《C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - T W O》

Kieran's POV

We were waiting for Daniel in the car and I was fuming. Kiara was sitting in the passenger seat of the car and she was on her phone she hadn't tried to say anything at all. She looked calm but I knew better than that she was thinking very deeply about something.

I was about to say something but I saw Daniel coming with bags. I leaned into the car and opened the boot and he started putting his bags inside. He came to stand by me when he was done and said, 'So is that your girlfriend?'

I turned to him emotionless and said, 'Get in the car.'

I got into the car and waited for him to get into the car. He got into the car and I started the car and drove off. The car was deathly silent but from my peripheral view I could see Kiara was still pretty deep in thought just looking outside the window.

Her phone started ringing then I heard her swear under her breathe and I turned to me and she looked at me and said, 'Please can you drop me off at my office?'

I furrowed my eyebrows and said, 'Is everything alright?'

She turned to me and said, 'There is a big issue at work and they need my attention.'

I nodded, let out a sigh and said, 'Sure thing.'

I sped up and I was just curious as to what was happening. Her phone started ringing and she answered, and the person on the other side of the phone was talking. She hummed and said, 'Yes I did notice that too. I'm on my way to the office and we can finish the rest of what we figured out and yes Marcello did say I should get there asap as well. '

We arrived at her offices and Daniel put his head inbetween our seats and said, 'You work here?'

She nodded and then she said to the person on the phone, 'Yeah I just pulled up. '

She ended the call and she turned to me and said, 'Thanks Kieran.'

She looked back at Daniel and said, 'It was nice to sort of meet you Daniel. '

She hopped out of the car and gave me soft smile and closed the door. I turned to the buildings doors and I saw Andrew, Kiara's Deputy coming out of the doors. They hugged then they talked for a bit and I saw Arthur coming out of a car holding some of Kiara's work stuff. Kiara smiled in relief at Arthur and they had a small conversation and she hugged him and Arthur tipped his hat and was gone.

Andrew took Kiara's stuff for her and they walked into the building together. Daniel climbed into the passenger seat and I just decided to ignore him and I drove us home.

The entire drive home was Daniel trying to talk to me and I would just look at him and not say anything. I just can't figure out why Daniel called me, why my parents didn't answer the phone it makes me think that maybe this was planned. My father can be very manipulative and there is a chance that this is a plan of his so I don't trust Daniel.

Daniel has never liked me and now he's coming to stay at my house, he's trying to talk to me it just seems all too weird to me. I promised myself long ago that I was done letting my father try to manipulate me in any way and this feels too suspicious to me.

We arrived home and I could hear Daniel following behind me with all his bags. I silently led him to the second best room after the master and I opened the door and I decided to go to do some work in the office.

I was going through some contracts that I needed to sign and my head just kept going back to why Kiara was so deep in thought before and why Daniel was here. I don't understand why my dad would want to manipulate me, I had been exceeding all his expectations so this didn't make sense but at the same time why else would they not answer when they got the call from Columbia and why would Daniel choose to have them call me he could have called anyone else I don't know who but Daniel hates me so that much isn't making much sense.