•XLII - I guess I do•

SIRIUS FELT the gloominess in the air. He knew Y/N was bottling up her feelings, but he didn't want to force her to tell him everything.

The man looked out the window, not knowing what to do. Should he leave his daughter be? Should he check up on her?

In the end, he decided that the latter was better.

Knocking on her doorway, he saw her unpacking, "Need some help?" he asked, even though he knew very well that her daughter could do anything without any help.

Y/N looked up from the floor. She was folding some clothes, "Uh, not really," she sighed out. Sirius nodded, and was supposed to walk away when she followed, "But some company would be nice."

Sirius smiled, and entered her room. Sitting down on Y/N's desk chair, he asked, "So, how was school?"

It wasn't the best topic, Sirius didn't know why he asked that.

But nevertheless, Y/N answered, "The opposite of fun," she nodded.

With a tilt of his head, Sirius asked her, "All of it?"

Y/N stopped, knowing well that she was a bit happy that this year happened. If it didn't, maybe Draco would still be that arsehole.

But at the same time, Y/N wondered how things would've ended if Draco didn't leave.

"I guess not all of it," she mumbled above a whisper, just enough for Sirius to hear.

Her father let out a sigh, and said, "You know, you remind me of your mother very much," he chuckled with a shake of his head, "She was very stubborn. She was kind- she and Remus got along pretty well," Sirius smiled at the memory.

Y/N faced her father, and hugged her knees, focusing on Sirius' stories about her mother, "She seems amazing."

"Oh, trust me.." Sirius trailed off, "She was."

The girl stared at her father sadly. It was clear Sirius missed Felicia. Y/N looked down at her bracelet, "I'm sure she's proud of you, dad," she smiled.

Sirius smiled lovingly at his daughter, and said, "I'm sure she's proud of you, too," he said, "You helped someone you knew needed it. It was the right decision, even if it seemed like the wrong."

Y/N's smile slowly disappeared. It felt as if she made a mistake- everyone hated her for it. She knew that Sirius was at least a bit disappointed, even if he didn't say it.

She swallowed the lump in her throat, and looked at the pocket of her bag. She reached into it, pulling out the necklace with a ring on it. She remembers Draco's promise clearly. The next time I give you a ring, it'll be for our engagement. Rubbish.

"I'm sorry," the girl mumbled, "I'm sorry for not listening. I'm sorry for being such a disappointment," she let out a dry chuckle as she stared at the ring.

"You're not a disappointment, Y/N," Sirius said, but it didn't make Y/N feel better. Not even a bit, "We all act rather.. Stupidly when it comes to the people we care for. What's more important is, Do you regret it?"

Y/N thought for a moment, but in every way she looks at it, she didn't feel an ounce of regret. She knew she did what she had to, and she didn't regret any of it, "No, I don't," she said. For some reason, she thought that she should, but she doesn't, "I don't regret helping him, dad. Is that wrong?" she looked up at him.

"It's not wrong if it felt like the right thing for you. I know you won't do it without a reason, and I think I know what your reason is," Sirius smiled, "You love him, don't you?"

It didn't take long for Y/N to realize that she does. A small chuckle left her lips as she looked down and fiddled with the ring in her hands, "I guess I do," she said, looking up at Sirius.

"Merlin, I really was away for so long, huh?" Sirius shook his head in disbelief, "I came back to see my little pup go through boy problems- a day I never knew I'd see."

Both Blacks chuckled, "Well, look at us now," she shook her head, "There's a lot more where that came from."

Sirius once again laughed, and stood up from his chair, "Well, I'll leave you to your unpacking. I'll tell Kreacher to prepare dinner- that elf," he shook his head, and sighed, "I'll be downstairs if you need me."

"I'll give you a call if I do," Y/N smiled at her father, and watched as he went out her room, closing her door as he did.

Once again, Y/N was all alone. In her room full of silence. It hurt her ears, but at the same time, she wanted to be alone.

Although, she knew very well she didn't want to be alone. She just wanted to be with someone specific. Someone who she can't really see now.

She looked down at the ring Draco gave to her. It lasted for a minute, then another, then another.

As the time passed by, she just missed him more, and more. So standing up, she swallowed the lump in her throat. Walking towards her window, opening it, making the cold air come in her room.

Once again, she looked down at the ring. She thought about throwing it. She wanted to.

But he heart told her otherwise.

With a deep breath, she held the ring close to her chest, and walked away from the window. She instead walked towards her study, and opened the last drawer, one that she never opens.

She got the box from her closet, and put the ring inside. It would be very long until she sees this ring again.

So with one last look at it, she closed its small box, and put it inside the drawer, finally closing it again.

She has no idea what to feel. Should she expect for letters? For any word at all?

Y/N's mind was a mess, just as a mess as her feelings.

There was no knowing if Draco was alive. It made Y/N feel unease, but at the same time, she knew Draco was safe now, with his mother.

Before she could do more overthinking, she heard Sirius call her down for dinner.

So without another thought, she walked out of her room, and down to their dining room.

As she did, Draco stayed in his room in Malfoy manor, silent tears running down his face, hoping to be in Y/N's arms.

But he knew he doesn't deserve her.

Stakes were too high.

For the first time since he met Y/N, he was afraid to take the risk.

So he didn't.

~~~

Hi

Draco just needs some loving <3

Also I wrote this when I have other things I need to do. Like for school. And chores. And a story cover.

Yeah.

Clearly, ✨priorities✨