•VI - Being Dramatic•

THE NEXT morning, Y/N woke up early, to give a gift, since, today she, Harry, Hermione, and the Weasleys are going to Grimmauld Place for the Holidays.

She managed to buy some last minute gifts on the last Hogsmeade trip, so now, here she is, walking up the Owlry before breakfast, so she could send Draco her present, without actually talking to him.

She didn't want to catch everyone's attention by walking over to the Slytherin table, so she thought this was the best way to send it.

Y/N tied the small packet of sweets on her owl's leg, and after, she patted the owl's head, and gave it treats, "send this to Draco Malfoy at breakfast, alright?", the owl hooted, making her chuckle, "thanks, Snuffles."

The owl hooted once again, and flew away. The girl smiled and went down the stairs

She walked in the great hall. Everything was decorated in white such as artificial snow, the trees were white, and most of all, it was snowing inside the great hall, because of the enchanted ceiling.

Y/N sat down beside Hermions. The Weasleys were in deep thought, which, she couldn't blame them. Even she's worried about Arthur, but everyone needed to eat breakfast first.

"so.. Is everyone excited for the holidays?", she said, breaking the ice.

Everyone looked at her, the Weasleys smiled weakly at her, but nevertheless, they nodded.

Y/N sighed, and looked at Harry, "excited to see your godfather again?"

The green eyed boy nodded, "of course, but probably not as excited as you. You wouldn't shut up about Sirius."

Laughing, the girl said, "you can't blame me, brother."

At that, Harry just shook his head. Soon, post arrived, and students buzzed in excitement.

Y/N didn't expect to receive anything, but a black owl dropped something in front of her, making her eyebrows furrow.

"ooh! Little Black has an admirer.", the twins teased, making her roll her eyes.

"please, i'm secretly admired by everyone.", she said, and winked. She grabbed the present, and her eyes widen, seeing who it was from.

She immediately hid it in her jumper, making the twins, and the trio look at her with confused looks on their faces, "who was it from?", asked Hermione

Y/N didn't want to tell them it was from Draco. When they find out she's hanging out with him, they'll go mental!

Clearing her throat, she smiled, "a secret admirer, didn't say who it was from", she said, and stood up without another word.

She walked towards the exit of the great hall, not even having to eat anything, but before she walked out the big doors, she glanced at Draco, the same time the blonde did at her.

They looked into each other's eyes for a moment. Y/N smiled at Him and mouthed a 'thank you', which he returned, too.

The girl walked out the great hall with a smile. A genuine one, at that.

• • •

Grimmauld place was filled with happiness, even though things happened. It was Christmas, after all.

Everyone sat on the table, and mrs. Weasley started handing out presents, "a nice big box for Ron, and for you, and..", Molly held two presents in front of Fred and George, she switched the gifts multiple times, making Y/N laugh from her seat. The older woman laughed and finally gave the twins their gifts, "come on, open them up!"

The twins opened their gifts, showing scarves. They thanked their mother, and put the scarves on.

Y/N handed her presents, too, and everyone thanked her for it.

Lastly, she stood up, holding two presents in hand. She walked by the doorway, and stopped in front of Remus and Sirius, "Dad.", she said, handing him a wrapped box, "uncle Remus.", she handed the other box to the other man.

Sirius smiled, and took the box, and so did Remus, "Thank you, Y/N.", the both of them said and unison.

"i'm sorry if you don't like it. I wasn't really sure what you wanted.", the girl said to her father shyly

"i'm sure it's perfect. We think alike, after all.", Sirius said, making Y/N laugh.

Remus nodded at that, "trust me, Padfoot, all those years that i lived with her, there was no day i never saw you in her.", he said

At that, Sirius smiled, and gave the girl a tight hug. Y/N immediately hugged back just as tight, while Remus stood there, smiling to himself that finally, Y/N and her father can live together.

"dinner is ready, sit down, everyone.", said Molly, so the three of them, Y/N, Sirius, and Remus, sat down.

Aurthur then, raised his goblet, " a Christmas toast, to Harry Potter.. Without whom i would not be here."

Everyone raised their own goblets, "to Harry.", they all said in unison.

Soon, everyone ate, the table was filled with laughter, and such happiness.

It really was a good Christmas, because finally, Y/N spent it with her father.

• • •

Y/N was walking around the house, when she heard Harry's and Sirius' voice in a room.

She stopped walking and looked in, "i was always welcome at the Potter's.", Sirius said, looking at Harry, "i see him so much in you, Harry. You are very much alike."

The girl sighed and walked away.

She knows it's wrong, but she couldn't help but feel a bit jealous of Harry. Her father has spent more time with him than with her.

Y/N's sure Sirius didn't mean to make her feel that way, but still. She walked to the living room, and she saw Remus there, reading the daily prophet, "hello, uncle Rem.", she said not as enthusiastic as she would.

The man looked up, seeing the girl's frown, "Y/N, what's wrong?"

"nothing. It's childish, really.", she smiled sadly.

Remus tilted his head, "tell me."

Sighing, Y/N frowned, "sorry, it's just that dad's treating Harry more of his child than me. I mean, i get that Harry's longing for a parent, and i have nothing against that.", she said, looking down, "i haven't spent time with my father much. I guess i'm just a bit jealous, is all."

Remus smiled at her. He put a comforting hand on Y/N's shoulder, and said, "trust me, your father wants to spend time with you just as much as you do. He's just a bit worried you won't like him as a father."

"but he's great!", the girl exclaimed

"i know he is. But he's scared that you'll realize you don't need him, after all these years, he wasn't there for you. He's scared that you won't want him in your life anymore.", Remus said

A tear rolled down Y/N's face, which she immediately wiped off, "he has nothing to be scared about.", she laughed, "sorry, i'm being dramatic."

Remus chuckled, "just like your father."

At that, Y/N just laughed. She really is thankful for her uncle Remus. All those years, he took care of her.

One day, she wants to return the favor, no matter what it is.

~~~