Morse Code

Umbridge had enforced a silent marking policy for teachers when it was discovered that teachers like Trelawney were not marking homework. This meant that you and Severus suffered, not being able to do your marking together.

Severus sat down in his usual seat and sneered, he hated the fact that he and other teachers had been treated like school children. He looked up and saw you, smirking slightly as he watched you sit down and get out your things.

Severus suddenly tapped his quill and looked at you, smirking.

"Hello darling" he tapped in morse Code. Dolores who sat drinking tea looked at Severus as you started to tap.

"Hey Sev" you tapped. You looked at Dolores who cleared her voice and went back to marking.

"She is looking at you again" Severus tapped after a while of making.

You looked over at Dolores who was staring at you, this made you slightly worried. Dolores had no right to act like you and the other teachers were students.

"Stupid bitch" you tapped.

"Agreed" Severus tapped.

"Stop that" Umbridge said suddenly.

"Stop what?" Severus asked, raising his eyebrows.

"You are talking in morse code" Umbridge said, annoyed. "yes I know all about silly little muggle things"

Severus opened his mouth but you were quicker. "Yes, that's what we're doing" you said. "in our very limited free time, we took a class on a very outdated, very unnecessary form of communication just so we could talk about you in front of you."

Umbridge huffed and crossed her arms, making you and Severus smirk in achievement.

After a while Severus tapped. "What an idiot"

You chucked and tapped in agreement. Umbridge stared at you and Severus again, her mind wiring in thought. She could do nothing about it but it still annoyed her greatly.

When the marking session ended you walked out with Severus and started to giggle, you felt like school children who had just got away with disobeying the worst teacher in the school.

"She needs to sort her priorities out" you said, "Treating us like children"

"I do not wish to ever sit in that room and mark in silence ever again" Severus muttered. "Not even allowed a coffee, disgraceful behaviour from Umbridge"

"Trelawney doesn't even set homework so I don't know what Umbridge is complaining about" you shook your head. "Making a big deal out of nothing" You chuckled though. "That was funny"

At that point, Minerva caught up to you and smirked. "May I borrow your book on morse code?" she asked.

"Of course" you said, snickering slightly. "I will get it for you tomorrow"

"Thank you" Minerva said, "I do hate the silence which Dolores has enforced."

"It is dreadful" you replied and waved as Minerva walked up the stairs.

"We shall have another person to talk to" you said, taking Severus' hand as you walked together back to the dungeons.

"It is better than talking to Dolores" Severus said, pulling you into your quarters. You found the book on morse code and put it on the side smirking, loving that you had found a way to annoy Umbridge.