Single Mother

Yn POV

"Maya lets go," I tell my three year old daughter. I had to drop her off at daycare but she was playing too much.

"But mommy I don't wanna go," she whined. I looked at her.

"Maya please. I'm gonna be late for work," I sigh.

"The other kids keep asking where daddy is and I—," she started to tear up.

I grabbed her and hugged her tightly.

I had gotten pregnant when I was 20 years old by my ex boyfriend. After I gave birth, I had no idea where he went.

But I guess we were fine without him. But Maya is always asking about him and where he went.

I felt bad because I also didn't have a father, and I knew what that felt like. I just knew I needed to be twice the mother.

"Tell then that mommy is so powerful that you don't even need daddy," I kiss her forehead.

"Mommy is your mommy and daddy, okay?" I tell her.

She smiles and nods. "I know but will I ever meet him," she pouts.

I give her a sympathetic look. "Yes baby, one day," I grab her and I get her in the car.

Despite getting pregnant during college, I still went. I finished and graduated as a nurse. Now I live in an apartment with Maya and I. Things were going well for the most part.

I drove off to drop her at daycare.

"Come on Maya lets go," I smile. I was running a little late, but it was alright.

"I'll see you later sweetheart," I kiss her forehead and run off to work.

*At Work*

"Ms. Yln?" One of the nurses calls after me.

"Yes?"

"Um someone is on the phone," she hands me the phone.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hello are you Maya's mom?" A man asked.

I immediately started to panic. "Is everything alright?"

"Yes she just seems to be running a fever," he says.

"Dammit," I mumble to myself. "I'm on my way."

I hang up and explain that I have to go get my daughter.

I rush to her daycare to go get her. "Where is Maya?" I ask them.

They point towards the nurses office, where I see my baby sitting on the table talking to a young man.

"Yeah...I wish I had a daddy though," she mumbles.

"But your mom sounds amazing Maya. You have an amazing mom and I'm sure you'll meet your daddy soon. But don't forget mommy," a man tells her.

"Maya?" I go inside and find her talking to a toned lightskin man.

"Ah you're Maya's mom? I'm the substitute teacher for today. Ms. McGregor went home early for family issues," he explained.

I smiled at him and shook his hand. "Sorry if she gave you trouble," I smiled.

"No she was very good. She seemed to have missed you though," he laughed.

He had nice white teeth and a warm vibe. It felt nice to be around such a comforting man.

"Mommy, Mr. Graham could be my daddy you know," Maya smiles.

I turn extremely red. "Maya," I look at her.

She ignores me. "What? He's cute and he's really nice. And he treats me nicely look!" She holds up some cookies in her hands.

He laughs. "Maya I think your mom wants to go home," he lightly pats her.

"Are you gonna come with us?" She asks him.

"Goodness," I sigh. "I'm sorry about her," I tell him.

"It's okay I know it isn't easy. I need you to sign something real quick though," he guides me to his office while a nurse watches over Maya.

"Here just sign this," he hands me. It was a form of what I would allow Maya to take in regards to medicine if she got sick again.

As I'm signing it, I can feel his eyes on me. I look up and smile at him.

"Here," I had it to him. "I'm sorry...again," I blush.

"It's okay really, I know its a lot," he tells me.

I nod. "Yeah but it's okay. I don't know why she keeps bringing up her father," I mumble.

"She doesn't see him?" He asks me.

I sigh and shake my head. "Don't know where he went." I explain to him.

"Must be an idiot to leave a beautiful girl," he tells me.

My dense ass thought he was talking about Maya. "Yeah she was a beautiful little baby," I smile.

He laughs. "Nah I meant you," he looks at me.

I turned red. "Oh thank you," I face the floor and blush. I wasn't sure what he was trying to get at, but I knew for one thing.

Nobody wanted to be with a single mother. Especially not a young man like this.

He studied my face for a second. "I know this might sound forward but—," he stops himself.

"No nevermind," he mumbles.

I scrunch my eyebrows. "Nah what is it?"

"Can I take you out sometime?" He asks me.

I was taken back by him asking. "See I shouldn't have asked, right?" He laughs.

"What? No I just wasn't expecting that," I turned red. "I mean yeah."

His face lit up. "Okay, how is this weekend?" He asks.

I nod and before I can say anything, Maya is interrupting.

"Are you guys going to kiss now?" She asks.

I roll my eyes and he laughs.

"Maya go get your backpack," I usher her out to get her backpack.

"Can I get that kiss though," he was smirking.

I look around and give him a quick peck. "Play your cards right and then we will see," I wink.

"I'm gonna have a daddy," Maya keeps singing.

Oh my goodness.

Thank you Guys for reading 💞Sorry I have not updated in a while. I've been going through a lot of stuff so xx