•XVIII - Night Of Mischief•

FOR SOME reason, Draco Malfoy managed to sneak out of the house, and out of their property. 

He waited out of their gates, because that's what Y/N told him to do. Merlin, if she was messing with him.

Their house was in the middle of no where, so how on earth will Y/N go there?

For what seemed to be the hundredth time for the last five minutes, Draco pulled his pocket watch from his suit's pocket, checking the time. It was seven fifty nine, a minute before their meeting time.

Draco let out a sigh. He was very naive to think that Y/N would actually show up. He's stupid.

He turned around, and started walking back towards their gate, but stopped when he heard a screeching sound coming from behind him.

Pulling out his wand for defense, he turned around, and raised his wand.

"Woah, woah! No need to get violent," Y/N laughed, her hands up in surrender.

Slowly, Draco put his wand down, his eyebrows furrowed at the sight in front of him, "What in the name is Salazar is this, Black?"

"What? Oh, this!" she chuckled, and stepped down from the purple bus, "This, my friend, is the Knight bus. Since us underaged witches and wizards can't apparate, nor use magic out of school, this is the only form of transportation we could use- well, we could floo, but that often gets messy," the girl shrugged, and stopped in front of the blonde.

Draco was frozen in his spot. He doesn't know what to say. Salazar, Y/N Black is sure full of surprises.

Suddenly, a man poked his head out of the bus, "Are we going or what? Because if you're just going to stand there, might aswell just leave," he said.

Y/N turned her head, "Just a second, Stan. I think we broke the guy, give him time to take it all in," she said with a chuckle, and turned back to Draco, "So, are you ready?"

Finally, Draco managed to find his voice, "I- I don't know..?" he asked, to him or to Y/N, he doesn't know, "I don't know, I don't think this is a great idea-"

"Hey, hey! Snap out of that negativity!" Y/N said, snapping her fingers in front of him, "Tonight is a night full of mischiefs. We don't care if it's a good idea or not, okay? All that matters is that we are free."

Draco looked at Y/N, as if she just said something that made him realize that they are free. Just for tonight, they can do whatever they want- as long as it's not hurting anyone else.

For the last time, Draco looked back at their manor. It was dark, and you could clearly see the gloom. He faced Y/N, and nodded, "Lead the way," he said.

And with that, Y/N smiled, and took his arms, pulling him along with her in the bus.

• • •

"Thanks, Shunpike! Till later!"

The conductor tilted his hat at Y/N, and with that, the Knight bus zoomed away, faster than lightning.

Draco was lightheaded when he stepped off the bus. With that speed- Merlin, how could Y/N not get sick?

"I think that was worse than apparating," he muttered under his breath, just loud enough for the girl to hear.

She chuckled, and helped the blonde up from the wall he was leaning on. They were dropped on some kind of alley. A bit creepy, but it was the only way they could get off the bus without Muggles suspecting anything (Not that muggles see the bus, but it would be a bit weird to see two teenagers appear out of no where.)

"Trust me, there are worse things," she said as they started to walk.

Draco managed to hold himself up, so as much as he hated to (For some reason, that is), he pulled away from Y/N grasp to walk on his own, "Where are we going anyways?" he asked, straightening his clothes.

Giving him a smile, Y/N stopped from walking, and looked up the busy streets of London, "Welcome to muggle London, Malfoy."

He looked up, his eyes widening in awe when he saw everything. The Big Ben, the London eye, and the tower bridge.

For some reason, he has been missing a lot on the outside. Muggle London was somewhere he never knew he'd step into. The only placed he ever go to are Diagon Alley, school, Hogsmeade, and home.

This was out of his comfort zone, and is he complaining?

No.

Because for once, he felt free. For a moment, he forgot about his father at home. He forgot about the dark lord. His task.

"It's beautiful," he sighed with satisfaction, taking in the air.

Y/N smiled, and nodded, "I know," she said, "My parents met here, you know? I tend to go here sometimes to get away when I still lived with uncle Remus."

The two started walking in a fair pace. Not too fast, but not too slow either, "You never told me about your life with professor Lupin," Draco said.

"That's because you never really asked?" Y/N chuckled, "And besides, we never really started talking until a few months ago."

Draco nodded, "Well, yeah," he said, not really knowing what to say, "So..?"

"So what?" the girl asked, looking up at the blonde.

"Care to tell me about your life?" Draco shrugged. There was no other topic to talk about at the moment.

Y/N slowly nodded, their feet taking them towards the tower bridge, "Only if you tell me yours," she smiled. Draco nodded a bit hesitantly, but that was enough for her to continue, "Well, uncle Remus took me in when my father was sent to Azkaban. He took care of me, as if I was his own. I owe him everything- if it wasn't for him, who knows where I am now?"

Draco nodded, "Not here," he said with a light shrug.

"It was hard for him, since every once a month, he had to leave me for the night, and comes home at dawn with new scars. The sacrifices he made for me- I really have no idea how to repay him. He did so much," Y/N smiled to herself, the two of them stopping in the middle of the bridge to look at the waters below, "Though he did say that whenever I wake up the next morning, I would pepper him with kisses, especially his scars. He said it made him feel loved, and appreciated. I'm glad uncle Remus took me in when he did."

For a moment, the blonde stared at the skied above. At some point, he felt a bit jealous of Y/N for having such a caring father figure, and a father, too. But he realized that he's lucky to have his mother, and a complete family.

But what's a complete family if it doesn't feel like one, anyways?

"Professor Lupin did well on raising you, then," Draco told her with a smile.

Y/N nodded, "He did," she said, looking at the blonde, "What about you? Care to tell me about your life?"

With that, Draco chuckled. They started walking once again. They have no idea where they're going, but that's not really important, is it?

They're free. They're together. It doesn't really matter what happens right now.

~~~