《C H A P T E R T W E N T Y》

Kieran's POV

We had fallen asleep whilst watching the third movie and it was now almost midnight and we had just woken up. Kiara seemed thoughtful and said, 'We can't go out for dinner, look at the time.'

I nodded because she was right and I said, 'Well I can make us some tacos for dinner.'

For this weekend I had made sure there was going to be no one in the house it would really just be the two of us. She nodded and then I motioned for her to follow me and she jumped up and came with me. I had been making my preparation for the tacos and she was sitting on the kitchen counter fiddling. She groaned and I looked at her questioning her frustration and she said, 'I'm sorry I tried to just sit but can I help in like anyway?'

I chuckled and said, 'You can go pick the wine since I'm already plating the food. '

She looked relieved and she was about to stand up then she stopped and said, 'What bottle do you want me to pick because I don't know what goes with what?'

I was thoughtful and I said, 'A simple bottle of Sauvignon Blanc will be good. '

She nodded and swiftly made her way towards the wine cellar, she knew where every room was because I had given her a tour before we came  to the kitchen so she could be comfortable in and around the house. I hadn't done the grounds of the compound, the guest house and staff quarters yet.

I had set the table and she walked in with two bottles of the wine and she put them on the table. We sat down and I waited for her expectantly as she was putting together her taco. She took a bite of the taco and she was chewing and I was just waiting for a reaction. She finished a taco and she looked at me and wiped her mouth and she said, 'Why am I being watched?'

I shook my head and I started eating and then she said, 'Oh you wanted to hear what I thought?'

I looked up at her whilst chewing and she said, 'It tastes delicious bubs.'

She took a sip of the wine and the rest of the meal was spent with us just chatting. We were done eating and we had washed and packed the dishes away and we were now drinking wine and sitting in the living room. 

We were sitting on the floor and Kiara had her legs draped over mine and we were talking. I was learning alot about Kiara we were on our second bottle of wine now.

She looked at me and said, 'So tell me about your little assassin training you went through?'

I chuckled at how she obviously didn't think the training was legit and said, 'Little.'

She nodded and said, 'Yes Kieran, little. '

Kiara was cheeky as always and I just smiled. I put my glass down and sat back and said, 'So my family has a lot of enemies and apparently we have always been trained because some people can get through security but I need to, you know be able to protect myself and hold my own. '

She nodded and she said, 'Have you ever experienced a situation where you have had to?'

I nodded and said, 'Yes when I was in University I was attacked while at school but you know it was pretty easy.'

She nodded and took a sip of her wine and I said, 'How about you, have you ever had to defend yourself because of  your family situation?'

She seemed to be fighting with herself and she said, 'Well we weren't attacked but when we had been trained we were sent on a mission as a way to test out if we had passed training. We had to eliminate a small group that was forming in our group that had stolen some weapons and drugs and were planning to start a new mob. What people don't understand was that the amount of loyalty that is in a type of organisation like that is unreal, if the wrong person finds out we'll know immediately. We had found out when it started because of the surveillance we did a lot of the time. The small group was left to try and recruit, everyone they tried to recruit except their team of twenty had actually reported to us and rejected the proposal. We used this to check loyalty within the organisation. When we were sure of who was loyal we were sent in to eliminate the unloyal group at their very first meeting all together. '