Down in the Dms

Yn POV

"Girl what movie should we watch," Lyric asks.

I was sleeping over at her house for the weekend, since I hadn't seen her for a while.

"We should watch the new Hustlers movie," she suggests.

I look at her. "I'm not trying to watch Cardi B and Jlo right now," I scroll on my phone.

She rolls her eyes and goes to see what's on Netflix that we could watch.

While she's doing that, I was scrolling through my Instagram. Then I see a notification for another follow request.

"You have over 100 follower requests, why don't you accept and decline them," Lyric looks over my shoulder.

"Lazy."

She snorts. "Well some of these niggas kinda fine so so suggest you hope on it fast."

I roll my eyes and continue going through my explore page and timeline until I get a random dm.

"The fuck," I mumble under my breathe. I figured it was one of those weird ones where people ask you if you wanna see their nudes or some scam type of thing.

I ignore it and put my phone down. "I'm finna get myself some popcorn real quick," I tell her.

I go to the kitchen to get myself something quick to eat.

I was glad to finally chill out at Lyrics house. Her parents were mad chill and I didn't have to worry about the stress that my parents would bring me.

"Yo Daniel said he'll come through with edibles," Lyric days.

I make my way back to her living room and sit down.

"Bet."

"Oh and girl who's blowing up your phone," she points to my phone screen.

I see that someone had been sending me dms.

"Oh damn," I unlock my phone and go to my DMs.

"Yoooo he's cute as hell,"Lyric geeks.

"Girl move," I grab my phone. I click on the dm  to see what's going on.

Aye, I don't normally do this but shawty you fine as hell.

And then another one

And maybe this is mad weird lmfao. It's okay you ain't gotta respond.

And another one.

I just thought I'd let you know that and I'd really like to get to know you.

I was confused as hell.  Me?

"Lyric," I tap her shoulder.

"Fuck I respond to this?"

She looks at the messages and starts squealing.

"Ain't this Drake? He's a senior?"

Drake was one of the popular seniors at our school. Every girl had a crush on him. He was a basketball player, hockey player, and he was a SoundCloud rapper. But he was dating this other girl named Robyn.