Graduationless

Yn POV

"Its a sad school year for many students, especially seniors. It seems as though the governor shut down all schools until August because of the coronavirus," the news reporter says.

I blink at the tv.

School is closed? I look back and I see my mom with a sad look on her face. "I'm sorry there's no school baby," she hugs me.

Now if it was any other year, maybe it wouldn't hit as hard. But your senior year? Bro I had my prom dress already, my graduation dress and my senior faculty dinner dress.

I was looking forward to all of this and spending time with my girls. High school hadn't been all that great for me but senior year was going really well.

And it was supposed to end really well too.

"Yeah it is what it is," I sigh. I get up and go to my room and I see my phone is flooded with text messages.

Rip our senior year

Mane fuck all of this

Girl we have to hang out over the summer to make up for all of this

Damn I was excited to show off my date.

The last text was from Drake. Him and I were going to go to prom together. I had my dress and everything I was excited to look fly as fuck together.

 I had my dress and everything I was excited to look fly as fuck together

But everything was coming to an end because of the coronavirus.

I text him back.

Hey it's okay, we will have future opportunities to show each other off.

We were both going to the same college so you know, we'd see each other. I'd make him dress up all the time now. I'll never take a moment for granted again.

I went to my room and tried on my dress. I was so excited for prom this year because I would actually feel comfortable in my skin. I loved this dress and the way I looked in it. The vision I had for it. I wanted a nice blunt cut bob and my strap up heels.

Drake's suit was really nice too.

I look at my phone and see an incoming group FaceTime call.

"Now why are y'all calling me?"

"Wow great minds think alike," Alessia says. We all had on our prom outfits.

"I guess so," I laugh. We got to talking about how if this ends, we all have to hang out.

"Hey guys I gotta go," I tell them. "I have a zoom class."

"Alright bye," I hang up and get my laptop for my zoom class.

It was my AP psychology class and for someone who wanted to be a psychology major

I sure fucking hated psychology