•XLIV - The Ministry Has Fallen•

MORE DAYS passed Y/N's life, and it was the same as the other.

It was like she was living in a loop. She wakes up, look out the window, waiting for any letters (Which there weren't much besides the twins', Hermione's, and Remus') to arrive. There was a tiny hope in her heart, that maybe he'll at least send a letter asking if she was alright, or at least just letting her know that he's alive.

But no letters, unfortunately.

Today was a said wedding day for Fleur Delacour and Bill Weasley. Y/N was happy for them, but she didn't think she'd be invited after all the events that happened the past school year.

Though, the twins are hoping to see her. She didn't answer that letter, she didn't know what to say.

She sat in her usual chair, looking out the gloomy sky, waiting for a dark owl. She thought about sending Snuffles out to deliver a letter from her, but she knew better than just let the Dark Lord that she's still in touch with Draco. 

If Voldemort knew, all their suffering would go to waste.

Y/N suddenly jumped when she heard a knock on her closed door. She turned around, "That's open," she said softly.

Sirius opened the door, and peaked inside. Seeing his daughter still in her pajamas, he furrowed his eyebrows, "Why aren't you ready?"

"Should I be?" Y/N asked in confusion. She felt her chest ache at her words, remembering Draco said the exact same thing when she asked him if he was ready to walk into Diagon Alley. She shook off her thoughts, and noticed that her father was all dressed up, "Where are you going?"

Her father let out a sigh, and walked into Y/N's room, "We are going to a wedding," he said, and slowly approached his daughter, "We can't miss a Weasley wedding!" Sirius chuckled.

"I don't know if they'd be happy to see me," Y/N let out a tired laugh, "I wouldn't be happy to see me, so what so more them?"

"Of course they would be happy to see you!" Sirius exclaimed, but seeing Y/N so down about it, he knew that wouldn't do the trick. A small sigh left his lips as he knelt down and put a comforting hand on his daughter's knee, "Look, I know you acted rather harshly without thinking long enough, but you're still you. You're still my daughter, and whatever you do, the Weasleys will still think of you as family."

Y/N looked down to her fingers and fiddled with them, her eyes glassy with tears, "And that makes me feel like I don't deserve them."

Sirius' chest clenched at the sight of her daughter. He never wanted things to be this way. But Y/N is a Black. He can't say he never expected her to make these kinds of mistakes.

"You deserve anything, and everything in the world, pup. I would catch the stars for you if I could." whispered Sirius. 

The girl looked up at him, and gave a small smile, "I don't want the stars, dad. You being here is enough," she said, and Sirius couldn't help but think about how lucky he was to have her as his daughter, "Besides, I've got the best star right here!"

She took Sirius' hands in hers. He smiled, "Literally, huh?"

Y/N nodded, and laughed, "Literally."

Sirius laughed, and stood up, "I won't force you to go with me if you don't want to," he said, walking towards the door, "But if you ever change your mind, I'll be leaving in an hour," and with that, he walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

The girl was once again left alone in her room. She thought for a moment. There was no harm in just sitting in a corner.

She stood up and opened her closet.