At The Club

Yn Pov

"Farrah I wanna go home," I whine to her. She dragged me out to go to a party with her. She was the party friend so you already know how it goes.

"Come on you'll have fun if you wanna," she says, clearly drunk.

She was whisked off with a random guy into the dance club. I threw my water bottle away and sighed.

I had recently gone through a pretty rough break up. Things weren't working so I called it quits.

He didn't take that well. He tried to stalk me and my friends and he was ducking psychotic about the whole thing.

It was just a terrible experience.

Now my friends were all trying to get me out the house and party. It was nice of them but I wasn't sad. I was just relaxing by myself.

They didn't seem to get that.

I liked to have fun. I used to love parties in high school and college. I just wasn't feeling it in the moment and I wanted to watch Grey's Anatomy at home.

"You seem annoyed," A voice tells me. I look back and see Kiana with a light skin dude.

"Yeah I wanna go home," I tell her. Shem sits down and invites the guy to sit as well.

"This is Aubrey, an old friend," she introduces.

"Hey," I wave shyly. He was cute and quiet. He smiled back at me.

"I'll be back I need a drink," Kiana leaves. I look at my phone and here a noise.

"Huh?"

"You look like you really don't wanna be here," he laughs.

"I don't," I laugh with him. I hear my stomach growl and as does he.

"You wanna get out of here?"

Those words echoed through my soul. Normally, I'd say no like anyone else with common sense because well...he's a stranger. I don't know him. He could very well kill me.

"Yes."

But somehow I still said yes. It was the thrill of not knowing him and the mystery he hid that made me wanna go with him.

He took me to a really good Halal restaurant called Tandoori. Their lamb was seasoned perfectly.

The seasoned rice made me wonder why I had deprived myself of carbohydrates for so long. It was amazing.

"This was really fucking good," I smile with a kebab in my mouth. He smiles.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it."

I look at his soft features. He was a gentleman and you didn't see that everyday.

"Why would you take a stranger out to eat?"

He looks at me. "We aren't strangers anymore," he winks.

I feel myself blush. "I guess you're not wrong."

I didn't realize meeting someone at the club could be so fruitful. I didn't think I'd enjoy myself as much as I was.

I look down at my phone and see a shit ton of text messages from my friends.

"Fuck," I mumble. I respond quickly and then an incoming call.

"So you just leave without telling us you're getting dick," Farrah yells.

"I'm literally getting food," I mumble.

"Yeah with Aubrey," Kiana teases. How did she know?

"Wha—," I feel the hot screen leave my cheek.

"She's in good hands Kiki," Aubrey assures her.

They hang up and I look at him. "Did you tell her?"

He smiles and nods. "I did just so she was aware."

I didn't have a problem with that.

"Wanna get out of here?"

He nods and we pay and leave. We walk down the street and just look at everything around us.

For once, I was taking in my surroundings and enjoying what was around me. I forgot about how stressful life was and I forgot about everything.

"You okay?"

"Yeah," I smile at him. He looks at me.

"Kiana says you went through a pretty toxic break up," he half smiles.

I shrug it off. "Yeah it's fine."

He laughs. "So clearly it's not."

"It had potentially to be okay but he was a crazy fucking guy," I chuckle.

"It was weird cause I knew him for so long and didn't think he could be as insane as he was," I laughed more about it.

"Yeah it's weird how someone you've known all your life isn't really who you've known. Where a stranger you met at the club can be—," he looks at me.

"Can be what?"

"Everything you've ever wanted in a person."

I looked at him in the eyes and got lost. He was a beautiful man and I had heard things about him from Kiana. How she couldn't believe he was still single with the personality he had.

Kiana has a boyfriend so I'm not worried about that.

"I wanna kiss you right now," he tells me. "But I'm not going to because all good things come with patience."

I respects his decision. Although I wanted him to jump on me—

"There you are," Farrah comes from the other street.

"Oh my god," I sigh. "So I was fine."

"Yeah but it's getting late," she slurs. Kiana is behind her.

"Sorry she's just all over the place."

We both laugh and I look at Aubrey. "Well I guess I'll see you around."

"Actually I wanna take you out on a date," he smiles. "Not to a club."

"Okay," I smile.

"Okay," he smiles back. "I'll see you later gorgeous."

"Bye," I wave away to my future husband.

Yeah too soon.

Thank you for Reading
Vote, comment and share ♥️