Save yourself

TW: described your death

Thank you Hogwarts_Muggle

Severus had left you behind in the castle while the battle raged on, he had told you to stay safe, however as time went on you became less and less safe, fighting in the battle of Hogwarts against the dark forces of evil. Your mind always went to Severus, you needed to find him, he had been gone for so long. Fleeing from the main fighting you muttered a spell which allowed you to track Severus, slowly you followed the way your wand signalled to go, being careful to not be hurt or caught in more fighting. The wand took you to the boathouse and you quietly listened to the talking of Severus and the dark lord.

"You killed Dumbelfore Severus, while you live the elder wand cannot truly be mine" you heard Voldermort say. "You have been a good and faithful servant Severus but only I can live forever"

You knew what this meant and quickly stepped into the boathouse, both whipped their heads around to look at you "I killed Dumbledore '' you spluttered out. Voldermort's eyes widened, confused, you were a death eater like Severus and Voldermort knew that you also spied for him. "Severus took the blame for it so that I could carry on gaining information from Hogwarts my lord" your whole body trembled as Voldermort stared at you and Severus had a look of pure terror on his face.

"Is this true Severus?" Voldermort asked. For the first time since Lily died, Severus was lost for words, he opened his mouth but nothing came out. Voldermort looked back at you, your eyes met and Voldermort tried to read your mind and only saw your lie, your love for Severus fueling your ability.

Severus looked back at Severus and then you. "Nagini kill" he commanded, you here pushed back by the large snake who started to take huge chunks out of your neck and stomach, the pain was unbearable. Severus fell back against the wall, tears pricking in his eyes and his hand moving to his mouth as he watched and heard you being mauled by Nagini, he could do nothing, for the first time since you had met he felt powerless.

Severus pulled out his wand, he was going to kill Voldermort, however, by the time Severus lifted his tear-stained cheeks, Voldermort was gone. Severus stumbled forward and collapsed on his knees in front of you, he pulled your blood-stained, barely alive corpse into him and cried over it. He stroked your bloodied hair, rocking you gently. You could barely keep conscious, you ached but could feel and hear Severus, you wanted to reach out and comfort him, kiss his head and lips, cuddle him until he felt better. With all your might you tried to get up but nothing would move. "Severus" you could barely say, your voice box had been half destroyed.

"(y/n)" Severus said, "Don't speak darling" Severus frantically searched his cloak which was stained with your blood for anything that could help. A healing potion, Severus opened the bottle, spilling half on the floor in his haste, he opened his mouth gently and poured it in, trying his best to not let his tears fall onto your face. Severus waited for you to heal, however, it did not work, you looked no better, blood still pouring from wounds all over your body.

"For fucks sake" Severus shouted in anger, he pressed his hand against one wound and his other searched again for another bottle of healing potion, however, he could find no more. Severus hung his head, the hand pressing against your wound going limp as he pulled you further into him, hugging you close.

"Why would you do this to me?" Severus asked, tears falling from his eyes.

"Because I love you" you could barely say, everything hurt, your voice was broken and quiet.

"I told you to keep safe" Severus said, "I told you to. You shouldn't have done that my love you shouldn't, your stupid my love you are an imbecile" he said over and over, gripping your body close as you fell from consciousness and you died in your lover's arms.