•XLI - Home•

BAGS WERE packed, the dorm room was empty, the school year was over. The only thing to do was go home.

But Y/N still sat on her bed in her dorm room. Her heart felt heavy, and her mind was a mess. She didn't want to go home. She knew that she had to talk to her father, but she never really wanted to do that.

She reached for her neck, and when she felt her necklace, she removed it. She stared at the ring on the necklace. The sight of it makes her want to lock herself then and there and just cry. But with a war coming, there was no time for crying.

Y/N sighed, a small sob leaving her lips. But she the tears that tempted to fall from her eyes like waterfalls.

Stuffing the necklace in her bag, she walked out of the dorm room and out of the common room. For the last time, she wanted to see the whole of Hogwarts. And there was only one place to see that.

The walk towards the Astronomy Tower was long. Or so it felt long to Y/N. Without Draco, her steps were slow, her eyes lingered around, as if expecting the blonde to pop out of no where. But she knew that won't ever happen.

Because he was gone, and the girl had no idea what that makes the two of them.

Have they broken up?

Was that it?

Y/N didn't want to think about it, but at the same time, she wanted at least some closure- she wanted answers.

It was clear that he did it to protect her, but she can protect herself, she knew that. Did Draco think that she couldn't handle it?

Was she not good enough?

The corridors were dark, as they've always been, but today, it was darker. The whole school was darker.

Dumbledore. The Headmaster. He's gone.

Hogwarts will never be the same.

Before she even realized it, she climbed the stairs up the Astronomy Tower, not knowing that Harry, Hermione, and Ron were there.

She climbed the last step with a clouded mind. The three noticed her presence, making them turn to her.

Y/N looked up, only to meet three familiar faces.

"I didn't know there were people here," she had said in such a small voice she didn't even know if she could call it a voice, "I'll go."

But before she could step back, Harry called out to her, "Y/N.."

The girl looked up to the boy, but immediately looked away. For some reason, she couldn't see Harry as her brother anymore. He's changed. She's changed. This year really changed a lot of people.

Hermione walked towards the Y/N, her eyes showed a hint of sadness, and pity. As much as Y/N didn't want to accept any of their pity, even Hermione's (or anyone's), but when the bushy haired girl enveloped her in a hug, she just broke down.

Tears fell from her eyes. She's been keeping them since he left, and she couldn't hold them anymore.

"I'm sorry," Hermione whispered to her ear. All Y/N could do was hug back as she cried.

But when she realized that the boys were looking at them, she pulled away, and wiped her tears, "Sorry. I must look utterly pathetic right now," she gave a small laugh, "The traitor. Going back to her friends," she shook her head stepped back once again to go away.

"I'm sorry, Y/N."

She looked up at Harry's voice, a hint of shock in her eyes. She never expected him to apologize. Even if what Harry did was wrong, a Potter's pride is higher than the tallest tree in the forbidden forest.

Ron just stood there, clearly apologetic. Y/N looked at the three, then shook her head, "No, you guys didn't do anything. I sided with a death eater. I left you three. I'm the one who should be sorry."

"You know that's not true," Harry said, walking forward towards her, "I was being a git. I hurt you- physically, and emotionally."

"No, Harry-"

"You're not a traitor. You're a good friend. You were there for somebody that didn't deserve it," Harry said.

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows, "Draco deserves much more than you think, Harry."

"I said didn't."

The girl stopped, her eyebrows still furrowed, "What do you mean?"

Harry gave a sigh, and shook his head, "Draco didn't want to do it. It was Snape who did it. It was always Snape."

For a minute, Y/N felt relieved. She knew that Draco didn't really want to do it, he just wanted to keep his loved ones safe from Voldemort.

But Snape? Dumbledore trusted him, didn't he?

"Snape," Y/N said in disbelief. For a moment, they were silent. They didn't know what to say, so Y/N took it as a sign to leave, "I'll leave you guys, I guess," she gave a tight smile, and it was clear that the three wanted to stop her, but they didn't say anything else other than just give her a small smile.

And once again, she was alone.

Alone with her loud thoughts.

• • •

The train ride consisted of Y/N just sleeping in her own carriage. There was nothing else to do. Unless she used all of those hours to just cry- which she did for the first hour.

Then finally, she stepped off the train.

In the distance, she saw the Weasleys, clearly waiting for Ron and Ginny. She also saw the Grangers, and other parents waiting eagerly for their children.

Y/N looked around, not really expecting Sirius to be anywhere.

But by a pillar, she saw him there. Alive and well. It felt surreal to see him again for the third year since they reconnected.

The girl didn't realize how much she longed for him until she saw him. For a moment, she forgot all of the problems, and ran towards her father who smiled at her from a far.

Attacking him with a hug, Y/N felt all her worries go away.

She felt at home.

Sirius chuckled lightly, and hugged her back just as tight, "I missed you, pup."

"I missed you, too," Y/N told him through a mumble. She looked up, and didn't saw a hint of disappointment in his face. It made her tear up.

Her father wiped her tears away, "Let's go home," he said.

And without another thought, Y/N nodded.

Finally, she was home. With her father.

Safe and sound just how Draco wanted her to be.

~~~