to be more open" he said and put his hands over yours. "For you"

"Thats all I ever wanted" you answered and kissed him gently. You suddenly checked the clock. Second period had just began. Severus twiged to this and sighed.  "You know what" he whispered, he took your chin, you leaned into his touch. "I would rather stay here with you than teach that dratted lesson." You grinned as he began to kiss you again, pushing you into the bed and pinning you too it. "Don't worry" he said. "Its only second years". he grinned. "I am so glad we are on the same page." he cooed down at you. 

"Im here to stay" you said and took his hands.

"Thats all I want" Severus whispered.