•IX - Grawp•

Y/N, HARRY, Hermione, and Ron walked the wooden bridge to Hagrid's. It's been quite a while since Umbridge had the position of Headmistress, but all their scars from the blood quills were still noticeable.

They stung every once in a while, the scars were deep. But at least they weren't bleeding no longer.

It has also been awhile when Y/N last talked to Draco. There was no reason for her to talk to him again, but she would lie if she said she didn't miss the blonde even one bit. 

The mischievous Gryffindor and the Slytherin prince built some kind of bond over the past few months. It's not something Y/N has built with the trio, but it was something else- something different.

Though seeing as the current days hasn't been well for everyone, now was not the right time to be friends with the enemy- Merlin, it was weird saying that.

"You did everything you could," said Ron as the four stopped in the middle of the bridge, the cold air hitting their faces, giving Y/N shivers down her spine, "No one could win against that old hag."

Harry shook his head, feeling bad. He thinks he's responsible for everything that's happening- which really, he isn't. He's just a kid who wants to survive school. But that seems impossible with Voldemort around.

Hermione let out a soft sigh, "Even Dumbledore didn't see this coming," she said, a look of sympathy coming across her face, "Harry, if it's anyone's fault, it's ours."

"Yeah, we talked you into it," Y/N said in a low voice, putting a comforting hand on Harry's shoulder. She really did feel bad for the green eyed boy, it wasn't his fault that the dark lord was always at his tail. Harry didn't deserve this life.

The boy who lived turned around to face the three, "But I agreed," he said, "I tried so hard to help, and all it's done is make things worse," Harry looked away, ashamed that he has let everyone down.

Y/N shook her head, "It's really not your fault, Harry, you know that."

Harry looked at her for a moment, then turned around, facing the foggy view of the black lake, "Well, it doesn't really matter anymore," he said, "Because I don't want to play anymore. All it does is make you care too much. And the more you care, the more you lose."

Hermione, Ron, and Y/N shared a look, "Harry-" the green eyed boy didn't let Y/N finish.

"Maybe it's just better to.." he trailed off.

"To what?" Hermione asked, even though she knew very well what the answer was.

Harry stopped for a moment. It was quiet, the tension wore thick. The air blew harder, making it colder. Y/N hugged herself, trying to warm herself up.

The boy who lived slowly faced his three friends, "To go alone."

Y/N immediately shook her head, "No, we'll go with you-"

But once again, she was interrupted when a small whisper was heard from the end of the bridge, as if someone was trying to get their attention.

All four of them looked at the end of the bridge in confusion, "Hagrid..?" mumbled Harry.

The half giant didn't answer, instead, he just gestured for the four to follow him. Harry, Y/N, Hermione, and Ron shared a confused look, but nevertheless, followed Hagrid.

They found themselves in the forbidden forest, the fog blocking their view from whatever they're trying to get to, "Any ideas where he's taking us?" Ron asked Hermione.

Harry looked back at them, then looked at the half giant guiding them into the forest, "Hagrid, why can't you just tell us?"

Instead of answering, Hagrid just walked forward, but stopped when he heard sounds of running- like horses.

Suddenly, a group of centaurs ran past them, making Y/N step back in surprise. Once the centaurs finally passed, the group sighed in relief, since the half blooded creatures weren't the kindest.

"I've never seen centaurs so riled," Hagrid finally said after being quiet for so long, "And they're dangerous at the best of times. The Ministry restricts their territory much more.. They'll have uprising on their hands."

Y/N, seeing as the half giant was uneasy (And obviously is avoiding the subject.), walked forward, a look of worry on her face, "Hagrid, what's going on?"

A sigh left Hagrid's lips, as he finally faced the teenagers, "I'm sorry to be mysterious, you four. I wouldn't be bothering you at all with it, but with Dumbledore gone.. I'll likely be getting the sack any day now," he said as he fiddled with his fingers. The four looked at him with such sadness. Hogwarts will never be Hogwarts if Hagrid wasn't there. It just won't be the same, "And I just couldn't leave without telling someone about him."

The four shared a look, "Who..?" asked Y/N.

But instead of Hagrid answering, a sound of leaves scrunching from behind a rock was heard. The four teenagers stood with guard, but Hagrid just stayed there, as if he wasn't afraid of what it might be.

Suddenly, a giant stood up, "Grawpy!" exclaimed Hagrid, a smile on his face. But the giant was facing the other way, "Down here, you great buffoon!"

Y/N, Ron, Hermione, Ron, and of course, Harry shared a scared look, their eyes wide from seeing the giant, "I don't think this is a great idea.." Y/N mumbled.

The birds flew around the giant, flying above the teenagers, making Grawp step forwards towards them. The four stepped backwards in order to avoid getting stepped on. Grawp tried to catch a bird with his huge hands, making the four teenagers duck in surprise.

"Grawpy!" exclaimed Hagrid with a tone. The four Gryffindors slowly stood up, their eyes on the giant, "I brought you some company."

Slowly, the giant averted his eyes on the four Gryffindors, and just like that, they started backing away. Suddenly, Grawp sped up, making Y/N scream in horror, speeding up their sprints.

Y/N tripped on a twig, and just as she did, Grawp came to a sudden stop- he was tied to a tree.

Ron held in a laugh, seeing the mischievous Gryffindor on the ground. Y/N glared at the ginger, making him shut up. Harry gave her a mischievous grin, but held his hand to her. Y/N took his hand, and stood up, dusting off her jeans, "The twig was in the way!" she whisper shouted at Ron, and Harry, which they only nodded at.

Hagrid let out a sigh, "I couldn't just leave him," he said, "Because he's my brother."

At that, the four look up at him in surprise.

"Blimey," Ron had said, looking up at the giant.

For once in every now and then, Ron was right. Blimey, indeed.

~~~

I promise to include Draco content on the next chapter <3