•II - Malfoy•

FOR DRACO Malfoy, he thinks that this could be his year.

His year to prove that he's better than Potter, to prove to his father that he is not a whimp.

And he's proving that by being part of the Inquisitorial Squad. A group made by no one other than Dolores Umbridge.

Draco has to say, she's quite annoying at times, but he manages. Besides, he is one of her favorite students.

As of now, the blonde, with other Slytherin students, are in Dolores' office. They're discussing something about putting up new rules, which made Draco mentally groan.

"so i was thinking-"

The professor was suddenly cut off by Filch coming in, his arms, up to his neck, filled with red spots.

Crabbe, who was closest to the door, moved away a little, making Filch glare at him, "i'm not sick!", the old caretaker screeched

Umbridge's eyebrows furrowed. She stood up from her chair, and leaned on her table with both of her hands, "are you sure it's not chicken pox?", she asked, quite disgust in her voice

"it's not", Filch said, "somebody thought it was funny to put ants inside my robes as a prank."

At that, some students couldn't help but snicker, but when Umbridge gave them a warning glare, they stood up straight, and removed the smiles on their faces.

Once again facing the caretaker, Umbridge said, "that's one of the things we need to sort out. We need to forbid all the pranks and fooling around! It is not proper!", she said

Filch nodded at that, and soon, everyone heard it on the speakers, as the caretaker put up the rule.

It was dinner time, and the great hall was filled with students, whom, are just looking down at their food, incase they catch Umbridge's eyes.

Draco looked around the hall, and his eyes stopped at the Gryffindor table. There, he saw Black.

The Mischievous Gryffindor, as everyone liked to call her. She really took after her father when it came to all the mischief. Along with the Weasley twins.

The blonde can't deny, she's not only had her father's mischievous genes, but she's got the looks of a Black. She's pretty even if she doesn't try.

She was quietly talking to Harry, and she quietly laughed when the green eyed boy said something.

Draco hasn't met the girl properly, but he knows her. Because she is the talk of everyone. Ever since she stepped foot in this school.

Even though the blonde thinks she's a little overrated, he always wondered if she even knew his name.

Not that he cared, or anything.

Soon, dinner finished, and everyone went to their dorm rooms, except for Draco and some fellow prefects, of course.

The blonde made his rounds, lighting up his wand as it was too dark in some corridors.

It wasn't long until he finished his rounds. He took a glance at his pocket watch, and he saw that it was past curfew, 9:30pm. But he didn't want to go to bed just yet.

So, he went to the Astronomy Tower, a place which he liked to go to when he wanted to think, or just wants to be alone.

Draco climbed up the stairs, and finally, he reached the top. He smiled as he saw the moon at its half circle. He walked towards the railings, leaning on it.

He smelled the fresh air as it blew, his hair messing up a bit in the process.

"i'll never get tired of this", he mumbled to himself, and looked at the stars, they sparkled down at him. It was calming, "but i do know what i'm tired of.", he said once again to himself.

Draco sighed as he looked down. For the past four years, he's nothing but a straight O student, he doesn't get in trouble (kind of), all the good stuff.

He's getting tired of it. He wants to do something he's probably going to regret. But he's not that kind of guy.

Draco Malfoy doesn't like risks, because he knows it'll only disappoint his father. He's already a disappointment, he doesn't want to add to that.

The blonde sighed and started walking towards the staircase, climbing down it.

Those things are none of his worries right now. What he needs to worry about now is finding Potter's little secret.

Earlier, Umbridge said she's suspicious of him, saying that he might be going behind her back and such.

So, she ordered the Inquisitorial Squad to find out what's happening, so that's what Draco's trying to do.

It's not as easy at it sounds, because they don't have a lead, and they don't know where to look, or what to look for.

Draco entered his common room, and climbed up his dorm room. He quickly changed into his pajamas, careful not to wake his dorm mates.

Once finished, he sat on his desk, and grabbed some parchment. He uncapped his bottle of ink, and got his quill.

It was a weekly thing for him to write to his mother, and he's not complaining. He loves his mother very dearly. She's there for him, even if his father isnt.

"Hello Mother,

How are you? And father? I hope the both of you are doing well.

I'm doing okay here, i suppose. Umbridge put up loads of new rules since last week, if i'm being honest, i think it's getting quite out of hand.

But she means well, i guess.

Anyways, i miss you, mother. I hope this year father finally realizes that i'm doing my best to live up to his expectations.

Your son,
Draco."

The blonde sealed the letter into an envelope and leaved it on his desk, mentally noting to owl it in the owlry on the morning.

Draco laid down on his bed, and looked at the ceiling. He sighed, thinking about random things.

His mind was a mess, so shaking the thoughts off, he got under his covers, and closed his eyes.

Tommorow was a new day, and he has  to be ready for hopefully finding what Potter's hiding.

It wasn't long until sleep took him, and made him dream about a girl.

A girl with a mischievous smile.

~~~