Emotionless 2

Yn POV

If you read part one, you're now using the right picture for this part of the story!!!

Part of me thought coming back to this school would be a terrible idea. There was nothing good that happened to me here.

But I also wanted to prove that with patience, good things can and will come your way.

I went to school far far away from here. I got a scholarship and left my old life behind. Then Instagram allowed me to make money through promos and collabs and starting my own business.

I went to college to be a physician's assistant and I graduated. Now I had that job and on top of that, several other streams of income and the power to influence.

I was doing really well for myself and I was happy too. I traveled and I enjoyed myself. I made friends at college and learned to be more assertive. I had to realize high school meant quite literally nothing.

The only thing I was missing was a family. I was single. Guys took interest but I was scared to start anything serious.

I didn't know if that was even my purpose in life to be real with you. But I also kind of wanted a child or two.

I am twenty seven so I still have time. But sometimes you feel like you don't.

And now ten years later, I'm back in this shit hole.

"Yn?" I look over and I see a classmate I don't know. "Heyyy girl?"

"I know we weren't friends but I follow your Instagram. Great work!!!"

"Thank you," I smile. "Hope you're doing well."

"Yeah I am. About to finish medical school and do my thing," she smiles. "Also want to apologize for how rude Bria used to be back in high school. Should've never been friends with her," she says.

"Yeah it's good," I fake smile. "It's high school."

She shrugs. "Yeah...wish I wasn't so consumed with it back in the day. We live and learn though," she says.

I nod. "Yeah...I'll see you around?"

I move away from her and walk through the crowd. Obviously everyone looks different. It was weird to be here and not have people glaring at me and giving me dirty looks.

Then I see him and we make eye contact. I immediately look down, but I can feel him coming towards me.

"Shit," I mumble. I quickly shuffle out of there and try to get back to my car but I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Yn," I turn over and see Aubrey. He looked older. Full beard and he had some hair. He looked thicker in a good way...more muscular. He had a pretty expensive suit on too.

"Nice to see you pal," I pat his shoulder. "I have to get going though."

"You just got here," he says. "I just wanted to catch up...see how you were doing?"

I cross my eyes. "Ten years too late, I'm doing good... now."

"Listen—," I cut him off. "I don't wanna listen to it. It's high school who cares. I've grown."

"I know but I still wanna apologize. I swear that wasn't me who posted that though."

"So someone got into your Instagram to do it?"

He looks at me like I'm stupid. "Bria is crazy!?! What do you not understand?"

Aubrey POV

*flashback ten years ago*

"I didn't cheat on you," I reassure Bria. Bria wasn't perfect and neither was I. But I wasn't a cheater at all.