•XXXVIII - Take The Pain Away•

Y/N WAS unconscious for the past week. It was no surprise to Draco, but still, he stayed by her side, waiting for her to wake up. He skipped classes, but he could've cared less. There was no point going to classes.

Madame Promfey told him that he couldn't stay there at night, so eventually, he would leave, and just sneak out at midnight, going to Y/N's side, and holding her hand until she wakes up. Hopefully, that's soon.

Draco sat in front of the girl's hospital bed. It was about two in the afternoon, and he still hasn't eaten anything. If Y/N was awake, she was sure to scold him.

As if hearing his thoughts, the blonde felt Y/N's finger move. He looked up with wide eyes, "Y/N, darling?" he mumbled. He saw her beautiful eyes flutter open, "You're awake," Draco smiled, kissing her hand.

"W-What happened?" her voice came out as raspy. And when she tried to move, she winced, placing her hand on her chest, "It hurts," she let out.

Draco gave her hand a reassuring squeeze, "I wish I could take the pain away," he said in a mumble.

Y/N stared up at the ceiling, her eyes once again turning glassy with tears, "How's Harry?" she asked, memories coming back to her. 

"Shouldn't you be worrying about yourself right now?" asked Draco in disbelief.

The girl shook her head, "He's my brother-"

"If he really does care for you, why did he hurt you?" Draco asked her, making her stop. It made her upset that Draco was right. How could Harry do this to her?

He was blinded by anger. But that didn't give him the excuse to nearly kill his practically sister. It hurt Y/N to think that Harry would think of her differently just because she was with Draco. She's still the same person, isn't she?

She let out a small sigh, and looked at Draco, "What about you? Are you alright?"

With a slight nod, Draco said, "I'm fine, you're most important at the moment."

Y/N couldn't help but laugh, but winced when she felt a slight pain in her chest. Draco stood up to assist her, but the girl shook her head, telling him she's fine. The blonde sat back down, "As much as I appreciate the care, you look like a mess."

"I wanted to watch you as much as I could," Draco said.

"How long was I out anyways?" the girl asked.

The blonde gave a forced smile, "About a week," he said.

"A week?" Y/N raised an eyebrow in disbelief, "Merlin, imagine the things we could've done. But I decided to be a sleeping beauty," she rolled her eyes.

Draco gave a small chuckle, "Yeah," he just said, looking down at their intertwined hands.

Y/N was quiet for a moment, suddenly realizing something, "That means there's only a few more weeks until the end of the school year."

All Draco could do was nod. They both know what he had to do. Draco told her than if things don't go well, he'll have to..

"I want you to not go to Hogwarts next year," said the blonde after a while, "I don't want you here. I want you at home, safe."

The girl looked at him, "But the others-"

"Can you promise me you'll stay out of Hogwarts?" Draco asked, not even letting the girl finish.

Y/N saw the pain in his eyes. And the hope. A sigh made its way out of the girl's lips, "Will it make you feel better if I don't go back?"

Draco nodded, "I won't be here next year. I want to know you'll be safe, and unharmed."