Intimacy Issues

Yn POV

Drake and I have been together for about seven months now and I can safely say, he's been the perfect man.

He was so patient with me it was ridiculous. He was always so gentle and calm and always knew how to make me feel loved.

But there was one problem.

Me.

"Yn?" I hear him call me.

"Hmm?"

I was in the middle of working on some work in regards to my doctorate degree. But I hear his footsteps come upstairs anyways.

"Babe you've been working on this all week. Relax a little," he kisses my forehead.

"No it's okay. I'll be done soon," I yawn.

Drake and I didn't live together because it seemed too soon for me. But I was always at his place anyways. He let me into his house, his heart, his mind. I hadn't necessarily done the same though.

He grabs my books and puts them on the shelf where I can't reach.

"Hey," I pout.

"I want to spend time with you," he laughs.

I felt bad because I hadn't spent much time with him this week. I was so busy and focused on other things.

"I'm sorry," I go and hug him.

"Have you been okay lately?" He asks me with a concerned look on my face.

The real reason I had been working so much and focusing on homework so much was because one of my cousins had gotten shot.

We were extremely close and I just didn't want to be that vulnerable around Drake so I suppressed it. There were a lot of funeral costs as well and I was the only one in my family who could afford to pay for it.

"Babe?" Drake's deep voice had zoned me back into reality.

"Oh yeah I— I'm fine," I smile at him.

To avoid anymore confrontation, I went to the kitchen to get a glass of wine. But he follows me there.

"You want some?" I pour myself a glass.

He nods and then comes and hugs me from behind, leaves a kiss on my neck.

"I just feel like you're hiding something from me?" He mumbles into my neck.

There were quite a few things I had been hiding from him. I never was able to trust anyone and I always thought I would be okay like that. But when you get in serious relationships, especially with someone like him? Yeah you can't fuck that up.

"No it's okay really. I guess just small stress," I hand him his wine.

"You want to take a bathe or something then?" He asks.

I nod and he leaves to go start a bathe. I finished my wine and attempt to try and grab my book but it fails.

"I put it up there for a reason," Drake comes down and laughs.

I laugh and follow him upstairs to the bathroom.

"You didn't have to do this," I smile at the bath he made for me.

"I wanted to," he kissed me. "Can I join you?"

I felt my face get red. He wanted to just sit in the bathtub with me? It wasn't like I was opposed to it but I had gained a couple of pounds recently and I wasn't really feeling myself at the moment.

I nodded anyways, not wanting him to think anything was wrong. More than he already did.

He took his clothes off and sat in the shower. "Come."

I slowly slide off my shirt. "You know what...maybe I should wear a bathing suit," I run out to go get a bathing suit but, Drake is already hot on my tail.

"Babe come here," he grabs my hands. "You're not okay, what's up?"

I cross my arms and look at the ground. "Nothing."

"Clearly something is up. Why would you wear a bathing suit to take a bathe?"

I felt tears attempting to fall but I wouldn't let them. Drake wraps a towel around himself and sits down. "Sit."

I sigh and sit down next to him. "I— look really bad."

He looks at me and frowns. "What?"

"If you look at me too long...you'll see everything," I look at the ground.

"Yeah everything beautiful about you."

I breathe out, frustrated that he wasn't understanding. "No everything bad Drake. I've gained a lot of weight," I mumble.

We sit in silence for a minute...then he stands up. "Take off your shirt."

"What?" He grabs my hands and we go to the bathroom. He gets in the tub and ushers me to do the same.

I slowly take off my clothes and feel extremely vulnerable around him. "Come sit."

I lower myself into the tub and sit between his legs. We just sit there for a moment.

"Are you afraid?" He asks me.

"Of what?"

"Me."

I look down at the water. It smelled like peppermint. The lights were kind of dimmed down and it was only two of us.

"I— no," I stutter. "I'm scared of myself."

He kisses my back and puts my hair up in a bun. "Why baby? You can tell me anything you know."

"Because I'm afraid that if I get close to you, something bad will happen," I feel tears about to fall.

"Bad like what? You know I love you," his hands trail on my thighs.

"I know... I just have a hard time letting people in," I mumble.

Drake turns me around and looks at me. "It's okay ...I know that it's not easy. But I need you to know I'd never do anything to hurt you."

I nod and he kisses me passionately.

"Well let's start here. Is something actually not bothering you other than the fact that you're blind and can't see how beautiful you are?"

I let out a small laugh. "I mean I was serious when I said it was just stress."

"And the cause of that stress?"

I explain to him what happened to my cousin and how I had to plan for a funeral.

"That's not something you have to hide from me babygirl," he frowns. "I'm here for you for that."

"I just didn't wanna burden you," I sigh. He runs his hands on my arms and holds my hands.

"You'll never be one baby. And I don't want you to be afraid to be close to me."

I lay back into his chest and feel his warm lips meet with mine. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Thank You Guys for reading ❤️ Check out my New Stories

Circular

Mr. Graham